Splitting meals on DDP

H20Babie

Original Poster
Ok, please, please, please don't flame me, because all I want is a yes or no answer if Disney allows this. I am not a rule breaker by nature, and will respect Disney's policy, whatever it is.

Here's the scenario: I have a friend who, due to a year from H-E-double hockey sticks, may just hop on a plane, come down with me and let the magic take her away. However, she cannot be put on the DDP with me as she will be coming down a day or two later than me. Money is an issue for her (I'm in the room by myself so no extra charges there).

So the question is, can she order an appetizer and I the entree, and ask for an extra plate? The portions are more than I can handle so at least food won't be going to waste. Anyone know Disney's policy on this?

Thanks.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yes you can. The only issue you might have is if the restaurant has a sharing charge. I have yet to encounter a place at WDW that has a sharing charge but I have not dined everywhere as of yet.

slappy magoo

I don't know, but in case the answer is no (or is no on a case by case basis, depending in restaurant management), I'd bet plate sharing wouldn't be as big a factor if your friend ordered SOMETHING, even just the appetizer or the dessert and a coke. Not as cheap as free, but better than paying for a full meal she can't afford.

This probably goes without saying, but the answer would almost-definitely be NO at buffets or all-u-can-eat restaurants like ohana or liberty tree

Another thought: could you upgrade to the deluxe dining plan? It's 30+ dollars a day more, but you get three meals (table service or counter service, your choice every time) and 2 snacks a day. Maybe you can consider it a loan for your friend. And since your friend is coming down later, you might not even go hungry. Play your cards right - use 1 snack each for breakfast or lunch, the other meal you split (with maybe your friend ordering the appetizer if necessary) and for dinner, each use a credit for a big buffet. Not the the healthiest diet, but probably won't kill you for one vacation. If you can then compensate with a trip to a market, pick up some fruit, cereal & milk & sandwich stuff, everyone might eat just fine.

Could your friend afford 31 dollars a day for food @ WDW? Or can you afford to help out that way? No need to answer, that's all of your beeswax & none of mine. Just a suggestion...

Rob562

I would also suggest adding a few extra dollars to the tip, especially if they do something above-and-beyond, like splitting the meal onto two plates before they even bring it out to you...

-Rob

H20Babie

Original Poster
Thanks guys, that is exactly what I had in mind (she ordering the appetizer).

We'll see what happens, if she comes. I just wanted to prepared if she does :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom