wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Disneys-Hollywood-Studios_Full_41374.jpg

Last edited:

ptaylor

Premium Member
Great to see the lights back, but my goodness, those posts.

"This is a culmination of years of work by our teams to bring “premiere night, every night” energy to this iconic golden age of Hollywood architecture. I love when our teams are able use their unique skills to enhance the stories within our parks and this definitely showcases what our Imagineers ingenuity."

Like the EPCOT fountain, this is a case of putting things back to how they were on day 1. It is hardly pushing the envelope.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

"This is a culmination of years of work by our teams to bring “premiere night, every night” energy to this iconic golden age of Hollywood architecture. I love when our teams are able use their unique skills to enhance the stories within our parks and this definitely showcases what our Imagineers ingenuity."

Like the EPCOT fountain, this is a case of putting things back to how they were on day 1. It is hardly pushing the envelope.
Just what I wrote elsewhere.

The Empress Lilly

'Unique skills, 'our Imagineers' ingenuity' = re-installing a few factory made 1989 technology lights?

How many Imagineers does it take to change a lightbulb?
Thirty-six. One to change the bulb, thirthy-five social media experts to sell it as a magic spectacle.

aladdin2007

he needs to go, hes destroyed epcot beyond belief. nothing good to say. only thing he seems to know to talk about are the lights on the park icons and thats it, they seem to be doing nothing else.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Breaking news: WDI has posted on Instagram that they seamlessly replaced the malfunctioning electric hand dryer in the men’s room in Tomorrow Land at the magic kingdom.

On his Instagram, Instagramineer Extraordinare Zach Ridley posted:

But the part I am really excited about is the triumphant return of electric hand dryers to our restrooms as we welcome guests to make sure they properly wash their hands. This is a culmination of years of work by our teams to bring basic sanitary options to this men's room. I love when our teams are able use their unique skills to enhance the stories within our parks and this definitely showcases our Imagineers ingenuity.

The Rocketeer

I mean I wanted this to happen in early 2015 when the view of the Chinese Theatre was restored, as I'm sure most everyone here did too. Glad they're back finally!

But boy... do I miss Great Movie Ride. I get that it was showing its age, and almost 90 year old films like Public Enemy and Footlight Parade are forgotten today when 80's movies are considered classics. I say it just needed an overhaul, keeping the same premise, but the whole idea of a slow moving animatronic based attraction is a foreign concept to today's imagineers except for Bob Weiss, of course, who was a creative lead for MGM. Still MMRR is solid, just wish it was built elsewhere in the park. The sides of the theatre look bare without signs there, in my opinion. You could still keep the middle attraction sign and just put generic Chinese theatre marquees featuring Perfect Picnic on them, but what do I know? The all powerful Zachary "Instagram" Ridley and Robert Chapstick definitely know what's best...

Last edited:

Walt d

I love art deco my only regret is that I did not live back then with all the art deco. Im so glad that they picked the first year of it. After the Paris exhibition were it started , and the new spots will
Make it all work together as one..,

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom