SPOILERS: Spider-Man No Way Home (Including Teasers/Trailers Speculation)

Timmay

Just got back from seeing it. No surprises really, at least for me. Couple of forced scenes that went on a bit too long. Lots of fan service and I’m really good with that. Kinda disappointed in the “reset” aspect of it and was hoping for maybe a little different ending lesson, but overall I give it an A-

LSLS

As has just been stated, you've said that already and no one is really disagreeing with you. However I will say that its very possible it won't be the highest grossing movie of 2021, that will still possibly be Shang-Chi. With only being released 2 weeks prior to the end of 2021 its hard for SM:NWH to break even $200M in the short period of time during a pandemic.

So I don't have any doubt SM:NWH will make more than Shang-Chi, and all I have to say is so what. They are both MCU movies, and both add to the story of the overall franchise. It really doesn't matter that you aren't interested in one and are interested in the other. Shang-Chi is still the number one movie of 2021 and will likely continue to be so until the end of the year.
As has been stated several times, it is actually unlikely Spider-man will be the top movie in 2021. It will make too much money in 2022, and likely not enough in 2021 to get that distinction. It may in fact make more money than Shang-Chi, but as for as which movie makes the most money in 2021, it is a tough hill to climb for Spider-man due to it's release date.
Closest I've found to people stating like fact that Spiderman won't be highest of the year. Some stating they though it unlikely due to the release date. Didn't see anyone State it like a fact like someone did about this being end game level.

gerarar

Premium Member
In my opinion, the hype delivered. Garfield has always been my favorite Spiderman, so to see him appear first, in a clever way too, made me smile so much. He was very much redeemed -- they made fun of the bad-ish writing of TASM movies, Andrew was called AMAZING, got the nickname 'Peter #3', and got to save MJ after failing to save his Gwen.
Tobey of course was also good. He was like the father figure between Garfield and Holland. Love the banter between all 3 of them.
Holland is now starting fresh, so it will be interesting where it takes him from here.

All around, lots of touching and enjoyable moments throughout. My theater had everyone clapping and cheering when Garfield appeared, then Tobey, also when Garfield saved MJ. Jokes were on point and the villains were fantastic. Nice to see all of them redeemed in their own way. For me, this has now become my favorite MCU movie, a billion out of 10. Will definitely watch this one a bunch more times.

Jedijax719

Haven't seen it yet but know enough about it to say this. Sounds like this movie will get an emotional finish that wraps things up, yet setting up for a fantastic re-start which will yield the NEXT most anticipated movie of all time! Amazing how they can do that!

BrianLo

I liked that the post-post credit scene was just a movie trailer. Have they ever done that?

Garfield I agree was a standout in terms of redemption. I haven’t watched the Amazing Spider-Man movies recently, but he’s a great Spider-Man when he’s being fun.

I’m annoyed with our Peter. I understand the point he’s at and wanting to protect those he loves… but it feels very counter to those characters wishes. I’m a bit confused about the logistics of it all though. So they all remember Spider-Man and everything he has done. Meaning Strange pseudo knows (but doesn’t) Peter.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Closest I've found to people stating like fact that Spiderman won't be highest of the year. Some stating they though it unlikely due to the release date. Didn't see anyone State it like a fact like someone did about this being end game level.
It was just speculation based on where we were at the time. As I basically said in my post if it does indeed beat Shang-Chi for highest grossing movie domestically of the 2021 calendar year, so what. Doesn't mean that Shang-Chi is a bad movie, or a flop. Just means that more people flocked to a theater during a pandemic to see Spidey. Also both are in the MCU, so in the end both still move the MCU story along.

This idea that several posters want to prove how xyz MCU movies are a flop is just ridiculous. If someone isn't interested in a particular MCU film doesn't mean it'll be a flop. And Shang-Chi earned enough to not only be proven it wasn't a flop, but also to get a sequel. Being a fan of the MCU should have people wanting all MCU films to do well, not just the ones you specifically want to see.

Now the only question left is where NWH will end up on the MCU earnings list. If I had to guess, and its only a guess, depending on how long it remains in theaters it'll end up domestically right between Homecoming and FFH. But that is based on current projections. Remember we are still in a pandemic. So it may end up being completely front loaded and fall off the map, only time will tell. Either way I'm happy its doing well.

Jedijax719

This may be going out on a limb, but I REALLY can see them turning
Zendaya into either Spiderwoman or Black Cat
. It actually makes sense when you think about it. If
Peter and MJ don't know each other and MJ gets caught up with either symbiote research or whatever, it is a way to bring them back together

The next set up movies are going to take things in some crazy directions for sure.

gerarar

Premium Member
I liked that the post-post credit scene was just a movie trailer. Have they ever done that?

Garfield I agree was a standout in terms of redemption. I haven’t watched the Amazing Spider-Man movies recently, but he’s a great Spider-Man when he’s being fun.
The first Captain America has a trailer for the Avengers at the post credit scene. So this is the first time since then we got a trailer at the end.

And totally agree with Garfield! Give 'em a watch whenever you have extra time. It's a shame tho that the characters/actors were brought down by shoddy writing and bad plot(s).

LSLS

It was just speculation based on where we were at the time. As I basically said in my post if it does indeed beat Shang-Chi for highest grossing movie domestically of the 2021 calendar year, so what. Doesn't mean that Shang-Chi is a bad movie, or a flop. Just means that more people flocked to a theater during a pandemic to see Spidey. Also both are in the MCU, so in the end both still move the MCU story along.

This idea that several posters want to prove how xyz MCU movies are a flop is just ridiculous. If someone isn't interested in a particular MCU film doesn't mean it'll be a flop. And Shang-Chi earned enough to not only be proven it wasn't a flop, but also to get a sequel. Being a fan of the MCU should have people wanting all MCU films to do well, not just the ones you specifically want to see.

Now the only question left is where NWH will end up on the MCU earnings list. If I had to guess, and its only a guess, depending on how long it remains in theaters it'll end up domestically right between Homecoming and FFH. But that is based on current projections. Remember we are still in a pandemic. So it may end up being completely front loaded and fall off the map, only time will tell. Either way I'm happy its doing well.
Exactly my point. You didn't state it was going to happen. You stated a well-reasoned, logical argument as to why you could see it not happening. That is not the same thing as saying "There is no way this beats Shang Chi for 2021 box office." Or "This will do End Game numbers."

Disneyfanman

What a fun movie! It exceeded all of my expectations and I loved every fan service minute! My only issue with the story is that to make it all work, our Peter Parker had to be an idiot. But I rolled with it and it was so good! I was at a premier and the crowed reacted in a way that I have only ever seen at Endgame. The cheered, laughed and sniffled. The "reset" was a great idea too because they can go anywhere they want to now and don't have to be tied to the same Aunt May/MJ tropes. Dr. Strange was great! The classic bad guys were great and I thought that the Green Goblin stole the show. In my mind the film lives with the very best of the MCU. Well done Sony/Disney! It was the most fun I have had at the movies in a couple of years! Well, since Endgame!

Timmay

What a fun movie! It exceeded all of my expectations and I loved every fan service minute! My only issue with the story is that to make it all work, our Peter Parker had to be an idiot. But I rolled with it and it was so good! I was at a premier and the crowed reacted in a way that I have only ever seen at Endgame. The cheered, laughed and sniffled. The "reset" was a great idea too because they can go anywhere they want to now and don't have to be tied to the same Aunt May/MJ tropes. Dr. Strange was great! The classic bad guys were great and I thought that the Green Goblin stole the show. In my mind the film lives with the very best of the MCU. Well done Sony/Disney! It was the most fun I have had at the movies in a couple of years! Well, since Endgame!
I personally hated the reset as now we basically get to do an origin story…again. I had hoped we were past that. That and the secret identity are the biggest tropes of all. A far better ending would have had Peter learning he didn’t need a secret identity…as nobody else in the entire MCU has one.

erasure fan1

I finally got to see it as I missed it in theaters and was waiting for the Blu ray/Dvd digital copy. Straight up, best one of the 3 by far. They did a great job of bringing all 3 series together and not making it seem forced. Garfield stole the show for me but everyone made me smile. Fox was much better this time. I wasn't a fan of him in amazing spider man 2. I really hope all 3 Spideys show up in another movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom