MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
1577302562905.png

Merry Life Day, everyone!

Last edited:

Cosmic Commando

Nobody else wakes up at 3 AM to watch them, like I do?!

- IG-11 went out like a champ! I wish we would see more of him, but it's good for characters to stay dead. Same for Kuiil, even though that one was heart-breaking. My money says that Mando names Baby Yoda after Kuiil.

- I was a little worried that the whole episode was going to be ThorRagnaroked after that first scene, but Taika Waititi isn't a one-trick pony.

- I liked the way that they handled the name reveal. I don't think it would have been a big reward for fans, so I'm glad it wasn't some end-of-season "shocking" reveal. You can see why the actor let it casually slip in an interview before it was revealed on the show.

- Mando doesn't hate droids! Between Kuiil last episode and IG-11 now, Mando seems to be reassessing the way he treats people... and also not-people.

- What would a Yoda planet look like?

- The darksaber was a pretty cool reveal. I enjoy how this show doesn't ignore the stuff that has been handled in the cartoons. It's all part of one big galaxy.

jt04

This series could definitely be adapted to the big screen but the weekly episodes are very addicting. Wouldn't be surprised to see a second season and then a movie. I'm wondering if they are considering turning the second season into a 'direct to theaters' adaptation instead. Good to have those types of decisions I'm sure.

Great series. Second only to the original trilogy on my list.

Perfect cliff hanger ending. Wow!

BasiltheBatLord

The last episode had a little too many deux ex machinas for me (can people please just stay dead in this franchise?) but still a good series. Almost certainly the best Disney Star Wars thing yet. I'm curious if there will be a time skip for season 2 and if Baby Yoda will be older at all.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Wow. What a great first season. So much worldbuilding and character development and introduction, and most episodes were still entertaining in and of themselves. It was amazing how much ethos and pathos we got for Mando and the other Mandalorians considering we saw, what, 45 seconds of Pascal's face in the entire 8 episodes. That is a testament not only to him, but his body double, the writers, directors and producers.

This is good Star Wars, and I cannot be more excited for Season 2: The Search For Planet Yoda (Yodae?). Especially with Esposito and Ming-Na Wen coming after them.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Just got done watching....love this little Space Western! I cried when they were hitting the little guy and when Mando told the others to leave him. I'm emotionally involved in this darn thing!!

Overall, as a casual Star Wars fan I was very entertained by season 1 and can't wait for 2.

Does anyone know when Season 2 will drop?

sedati

Overall a good episode though a bit clunky.
How many times did they refer to that big gun by name? Star Wars doesn't usually dwell on such details and it seemed odd to me.
A good season with room for improvement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom