Phroobar

iu

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So a character being naked, saying "Eat my _____" and talking about jade eggs is "perfect for families and fans of all ages".

Oh, Disney.

View attachment 816896
Mods deleted a bunch of similar posts in the main thread, so be careful on this topic. But the show is rated TV-14, and unless your definition of "family" is different from mine families come in all shapes, sizes, and age brackets. So I think the descriptor is appropriate.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
I really enjoyed like 98% of these episodes and am absolutely looking forward to what comes next.

That said, this is the description from a Disney+ press release:

So a character being naked, saying "Eat my _____" and talking about jade eggs is "perfect for families and fans of all ages".

Oh, Disney.

View attachment 816896
It's TV-14. If someone's child hears things the parents don't want them to here, then they need to set the streamer's settings so that their children can't watch it (they can block any level of ratings). They could also see it first and then let the younglings see it if they chose to. It's one of the benefits of video on demand.

Also... you don't want to point out things that were more disturbing than a 'bad word,' brief behind nudity, and a reference to a jade egg?

Anyhoo, the PR says "including Agatha All Along." There are other shows they list which are more family friendly. Like Hocus Pocus. In which a teen is constantly mocked for being a virgin. Or Nightmare before Christmas in which Santa's going to be killed.

Fun times for all ages!!

Phroobar

It's TV-14. If someone's child hears things the parents don't want them to here, then they need to set the streamer's settings so that their children can't watch it (they can block any level of ratings). They could also see it first and then let the younglings see it if they chose to. It's one of the benefits of video on demand.

Also... you don't want to point out things that were more disturbing than a 'bad word,' brief behind nudity, and a reference to a jade egg?

Anyhoo, the PR says "including Agatha All Along." There are other shows they list which are more family friendly. Like Hocus Pocus. In which a teen is constantly mocked for being a virgin. Or Nightmare before Christmas in which Santa's going to be killed.

Fun times for all ages!!
Wasn't the Monster Squad that was actively looking for a virgin? "There was this one time but that didn't count!"

erasure fan1

and unless your definition of "family" is different from mine families come in all shapes, sizes, and age brackets. So I think the descriptor is appropriate.
When the average person hears "perfect for families and fans of all ages" it should be appropriate for exactly that, ALL ages. I have no problem with the content but a ladies bare bum isn't something for my 6yr old. I wouldn't consider that all ages. I know I'm old fashion and don't think taking kindergartners to Deadpool is ok like so many on this site seem to. But all ages should mean, all ages.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
When the average person hears "perfect for families and fans of all ages" it should be appropriate for exactly that, ALL ages. I have no problem with the content but a ladies bare bum isn't something for my 6yr old. I wouldn't consider that all ages. I know I'm old fashion and don't think taking kindergartners to Deadpool is ok like so many on this site seem to. But all ages should mean, all ages.
The show is TV-14, if someone is using the Parental Controls to limit content to be "appropriate for all ages" content that you're expecting wouldn't even see the show. So anyone that is letting their 6 year old watch it outside of that is specifically their choice.

Also would you consider the PG movie Splash from the 80s to be appropriate for all ages?

sedati

I'm intrigued so far. WandaVision was phenomenal, but built slowly where we only had a sense of what it was really about several episodes in. This is a slow burn as well. But what has me really excited is how different if already feels from WandaVision. I may end up preferring WandaVision in the end or I may be in for a very pleasant surprise. Either way, I'm intrigued.

Mostly I'm in awe that both Marvel and Star Wars have both been able to do spin-offs and even spin-offs of spin-offs and somehow not feel like their constantly retreading themselves (though that seems to be what some want).

There's a difference between "more" and "again."

We keep getting "more" which doesn't always lead to "better" or even "as good" but at least we're getting variety and experimentation. Familiarity can be a comfort but also a bore. The unknown can be frustrating but also more engaging.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think the whole first episode should have been a 15min sequence… not a whole episode dedicated to that . That was a tough start that casuals probably won’t suffer well

Vegas Disney Fan

I wouldn’t let young kids watch this either, mostly because it’s spooky, but feel it is appropriately rated.

I think people need to accept that D+ requires adult supervision, it’s much closer to Netflix than something like the Disney channel where you could take for granted everything would be kid friendly.

I still don’t like the idea that something with the Disney name attached to it is not automatically kid friendly but I understand why they’ve done it from a business perspective.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Wait… we go through the drama to put ratings and content warnings on every freaking show… and now people are complaining that they shouldn’t have to read them, they should just be able to assume and that should trump directly being told otherwise???

At what point will you accept you should look in the mirror?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom