Splash vs Ripsaw Falls

markymark

Yeah they are similar, but I dont really know what you could do to make one version of a log flume ride so very different to another!!!

The main difference I can see is the fact that there is no way you can come away from Ripsaw Falls dry!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
LOL - similar in that they are both flume rides. But to me, Splash is far superior to ripsaw. For starters, I feel very very unsafe on Ripsaw, the ride system seems very flaky, and the vehicles do not seam as solid as Splash.

Secondly, Ripsaw has close to no storyline or theming. It looks like they forgot to finish half of the interior.

For me, Ripsaw has a fun drop, but thats about it. If I were Universal I would be embarrased to open a flume ride of that low quality, when it will be compared to Splash a few miles along the road.

woofboy111

Well, splash mt. doesn't have that great of a story either, but it is better than Dudley Doright. But if you ride Ripsaw Falls, you'll notice that it has the same drops, as Splash Mountain.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Splash has a great story in my opinion :)

How do you mean Ripsaw has the same drops as Splash?
The Splash drops are very controlled and smooth. The Ripsaw drops are sharp, rough, and feel totally unsafe to me.

woofboy111

Yeah, but if you haven't seen the movie, you won't understand some of it. I haven't seen the movie and it took me a while to figure out the story. The Ripsaw falls story is a lot worse though, it takes a lot longer to figure out the story of this ride.

With the drops, I realize that Ripsaw falls is a lot rougher than Splash Mountain, but the ride starts out with a small drop. Next comes a drop in a train tunnel, and you go down and back up, just like the laughing place drop on splash mountain. Then you drop one more time, and go up to the big drop. With the big drop, it does feel like you'll fall out sometimes (esically if you are holding on, not with your hands up...its weird), but it's a lot steeper, and I do agree that Splash mountain has better cars.

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by wdwmagic
. If I were Universal I would be embarrased to open a flume ride of that low quality, when it will be compared to Splash a few miles along the road. [/B]

LOL Steve if u were Universal you would of made it a whole lot better! :)

wdwrules

i think the drop on ripsaw falls is alot steeper which i like, but the theming of splash mountain is a lot better. you also get soaked alot more on ripsaw falls. ive been on ripsaw falls a couple of times though and seen kids come off crying though and have never seen that at splash mountain.

woofboy111

Originally posted by wdwrules
ive been on ripsaw falls a couple of times though and seen kids come off crying though and have never seen that at splash mountain.

Actually, i've seen some adults come off of splash mountain crying, but no kids. Ripsaw falls does have a bigger ans steeper drop. I think going 15 feet underground adds to this.

Fantasmic

There is no doubt about it that Splash is the BEST themed log flume ride in the world....
Do right's drop starts off at 45 degrees but the changes to 50 degrees, this is one reason that you get a feeling of "danger" another reason is the way they use the "classic" log flume seating arrangment,(as opposed to splash's side by side arrangment) this makes everything seem a lot less sturdy....

As for the story line, Do Right's was incompleate, with a lack of AA's and was just LAME ! whereas Splash's is fluent, moves with the ride and is choc-ful of AA's !!!!!

just my 2 cents

Beauty and the

I rode Dudleys ride for the first time a couple of weeks ago and have to agree that although the final drop is steeper the overall effect of Splash Mountain is much better, the attention to detail is fantastic and Imo is what makes disney stand out from the rest. The line of washing on Splash mountain makes me laugh every time I see it.:)

woofboy111

Originally posted by Beauty and the
I rode Dudleys ride for the first time a couple of weeks ago and have to agree that although the final drop is steeper the overall effect of Splash Mountain is much better, the attention to detail is fantastic and Imo is what makes disney stand out from the rest. The line of washing on Splash mountain makes me laugh every time I see it.:)

I may be forgetting something, but what's the line of washing?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom