SPOILER for those who watched the EE video ONLY.

Calhoon

Original Poster
I'm not sure if this was posted in the original EE video thread. I tried to go through the hundreds of responses and didn't find anything. Anyway, is the part where you come to the broken tracks supposed to come AFTER the Yeti is seen breaking the tracks and not before? This part confused me. Is this an "early preview" glitch?

peter11435

It is supposed to be that way. In short you come to the track that is already destroyed. You then travel backwards until you come to a stop and see the shadow of the yeti destroying the track behind you. Thus you return to traveling forwards and go out the drop in the front.

wdwcrazy

You come on a set of torn up tracks before you actually see the yeti which causes you to go backwards. Then you stop going backwards, see the yeti tear up the tracks again and go fowards again.

stitchcastle

nope, it's the right sequence, the shadow effect is for another part of the tracks that sends you on a different route than where you came from

lamarvenoy

I couldn't actually see a yeti in physical form in the video, is the shadow effect the only sighting of the Yeti? I thought it was gonna reach out for you and be 50 feet high or something.

peter11435

lamarvenoy said:
I couldn't actually see a yeti in physical form in the video, is the shadow effect the only sighting of the Yeti? I thought it was gonna reach out for you and be 50 feet high or something.
Its near the end.

AliciaLuvzDizne

lamarvenoy said:
he was hard to see in the video
but he's there!

look again...try the second video near the very end at the top of the screen

splitdrums81

Yeah i did not see the Yeti in the video either, except maybe at the end but because of the quality i couldn't tell even with me pausing it to look. If anybody knows please tell us because i couldn't find the Yeti either.

Damien666

The 2nd video has a better shot of the Yeti, he is above you. But if you want a pic of the Yeti, Jose Eber posted a few shots of the ride in one of the Threads here. Go to EE Update Feature's thread and go to page 99 or 98. You will find a few pics of the Yeti.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
i just watched the 2 videos and of course with poor quality I couldn't see the amazingly fast movement of the yeti. It looked like a brown matterhorn yeti very stationary maybe an arm moving. oh well I guess riding it in person i will see more yeti detail

KYMouseFan

Did anyone see a Yeti shadow at the start anywhere?

The 2nd video appears to show the Yeti reaching for you as you exit down the hill. The 2nd video appears taken from someone further back in the train. I didn't notice it (the reaching Yeti) in the 1st which seemed to be closer to the front of the train. Still looks cool how he hops down and rips the track apart. I'm not a coaster fan but hopefully I can get the nerve to ride this. :eek:
Never rode any of the big thrill rides at WDW except for Splash Mountain, TT, and Dino.

Brent

Can anyone tell me who rode it or has a good idea. It seems to me the Yeti is hanging from the mt. from his left arm & swinging with his right. Am I right in thinking he is hanging or is he actualy standing on a platform of some sort that I couldn't see?

wdwishes2005

I just have to point out how cruel this thread is, lol, I had to click, avert my eyes, and scroll all the way down to type this. I don't want to spoil EE for me for AP previews.... WHY DO YOU TORMENT ME?!?!?.......

stitchcastle

yeah, he's hangin from the mountain, his feet could be clamped to the wall, ala Spider-Man.

KYMouseFan, Don't fear the coaster part, it seems to be the only dissapointing aspect of the ride. BTMR is scarier coaster-wise. EE shouldn't be judged as a roller coaster

ETA: no, the Y-man's hanging from a cliff

Montu

Calhoon said:
I'm not sure if this was posted in the original EE video thread. I tried to go through the hundreds of responses and didn't find anything. Anyway, is the part where you come to the broken tracks supposed to come AFTER the Yeti is seen breaking the tracks and not before? This part confused me. Is this an "early preview" glitch?

Yes, actually! The steel track was not working properly. It will be moved back so that the show scenes will be in the proper order before opening day.

Damien666

^ Stitchcastle, just to let you know BTMR does not have a 80 ft. drop straight down! Not to mention who knows how wild the backwards part is. Now even though I have only seen the video of EE, what I can see is EE is wilder then BTMR. It should be judged as a coaster in some ways.

Montu: I don't think thats a good time to use sarcasm

Brent

@ 2min 27 sec (1st video) you can see his right arm swinging up & down towards you (i just paused it to check)
^^ you'll see when you ride or watch the video why he said that compaired to BTM the 80ft drop doesn't really keep its 80ft promise.
:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom