Splitting meals question

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
Hi there,

My mom is going to come into the park with us for one day. She is staying off site. We will be on the dining plan but she won't be. Can she and I split an entree? She eats like a bird and there is no way she can finish a full meal and with where we are going, there is no sense in her paying so much for a meal she will eat half of. Is this allowed? I was thinking that we would both get a salad to start and then split an entree. Is that allowed sine we are on the dining plan? My DH will also be ordering for himself too.

Thank you!

PS - Is Le Cell a signature all the time now? Or just for dinner?

disneygirl76

Original Poster
So for like lunch - she orders the soup and i order the steak and we can share at the table but we just don't say we are "splitting". So her bill should just be the soup. She can say she is getting it for her meal?

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Most waiters and waitresses are pretty understand about people sharing. :)

I've never had a problem and have done it more than once. :)

Excellent! Thank you! I think she can order the soup and then I can have some and she can have some of my meal. She eats so little anyway. :) Thanks!

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
So for like lunch - she orders the soup and i order the steak and we can share at the table but we just don't say we are "splitting". So her bill should just be the soup. She can say she is getting it for her meal?
Exactly. Most places are fine with sharing but you never know when you are dealing with the DP.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I don't see that there would be a problem with it if she orders something too even if it is a salad or soup. Especially if you will be paying out of pocket for that. I think a problem might occur if you were using dining credits just for her.

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I don't see that there would be a problem with it if she orders something too even if it is a salad or soup. Especially if you will be paying out of pocket for that. I think a problem might occur if you were using dining credits just for her.

Okay, thanks. No, no dining credits will be used for her. Just my DH and I. Anything she orders will be out of pocket.

disneygirl76

Original Poster
@disneygirl76

Le cellier is 2 credits all the time. We are going to do it for dinner again in November. It was my dads only request for the trip. I have only every had it as 1 credit.

thank you for confirming. UGH! Not sure what I am going to do. My mom doesn't really care but I would like to have her experience it. I might have to rework it or pay for something else out of pocket which I really don't want to do. Thanks again!

HouCuseChickie

We've also shared and plan to share for several of our meals this trip. Mind you - this next example was kid related, but before our younger one turned 3, a waitress at Cali Grill actually encouraged my kids to share since they felt that a single serving was more than enough food for 2.

disneygirl76

Original Poster
We've also shared and plan to share for several of our meals this trip. Mind you - this next example was kid related, but before our younger one turned 3, a waitress at Cali Grill actually encouraged my kids to share since they felt that a single serving was more than enough food for 2.

That was nice of her to do that!! I was thinking of splitting meals - get more CS meals if the DH and I could split. But with TS, I didn't know if they would allow it at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom