Splashless Mountain?

got2lovedisney

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I thought the refurb wasn't scheduled til January but this was the scene on Sunday, December 15th. I've never seen this ride dry unless it was during a refurb. Any thoughts?
20131215_150935_resized.jpg

BuddyThomas

Splash was operational yesterday. We didn't ride it because it was too cold for us to get wet.

Like other posters, we have seen it without water in the morning and working later in the day.
I need to change the time of year that I go. "too cold for us to get wet" is never a phrase I've heard used for WDW. I would love that. More fun than sweating to death.
;)

Rob562

They should run it like that in the winter! Then people stay dry lol.

The water cascading down the drop isn't what gets you wet. What gets you wet is the water flowing in the trough that you roll down into, which is fed separately from the drop water.

The water flow on the drop is purely cosmetic and at most would be a heavy mist where you'd hit any drops that happen to be airborne as you roll through it.

-Rob

mergatroid

Saw it like that in October just gone one day. Apparently they were hoping to be open again in just a few hours later that day according to a cm at the entrance.

graphite1326

I've seen it that way in the morning myself. The water is just for show. You will also notice that there is a spray that comes up when a log drops and cascades onto the bridge where people are watching. It doesn't happen every time but I beleive every third time. This is also for show.

wyolars

Happens. Water can be dumped, partly dried, and refilled.

Remember the final climb and drop are on a track system. The water here is just for show.
So is the log attached to the track during the fall.

I mean is it tethered down or actually free falling

Last edited:

lunchbox1175

Should have seen it when it was totally empty of water and they were painting everything, one of the few times I could actually tell what was going on with a refurb.

Rob562

So is the log attached to the track during the fall.

I mean is it tethered down or actually free falling

It's free-rolling down the hill on wheels that roll on a flat metal track and guided laterally by side wheels that roll against the side walls of the trough.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom