Spot holding on park rides - during and post COVID

Phonedave

There is no legitimate reason. If you can't hold your business wear a diaper. It isn't as if you don't know that a line is going to 90 minutes long, and if you are sick and need frequent trips to a restroom then stay home and stop trying to expose everyone else in the world to whatever virus is causing you problems. IBS isn't even a valid excuse because when you have IBS you know what is going to set it off, so avoid those things when you know you're going to be standing a line and you probably already know about using a diaper. If they enforced it with zero tolerance it wouldn't be a problem. The real problem is when they make exceptions for anyone it gives an example of others not to follow the rules and then others follow that example.

This is where you and I are going to differ and I don't think I am going to change your opinion and you are not going to change mine. Things happen, you cannot always plan for every situation. Wearing a diaper is not always the solution. Being nice to people who are in an unfortunate situation is what makes society and life pleasant. But, when you take care of others, there will be others who try to take advantage.

Phonedave

^On that note.. if you're going to use a diaper, please don't drop a deuce in it while standing in front of me. I will gladly hold your spot in line to avoid vomiting all over everyone in my immediate vicinity.

My hatred of line skipping runs deep but not that deep.

Exactly,

Just from a standard of making things better for everyone around. It's 90 degrees in the heat. Somebody in front of me with an hour to go in line feels like they need to go. Rather than leave line and come back they load up a diaper and stand in front of me. Likewise they are standing in line with a loaded diaper for an hour, then sitting in a ride car - not a pleasant situation for anybody.

An adult diaper (or for that matter a kid in a diaper) is not a solution. You don't load up a diaper and then wear it for an hour. It's is there to prevent a mess because you have an accident and then you change it ASAP.

NickMaio

There is no legitimate reason. If you can't hold your business wear a diaper. It isn't as if you don't know that a line is going to 90 minutes long, and if you are sick and need frequent trips to a restroom then stay home and stop trying to expose everyone else in the world to whatever virus is causing you problems. IBS isn't even a valid excuse because when you have IBS you know what is going to set it off, so avoid those things when you know you're going to be standing a line and you probably already know about using a diaper. If they enforced it with zero tolerance it wouldn't be a problem. The real problem is when they make exceptions for anyone it gives an example of others not to follow the rules and then others follow that example.
Seriously....grow up.
This is even more nauseating than your other posts.

Its called tolerance........we all need more of this, more than ever.

I honestly could care less if someone goes past me in line while they catch up with others or are simply being jerks and lying.
Life is too short......especially on my vacation.

NickMaio

This is where you and I are going to differ and I don't think I am going to change your opinion and you are not going to change mine. Things happen, you cannot always plan for every situation. Wearing a diaper is not always the solution. Being nice to people who are in an unfortunate situation is what makes society and life pleasant. But, when you take care of others, there will be others who try to take advantage.
Thank you.........really. Thank you.

Astrotrain

◝⊡_⊡◜
Personally, my biggest pet peeve is being shoved from behind. There's a lot of disrespect from those trying to get through. If they ask nicely I feel a lot better about it but when they storm through with complete disregard for others it makes me want to step in front of them. Unfortunately the latter seems to be more common.

thomas998

You're right we probably won't ever agree. I was raised to be self sufficient and never allow myself to burden others. It's the reason if I see things going south for myself I'll take myself out rather than cause hardship or inconvenience for others... But that's my outlook, others thing the world should care for them. We differ.

thomas998

Seriously....grow up.
This is even more nauseating than your other posts.

Its called tolerance........we all need more of this, more than ever.

I honestly could care less if someone goes past me in line while they catch up with others or are simply being jerks and lying.
Life is too short......especially on my vacation.
We differ. Just don't ever try to go past me, I won't budge and will be more than happy to take it to the extreme if pushed. Realize others like me exist and do yourself a favor and play by the rules.

Raineman

We differ. Just don't ever try to go past me, I won't budge and will be more than happy to take it to the extreme if pushed. Realize others like me exist and do yourself a favor and play by the rules.
So, you would be “more than happy” to get into a fistfight, in a queue at WDW, just because someone line jumped? Really? Is getting kicked out of the park, cops called on you, and possibly banned, worth it?

Giss Neric

First of all, we all know people who wait in such long lines are not frequent visitors. These people are probably first timers or never know what Fastpass even means or thinks that's it has a fee but it's actually free. Basically, poor planning.

I never encounter/experience spot holding cause I never would wait in line for more than 30 minutes except when the ride breaks down. If I can't fastpass the ride, I would go first thing in the morning at opening and ride all the rides that I know will have high wait times later in the day. If I have to drag my family and relatives who are not morning persons I would.

From a CM's perspective, it's a waste of time trying to reprimand these type of guests. We all read news about CMs being punched and stuff and have been verbally assaulted.

I also am not a confrontational person but if someone does confront someone about line cutting and spot holding, I would definitely join the mob and call them out but at the same time I do not want to be the center of the battle.

Kamikaze

The amount of people on this forum who will actively be at the parks is such a small number that I doubt it would make a significant impact. People still have to wait in line and be reasonably close to getting on the ride for CM's to give it to them. And it has to be the entire party. They're not going to give a group of two people four fast passes.

Except when news/tips/whatever from here get reposted by the garbage WDW blogs and 'tips' sites and videos like happens every single day.

thomas998

Alright then. If my son and I need to leave the line because his bladder can't wait and we meet, it looks like someone might be going home.
Looking on WDW's website on guest rules and policies there is no mention of leaving the line and coming back to meet your party. So I called this morning.
According to the Manager I spoke to this is a perfectly acceptable procedure, as long as your party is still in line.
So instead of making up your own rules because you are control freak, why not actually look into the rules of the park.
Plain and simple. Breaking line to join your party is acceptable in WDW.

"Please show common courtesy to fellow Guests and our Cast Members by not using profanity or engaging in unsafe, illegal, disruptive or offensive behavior, jumping lines or saving places in lines for others."

If you want to make up stories you might not make them up when someone can easily pull up the rules. That's from Disney Worlds own site. I don't make up the rules nor do I lie like you appear to do. Line jumping and saving places is never right.

thomas998

So, you would be “more than happy” to get into a fistfight, in a queue at WDW, just because someone line jumped? Really? Is getting kicked out of the park, cops called on you, and possibly banned, worth it?
I will never throw the first punch, so what I do will be self-defense. I'm not worried, is jumping in line worth it to you?

NickMaio

"Please show common courtesy to fellow Guests and our Cast Members by not using profanity or engaging in unsafe, illegal, disruptive or offensive behavior, jumping lines or saving places in lines for others."

If you want to make up stories you might not make them up when someone can easily pull up the rules. That's from Disney Worlds own site. I don't make up the rules nor do I lie like you appear to do. Line jumping and saving places is never right.
I called and spoke to Jeff who said holding a spot while a family member takes a child to the bathroom is fine and will not be enforced.
Nothing is being made up. Call if you want.
Use your common sense. How many families and children are at WDW.

NickMaio

[/QUOTE
Its heartwarming to know that there are people like you keeping families apart during their vacations.
Thanks very much. Another example of the type of social understanding and tolerance you exude here.

NickMaio

What WDW is referring to in their rules is 1 person going in line while the rest of their party us somewhere else, then they join up.
What is acceptable is your whole party starts in the line, 1 or two members need to leave for a medical or bathroom reason. They CAN leave and come back to join their party.
Go ahead call and ask.

thomas998

What WDW is referring to in their rules is 1 person going in line while the rest of their party us somewhere else, then they join up.
What is acceptable is your whole party starts in the line, 1 or two members need to leave for a medical or bathroom reason. They CAN leave and come back to join their party.
Go ahead call and ask.
Call like you did supposedly did hours before they open. Yeah, I'm sure you called. If you want to make up stories remember that the time you post something shows up along with your post. Your first post claiming you called this morning was so early I'm going to assume you live in the UK, just remember WDW is located in Florida and when you supposedly called people would only be waking up and getting ready for work.

NickMaio

Call like you did supposedly did hours before they open. Yeah, I'm sure you called. If you want to make up stories remember that the time you post something shows up along with your post. Your first post claiming you called this morning was so early I'm going to assume you live in the UK, just remember WDW is located in Florida and when you supposedly called people would only be waking up and getting ready for work.
I called 1 407 939 5277 and spoke to two different people.
And no I'm not from the UK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom