SPOILERS: Live Action Rescue Rangers

Fox&Hound

We watched it with VERY low expectations and enjoyed some of the clever nods. Not something I want to watch again, but it was not as horrible as I thought it would be.

Vegas Disney Fan

It's likely that this flick will end up on the top ten Nielsen streaming ratings chart due to viewer curiosity

Totally agree, Chip and Dale are still immensely popular so a movie featuring them was destined to get eyes.

Unfortunately this probably won’t live up to most peoples expectations, not bad but not great either.

Dear Prudence

Ok…how many billions are there of those?
Unfortunately a lot. Most of the YT videos have thousands of views, a couple of them by popular channels have millions. Because I watch a lot of Disney content, they come up in my suggestions, and I dismiss them as not interested. The fact that there are so many (monetized)videos like this, not just for Driscoll, makes me incredibly uncomfortable.

Sir_Cliff

I feel a bit sheepish to admit this now, but I finally watched the film and thought it was actually quite good. I'm surprised that some of the humour made it past whoever approves these things at Disney. I guess as some of the other comments show, there is humour in here that may touch on things people don't think should be the object of humour. Was also impressed at the volume of cameos from other studios.

Personally, I think they pulled off something really difficult in making this work so well and it will probably become a bit of a cult classic!

LittleBuford

I feel a bit sheepish to admit this now, but I finally watched the film and thought it was actually quite good. I'm surprised that some of the humour made it past whoever approves these things at Disney. I guess as some of the other comments show, there is humour in here that may touch on things people don't think should be the object of humour. Was also impressed at the volume of cameos from other studios.

Personally, I think they pulled off something really difficult in making this work so well and it will probably become a bit of a cult classic!
Your thoughts closely mirror mine. My favourite cameo was Paula Abdul and her cat boyfriend!

Indy_UK

Watched it last night and I loved it. I feel it Made them relevant again on the screen rather than just being theme park characters.

The huge amount of nods and cameos were great and the jokes were funny.

I hope they do another

Sir_Cliff

Your thoughts closely mirror mine. My favourite cameo was Paula Abdul and her cat boyfriend!
As someone who is pretty much exactly the right age to have been watching Rescue Rangers when it was first on, I thought the cameos were very well pitched to those of us who watched it when it was first on! I guess humour is more subjective, but the more I think about it the more I think they chose the writers well in appealing to those who grew up watching the show.

TrainsOfDisney

In theory, chip and dale would have started working with Mickey and Donald and then graduated to their own show, I’m wondering if the original story had to be changed because Disney exec.s didn’t want the fab. 5 in the movie?

The meeting at school as kids thing felt so forced.

Fun movie though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom