Spring 2007 CPs - How you feelin'?

sandicinderelli

Original Poster
I miss Disney SO MUCH! I had a great program and I wish I had the money to go back, even if it's just for a weekend. To those of you doing the Fall 2007 CP, my advice to you is to visit the parks as much as you can. As soon as you get back home, you'll miss them. Don't let issues at your work location kill the magic.

CP alumni, how you feelin'? Share your thoughts. I know it will be therapeutic for you as it is for me.

jiminy.cricket

Same! I'm definitely still going through a little withdrawal, especially since it seems everyone I met is back there this summer! I'm still evaluating whether or not I want to work there for life, but I certainly would like to go back...like now!

leeroy8

I'm on my way to WDW this November, coming from Australia!! I can't wait. I had my first visit to Florida last year in October, and spent 6 days straight (open til close) in the parks. I miss it like crazy! I can't wait to go back!
And I'm definatly taking your advice - I plan on spending as much time in the parks as possible - otherwise I just know I'll get home and regret it hehehe :ROFLOL:

- Lee :sohappy: <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

sandicinderelli

Original Poster
Do any of you get to see any fireworks while on your job? I'd imagine that would be cool

Yes, I saw Wishes everyday that I worked. When I was working at turnstiles, I would hear the music and see some of the fireworks. When I worked PAC, I saw Wishes everytime. Many times, we were concentrating on the guests, so we couldn't really enjoy seeing Wishes like the guests were. So Wishes ended up being like an alarm for us, letting us know when to set up, when to break down, stuff like that. But seeing the fireworks everyday was a priviledge to me, because I knew that people from around the world were enjoying them. I really appreciated Wishes when I saw them when I WASN'T working - it made a big difference.

Hope that helps. :)

jiminy.cricket

Yes, I saw Wishes everyday that I worked. When I was working at turnstiles, I would hear the music and see some of the fireworks. When I worked PAC, I saw Wishes everytime. Many times, we were concentrating on the guests, so we couldn't really enjoy seeing Wishes like the guests were. So Wishes ended up being like an alarm for us, letting us know when to set up, when to break down, stuff like that. But seeing the fireworks everyday was a privilege to me, because I knew that people from around the world were enjoying them. I really appreciated Wishes when I saw them when I WASN'T working - it made a big difference.

Hope that helps. :)

That's so true; I picked up a few shifts in Main Street PAC and it's so fun but so stressful and people can get nasty. I got yelled at and even elbowed in the stomach ("accidentally") once! I loved it, though! But I agree; I could never enjoy the parade or watch Wishes because I was too worried about keeping areas clear and maintaining traffic flow! I miss it a lot right now...

sandicinderelli

Original Poster
That's so true; I picked up a few shifts in Main Street PAC and it's so fun but so stressful and people can get nasty. I got yelled at and even elbowed in the stomach ("accidentally") once! I loved it, though! But I agree; I could never enjoy the parade or watch Wishes because I was too worried about keeping areas clear and maintaining traffic flow! I miss it a lot right now...

Me, too!! Did you pick up shifts during this past spring? I wonder if we worked together. Whenever I hear the music to SpectroMagic, it does something to me. It seemed like I could be having the worst day, but when I saw those floats go by, something inside me would say, "It's okay, the best is coming down Main Street." I know that sounds corny, but it got me through the worst of the worst days, which were few while I was there. I really had to learn how to not take things so personally. Gee, I'm still learning! :) Aren't the PAC costumes the best?

jiminy.cricket

Me, too!! Did you pick up shifts during this past spring? I wonder if we worked together. Whenever I hear the music to SpectroMagic, it does something to me. It seemed like I could be having the worst day, but when I saw those floats go by, something inside me would say, "It's okay, the best is coming down Main Street." I know that sounds corny, but it got me through the worst of the worst days, which were few while I was there. I really had to learn how to not take things so personally. Gee, I'm still learning! :) Aren't the PAC costumes the best?

No; sadly, we probably didn't meet since I did Fall Advantage 2007. :( I guess the music doesn't evoke the same feeling because I didn't do PAC every day, but I still miss the experience. I didn't really pay attention to the floats or fireworks much because I was so neurotic about traffic! Haha. I tried to sound courteous, but it's difficult not to yell when there are masses of people and the music is blasted and it's dark! I imagine working on Main Street would give people really thick skin. Working at Disney World in general tends to give people thick skin (or make them bitter at humanity, I suppose). I loved it so much, though. Main Street Ops consider themselves the best of the best, and I can understand why! I loved the PAC costumes; especially since I was originally statused at a restaurant with a super-tacky costume. I saw the Main Street Ops costume and I was like wow...this costume is so awesome. Actually any other costume seemed glorious to me.

jiminy.cricket

Yeah they are. I mostly did Main Street PAC, but also did Frontierland PAC from time to time. That was fun.

Me too! I did Frontierland and Liberty Square PAC, and they were way more laid back, but Main Street was still my favorite for some reason! I guess it just seemed a little more organized and CMs were really willing to "take care" of me.

joanna71985

Me too! I did Frontierland and Liberty Square PAC, and they were way more laid back, but Main Street was still my favorite for some reason! I guess it just seemed a little more organized and CMs were really willing to "take care" of me.

So true. I actually still have friends on Main Street PAC from my first CP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom