Split Stay

MotherofaPrincessLover

Original Poster
Looks like my next trip is going to be a split stay. Can I book all of my dining reservations at once at the 180 day mark or am I going to have to do it at the 180 day mark for both reservations?

Weather_Lady

One way around the split dining windows (if you were really desperate) would be to book a third ["dummy"] room reservation -- one that covers your entire length of stay. That would allow you to make ADRs for the whole stay at the 180-day mark. Then you would cancel the dummy reservation a few days later, after you were well within the 180-day booking windows for both parts of your split stay.

Weather_Lady

Sneaky, I like it :)

Perhaps I'm just rationalizing, but so long as the "dummy" reservation honestly reflects the guest's consecutive resort stay dates, this practice really just helps split stay guests get what they were promised and entitled to in the first place, but which Disney's reservations systems weren't programmed to handle -- a 180-day ADR window that extends for the length of their onsite stay (up to 10 days).

Last edited:

Dave B

I agree, just have to have the extra $200 for the deposit, I like the way you think

What's your take on the parent switch pass? And how to utilize it?

I thought you could book for 10 days at a time??? Ive done split stays and have always been able to book the entire trip starting on the 180 day from the beginning of my trip

joejccva71

I'm just curious, what resorts are you planning on doing your split stay. I had thought about doing a split stay and was going to do:

5 nights Beach Club
4 nights Grand Floridian

on an 9 night/10 day trip.

But I thought about the hassle of packing up all our stuff and wasn't sure if the resorts would transport our luggage for us to the other resort. Bah. I ended up changing my mind and just going with 9 nights at BC to relieve the hassle. We were just going to do MK and Epcot toward the end of our trip so I figured transferring to the Grand Flo would be better.

Im sure that Disney would help you get the bags transferred, probably would take most of the day but if your checking into the resort and headed to the park it wont matter.
My split stay is at VGF and Villas Poly (not sure if you were asking me lol)

Weather_Lady

Yes, @joejccva71, for future reference, Bell Services will transfer your luggage between Disney resorts. Our upcoming stay is a split one (3 nights in a DVC studio at BC, followed by 2 nights in a studio at the Polynesian). We happen to pack light and don't spread our stuff around the room (our unpacking routine is as simple as unzipping packing cubes and placing them in drawers), so moving is not much of an inconvenience for us -- or rather, any inconvenience in packing up is more than accounted-for by the convenience of close proximity to the parks we're visiting during each part of the split stay (HS, Epcot and AK while at Beach Club, and MK and Epcot while at the Polynesian). We'll give our bags to Bell Services when we check out the Beach Club and head to the parks at 7am, and although transfer can take a few hours, our bags should be waiting for us at the Polynesian when we finish up in the parks and arrive to check in after 4pm (9 or more hours later). It won't cost us anything other than the expected tip when Bell Services delivers the bags to us at the Polynesian.

Last edited:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Im sure that Disney would help you get the bags transferred, probably would take most of the day but if your checking into the resort and headed to the park it wont matter.
My split stay is at VGF and Villas Poly (not sure if you were asking me lol)
Disney will transfer you luggage from one resort to the other. The biggest con to that is you can not access it for about 4-6 hours in the middle of the day.

MotherofaPrincessLover

Original Poster
No more split stay for me. We're now doing the entire 10 days at a Poly Villa. The Beach Club would have been much more convenient for the race course but now we don't have to worry about moving.

At your 180 you can book for 10 days correct ? So why wouldn't you be able to book all your ADRs at the 180 days? Im asking bc I have a 3 way split stay coming up in Sept Dolphin/VGF/PolyV

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
At your 180 you can book for 10 days correct ? So why wouldn't you be able to book all your ADRs at the 180 days? Im asking bc I have a 3 way split stay coming up in Sept Dolphin/VGF/PolyV
Because the system does not recognize multiple back to back stays as one continuous trip.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
so what if you were staying onsite first then moved off site would it not let you book for your time offsite? How does it work for ppl who stay offsite and need to book ADrs
You can book ADRs up to, but not exceeding your resort stay 180 days prior to check in.

If you have a 3 day stay at a Disney resort, followed by 3 days off property followed by 5 days at a Disney resort you would have to book dining in the following way...

At 180 days from the check in of your first reservation you could book 3 days worth of dining.

For your 3 days off property you would have to book ADRs 180 days out from each of your 3 days.

For your third and final resort stay you could book up to 5 days worth of dining 180 days prior to your third reservation date.

Clear as mud?;)

You can book ADRs up to, but not exceeding your resort stay 180 days prior to check in.

If you have a 3 day stay at a Disney resort, followed by 3 days off property followed by 5 days at a Disney resort you would have to book dining in the following way...

At 180 days from the check in of your first reservation you could book 3 days worth of dining.

For your 3 days off property you would have to book ADRs 180 days out from each of your 3 days.

For your third and final resort stay you could book up to 5 days worth of dining 180 days prior to your third reservation date.

Clear as mud?;)
Gotcha! Clear as mud!! lol

slappy magoo

I don't know if this is only a perk for DVC or if anyone can do this through 407WDWDINE, but we've got a split stay coming up. At 180 days I went online to do all the reservations I could do myself, then called up DVC and they did some kind of patch to connect my reservations just long enough to let me make more reservations with the assistance of a DVC cast member (as opposed to online on my own).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom