Spoiled?

HouCuseChickie

Soooooo funny that you bring this up. DH and I have been trying to figure out where to watch fireworks this year since the TX drought has put a real damper on things. It looks like we're going to a show down in Galveston and I'm fearing it's just going to be fireworks :eek: I keep suggesting we stay in town and see either the city's big choreographed show or the other show where the Houston Symphony handles the musical portion. i.e. just so I have fireworks and good music sort of choreographed or at least timed together. I think I'm going to lose this battle and have to keep reminding myself that I'll be at WDW next month.

What's really funny- last year it bugged me so much that I put together a patriotic music set on my ipod and tried to convince our friends to let me "choreograph" their backyard fireworks show to my music. :lol:

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
If watching the Macy's fireworks here in the city involved any more than me walking up to the roof of my building, I wouldn't even bother with them.

They're good, but once you've seen a show at a Disney park, nothing compares.

Walt Disney1955

I agree here. I was in King's Island the other day and they had the 4th of July weekend fireworks at 10pm. It was really wonderful for sure, I won't complain. We were at the top of the Eiffel Tower replica for those familiar with that park. It was neat seeing them at eye level. There was also this grand finale at the end that was very impressive. Alas, my brother in-law and I both agreed that while the quantity beats Disney's fireworks, the QUALITY doesn't. When you have fireworks that go hand in hand with the music being played it is peerless.

Also, there were rides there that we loved. Lots of thrills and a couple of dark rides as well. That being said, we still believed that it can't beat Disney. There was a Haunted House there and it was nice but it made you appreciate the Haunted Mansion at WDW even more. Perhaps that is a good thing too.

But don't get me wrong, King's Island is a great way to spend a day, it just can't captivate you the way Disney can, and does

Thomas morrow

I have not been spoiled I never really liked fireworks especially when some wonderfull neighboor thinks it is cool to set them off at 1 am. The local ones seem all the same everyone going oooh ahhh. But at Disney I love them, its an all together different experience. Wishes is also very special to me and my wife. Nothing local can compare to Wishes or better yet Hallowishes. We usually go in september and see each show once in the park and once each from the beach at the polynesian it is a great view.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom