SPOILERS: Indiana Jones 5 (Jun 30, 2023)

jeangreyforever

What makes you think Waller-Bridge is “basically the co-lead” of this movie we have not seen?
She's second billed. Shia LaBeouf was the co-lead of the last movie and he played the similar new generation role. I'm not sure why it's a controversial statement to say that. Every Indy movie has always had a co-lead like Marion in Raiders movie or Sean Connery in Last Crusade.

_caleb

She's second billed. Shia LaBeouf was the co-lead of the last movie and he played the similar new generation role. I'm not sure why it's a controversial statement to say that. Every Indy movie has always had a co-lead like Marion in Raiders movie or Sean Connery in Last Crusade.
It’s not controversial, it’s speculative. Which it totally fine (especially in a SPOILERS thread!), I just wasn’t sure why you would expect to see more of her in the initial trailer based on the limited info that’s been available.

Movielover

One line at the end of the trailer technically counts as talking, I suppose, so you're right there although I still wouldn't say that counts.

Shia LaBeouf was the co-lead of the last movie and he played the similar new generation role.

In both Crystal Skull trailers Shia only had 1 or 2 lines. It's almost as if editing down a 2 hour+ movie into a 1-minute sizzle reel means you cut stuff out...

jeangreyforever

In both Crystal Skull trailers Shia only had 1 or 2 lines. It's almost as if editing down a 2 hour+ movie into a 1-minute sizzle reel means you cut stuff out...
A lot of people were unhappy with his casting as well when it was first announced. And considering recent revelations about him, I'm inclined to agree. I was never a fan.

CaptainMickey

John Williams was conducting in Milan Italy yesterday and he talks a little about the upcoming Indiana Jones 5 movie. He says Disney is shooting and recording a new ending for the movie in a few weeks. The Indiana Jones part is 5:00 minutes into the video. He is a very cool dude.

Wendy Pleakley

Speculation and rumour is that Indy was going to die and they're going to change it.

Ending a series with the lead's death has been a bit of a trend, but I don't see why they would do that with Indy. Tony Stark died saving the world. Wolverine died to save the next generation of mutants. Luke Skywalker died to salvage a Resistance.

What equivalent would they have for Indy?

Ending it with him returning home to Marion would be the obvious and crowd pleasing choice.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Speculation and rumour is that Indy was going to die and they're going to change it.

Ending a series with the lead's death has been a bit of a trend, but I don't see why they would do that with Indy. Tony Stark died saving the world. Wolverine died to save the next generation of mutants. Luke Skywalker died to salvage a Resistance.

Ending it with him returning home to Marion would be the obvious and crowd pleasing choice.
And handing his whip over to Sam Wilson.

_caleb

I think they've been looking for a way to make "Indiana Jones" a mantle and have Indy on his deathbed pass the whip and fedora on to someone else.

But I agree that would not be super satisfying for me as a fan. The most satisfying for me would be that he literally ride off into the sunset.
ubaavluirer61.jpg

GimpYancIent

I think they've been looking for a way to make "Indiana Jones" a mantle and have Indy on his deathbed pass the whip and fedora on to someone else.

But I agree that would not be super satisfying for me as a fan. The most satisfying for me would be that he literally ride off into the sunset.
View attachment 685863
Harrison Ford once stated: Quote "2019 interview with the "Today" Show. "Nobody is gonna be Indiana Jones," he said, followed by a laugh. "Don't you get it? I'm Indiana Jones. When I'm gone, he's gone. It's easy."

Wendy Pleakley

View attachment 685863

They can pass the torch if they want to without killing him off. It's not like he's going to play the role again.

I have no problem if they want to have a new character take on the hat and whip and have similar adventures. I'd prefer that over a recast as Harrison Ford is just not someone you can swap out with another actor. There's a reason he's one of the biggest stars of all time.

Not to say that Alden was bad as Solo for example, but it just wasn't the same.

_caleb

They can pass the torch if they want to without killing him off. It's not like he's going to play the role again.

I have no problem if they want to have a new character take on the hat and whip and have similar adventures. I'd prefer that over a recast as Harrison Ford is just not someone you can swap out with another actor. There's a reason he's one of the biggest stars of all time.

Not to say that Alden was bad as Solo for example, but it just wasn't the same.
I agree. I really wish they would have done more to develop a group of sidekicks around Indy that they could then spin off as a "ragtag gang of adventurers" that go on Indy-type adventures but all have different strengths and personalities.

Wendy Pleakley

I agree. I really wish they would have done more to develop a group of sidekicks around Indy that they could then spin off as a "ragtag gang of adventurers" that go on Indy-type adventures but all have different strengths and personalities.

It will be a Disney+ series about teenagers going on adventures, if Willow and National Treasure are any indication.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom