Splitting Epcot in half

Texas84

Epcot is a 2-day park for me. We're talking hypotheticals. If they could expand both with major funding, sure they could make it two separate parks. Instead of just blindy saying no, why not? Could be a fun discussion.

hellowonderland

No, Epcot's a half day park as it is.
Oh my Gosh, I couldn't disagree more! :)

My husband and I plan to spend at least 4-5 full days in Epcot on our Disneymoon. We love just slowly wandering around World Showcase and exploring the countries. Future World isn't what it used to be, but still... Epcot is still - and I think will always be - my favourite park.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
In fact, if Disney wants an ROI, I'd credit EPCOT for the reason why I'm a Disneyphile today, and wish to share it with my daughter annually. They've made tens of thousands of dollars off me alone over the various trips. When a theme park is fun, that's only part of the equation. When it's fun AND teaches life lessons that stay with a person forever, then it's a step above the rest. My kid won't remember much about Universal and it's expensively cheap thrills in 10 years, but she will always remember Spaceship Earth (and still does every trip, it's her favorite ride in Futureworld, and mine too).

She wasn't upset that Test Track was closed, but remembered the boats at Living with the Land, and begged to do them when she saw them after we exited Sourin'.

Anyhow...it's my own experience, and I know others are different, but I'd like to see EPCOT get treated the way it deserves.

Expensively cheap???

The Empress Lilly

No. FW and WS are intimately tied together. WS is the link through which EPCOT the city became envisaged as EPCOT Theme Center, the permanent world fair.

FW is not about the future, it is about mankind. The way WS is not about travel, but also about mankind.
FW and WS belong together. EPCOT is not about technology, it is about humanity. Indeed the very crown of WS is SSE, which is about communication, about people getting together, linked together on the same spaceship Earth. And FW is not complete without WS, without which it would be a soulless technology exhibit.

The city wasn't build. But there was prototype community: mankind itself, the very experimental community, which is represented in WS and whose themes are explored in FW.

scoobygirl39541

Oh my Gosh, I couldn't disagree more! :)

My husband and I plan to spend at least 4-5 full days in Epcot on our Disneymoon. We love just slowly wandering around World Showcase and exploring the countries. Future World isn't what it used to be, but still... Epcot is still - and I think will always be - my favourite park.

O_O oh my gosh 4-5 days just at Epcot?? I can't even spend 4-5 hours there! Haha oh well, difference in opinion :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
SSE- 15 minutes plus queue
Ellen- 45 minuets plus queue
Space - 30 minutes plus queue and postshow
Test Track - 45 minutes with queue
Imagination - 1hour + whole pavilion
Land - 1 hour +
Seas 1 hour +
Innoventions - 1 hour +

And that's just FW with no meals.

The Empress Lilly

I need a full day for The Land.
amour4.gif

And a full day for SSE - 15 minutes to ride, twice, the rest of the day to recover from the magnificence of the experience.
amour4.gif

The rest of FW, I mostly walk around a bit lost, stopping every twenty feet or so to shake my fist at the skies and yell 'why, God, why'.

bdearl41

I am gonna have to go with no here. I think its really nice the way it is. Its really what makes EPCOT my favorite park.

jato4x4

It takes a half day just to get thru SSE and eating a sandwich at The Land after my glorious Boat Ride. Would definatley have to vote NO to splitting the best park at the world. Granted FW could use some updating, but its still the best park on property. If they'd add Tower of Terror Id probably never visit any other park, lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom