Spoiled?

Nemo14

Original Poster
We went to our local fireworks show last night, and all I could think of qwas how much better the shows at WDW are. I guess I'm officially spoiled! Anyone else ge4t that feeling?

Number_6

I've had similar thoughts with some of the shows I've seen after going to WDW, but I still enjoyed them for the most part. It's been a while since I've gotten to go out to a fireworks show, though. We might be going to the ones in Providence.

gnuts0306

Thats how I feel just about everywhere we go lol...I remember when we went for the first time when I was a kid, and then came home and went to the zoo.....it was like ugh, this stinks lol......I think my 6 yr old daughter is getting to be the same way....one more reason to make sure we go to Disney every year lol

acishere

Its been a few years since my last Disney trip, but I never felt it spoiled me from enjoying other 4th of July shows. Then again I've been going to the shows in NYC and Red Bank that have the budget that is equal (or more) to what Disney spends. Though the crowds are definitely much more obnoxious than the ones at Disney.

a2grafix

A few years back after visiting Walt Disney World and Disneyland - in different years - viewed July 4 fireworks from the city. Although the city's fireworks display was impressive, the city can't touch what Disney does night in and night out.

Even cooler, it was fun to see exclusive fireworks / one of a kind new fireworks shapes finally on display at the city's fireworks display. The exclusive fireworks I am talking about are the Halloween happy face firework or fireworks shaped like a star or the sprinkler-effect firework. My local baseball team finally got the sprinkler effect firework contraption. It's good, but not as good as Disney and themed to music; plus it's over-clocked and sprays a wicked amount of low fireworks.

Tooning

I said that the last time we went a few years ago to our local fireworks. Just can't go anymore can't help but to compare to Disney and disney wins lol.

rkelly42

With Disney putting on fireworks displays nightly for so long, they have perfected it, so it is hard to compare a local towns fireworks to that of WDW. I too have seen many local fireworks displays and they pale in comparison to anything you would see from disney.

AEfx

I said that the last time we went a few years ago to our local fireworks. Just can't go anymore can't help but to compare to Disney and disney wins lol.

Haha same here. People getting so excited for local fireworks this weekend - yeah, I wanna go deal with crowds, sit and wait two hours (at least, to get a decent spot) to watch some lame local fireworks that don't even have music, much less a story or any emotional resonance.

Not. ;)

So yeah, it's totally spoiled me as well. I can't be bothered to go to the local fireworks anymore - I think my view on them is "quaint, at best".

cymbaldiva

Burn ban here due to drought conditions so no fireworks at all - ya'll should try to enjoy what you have; things could be worse.

puntagordabob

Yeppers....which is why we skip our local fireworks.... really tempted to drive over to WDW Monday.....but we have a cookout planned and I think my DW would shoot me up like a firework if I "disappeared" early lol

jlevis

The fireworks at Greenfield Village here in Dearborn are accompanied by the Detroit Symphony. The finale is the 1812 Overture complete with live cannon fire. Good stuff, folks.

acishere

The fireworks at Greenfield Village here in Dearborn are accompanied by the Detroit Symphony. The finale is the 1812 Overture complete with live cannon fire. Good stuff, folks.

I went to my local fireworks for the 1st time in a few years and they had a live band cover classic rock songs throughout the show. It really made a difference in a display that is definitely not a show that can match the visual standards of Wishes or Illuminations to add some lively Bruce Springsteen music. Then again it was such a perfect night to spend out on the beach its hard to not be disappointed.

me_stitch

Premium Member
my kids were whining about wanting to go to a fireworks show an hour from our house and I told them they'll have all the firework shows they can handle in less than three months.

ChristianG

I'm literally bored to death whenever I watch a non-disney firework show now. The even better part is I try to time the fireworks to some Disney soundtracks in my head. It's gotten that bad...

lilclerk

Yes! I used to go see the fireworks in Bristol, RI every year, but after last year we decided it just wasn't worth the trip. Nothing local can top Illuminations.

Nemo14

Original Poster
Yes! I used to go see the fireworks in Bristol, RI every year, but after last year we decided it just wasn't worth the trip. Nothing local can top Illuminations.

We watch the Bristol ones from the other side of the bay! :lol:

We'd love to see the Boston ones someday, but for now we'll stick to watching them on TV. :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom