SPOILERS: The Mandalorian S1 Chapter 8 / Full Season 1 Discussion

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
I still can't believe there isn't a big release occuring in the first half of 2020 for Disney+ -- they are going to lose a bunch of subs from people who signed up mainly for The Mandalorian. They definitely should have had a Marvel program ready to go for early 2020.

As big as Mandalorian? Not really.

But there's a lot of additional smaller stuff. Here's January...

If people missed Aladdin or other big Disney/Marvel/Pixar releases this past year, they'll be coming.

LSLS

For all who think Star Wars fans want to hate everything, this thread is great. Even the biggest haters of Disney/Star Wars are happy with this series. This thing was just so well executed. Including this episode, which I think did an amazing job of closing out the season while opening the next one. Just amazingly done.

erasure fan1

For all who think Star Wars fans want to hate everything, this thread is great. Even the biggest haters of Disney/Star Wars are happy with this series.
Yes, good star wars equals happy fans. Unfortunately we seem to be in this strange place where if you don't gush over everything, you are somehow not a fan. I haven't been on edge like I have with the Mandalorian, especially the last couple episodes, with any of the new star wars. The formula is there if they choose to embrace it. The majority of fans don't want to dislike anything, they want to love it all.

dreday3

I hear Disney has confirmed major characters from the OT will be a part of season 2. Not expecting the big 3 but guessing every other character is a possibility. 👽

I'm going with the theory that The Child is dropped off with Luke Skykwalker for training. But then wouldn't that ultimately give him a sad ending?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
I hear they are casting Luke for the Obi Wan series now. 👍

It's a Young Luke. The series will be just like the Mandalorian protecting Baby Yoda, in that Obi Wan will be protecting Young Luke.

The difference is that Young Luke will be blissfully unaware that all the aliens he annoyed with his whining and were about to kill him wind up with their arm chopped off. Everywhere Young Luke goes, there's just a trail of arms.

jt04

It's a Young Luke. The series will be just like the Mandalorian protecting Baby Yoda, in that Obi Wan will be protecting Young Luke.

The difference is that Young Luke will be blissfully unaware that all the aliens he annoyed with his whining and were about to kill him wind up with their arm chopped off. Everywhere Young Luke goes, there's just a trail of arms.

Be happy you were born in this galaxy.

Bringing back Luke will help win back those fans who didn't appreciate Ep 8 whether justified or not. IMO.

mf1972

5C36EBD8-90E7-4BE2-A442-5FE3005274F6.jpeg

Darkprime

I still can't believe there isn't a big release occuring in the first half of 2020 for Disney+ -- they are going to lose a bunch of subs from people who signed up mainly for The Mandalorian. They definitely should have had a Marvel program ready to go for early 2020.

I'm guessing they would have had Falcon & Winter Soldier be the first half of 2020 marvel show if they could have but the production schedule didn't allow it. From what we know Falcon & Winter Soldier didn't enter full development until late 2018. Remember theres clone wars season 7 in February so not all is lost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom