Splash & Space Mountain questions

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Anyone know why the Space Cabs and floating logs of Splash & Space mountain are the opposite of Land's version?

Meaning for Land's Splash is a single bench and Space is 2 seats. And for World's is Single seat for space and 2 seat for Splash's Logs? Would they be able to use 2 seat versions on all of them?

Also one other question The music within space mountain I know the first 2 areas from the entrance to the star wall plays 2 different versions of "Promising Tommorow's" But I'm hoping someone would know where I can find the music that's used just as the que line zig zags and you can see the little models in the dark...It has a low sounding ambience..Where would I be able to find it? I bet you your all gonna say Disney-Central..hehe

brertigger

Cmdr_Crimson said:
Would they be able to use 2 seat versions on all of them?

No. At Disneyland's Splash, they recently stretched the log so two SMALL people can sit in the back, but this small adjustment caused major problems, like the log jumping the track and getting stuck. The waterway at Disneyland is too narrow for the two seat rows, although I think it would be nice if went to the 2 seat rows.

ucf disneyfan

It all has to do with hourly ride capacity. DL's Splash was built first. It was built like a typical log flume ride where you straddle the person in front of you. Because it was so popular they designed the bigger boats for WDW and TDL for a higher hourly capacity. With Space the one at WDW was built first. When they decided to build one in DL they knew they wouldn't be able to build a building as large as the one in florida. So they built a smaller building with only one track instead of two. To keep the hourly capacity the same they needed to double the amount of people in a rocket.

Hope this answers your question.

NTI2002

as for (ahem) "obtaining" the space mountain music, I've found quite a few disney park songs using Limewire. including the space mountain music you're looking for. as a matter of fact, it's on my iPod now along with the monorail speil (which makes my daily subway ride much much more pleasant:p )

ducati748_4life

ucf disneyfan said:
It all has to do with hourly ride capacity. DL's Splash was built first. It was built like a typical log flume ride where you straddle the person in front of you. Because it was so popular they designed the bigger boats for WDW and TDL for a higher hourly capacity. With Space the one at WDW was built first. When they decided to build one in DL they knew they wouldn't be able to build a building as large as the one in florida. So they built a smaller building with only one track instead of two. To keep the hourly capacity the same they needed to double the amount of people in a rocket.

i completely agree with that although the lines are still twice as long at WDW. I do know when I went to DL in Anaheim I went on splash mountain and space mountain at 9 PM and was able to ride them both 3 times in 30 mins. IN WDW its always crowded unless you go during fireworks. which i dont see why you would wanna miss that!

Rob562

ucf disneyfan said:

Also you can add in a couple more points:

-WDW's Space Mountain originally had in-line bench seating very similar to Disneyland's Matterhorn. (Which makes sense, as WDW's Space Mtn was basically designed to be a Matterhorn entirely inside). But because they never sat strangers together in each others' laps, and often the more "macho" guys travelling together wouldn't want to share bench seats, the capacity was down from its' theoretical numbers. So during a refurb at some point in the late 80's/early 90's, they replaced all the trains with the individual seats we have now. And though the individual train capacity dropped from 8 to 6, more trains were going out full, thereby increasing the total numbers the attraction handled.

-WDW's side-by-side Splash logs were also partially designed as a test concept for the eventual version in Tokyo. They were concerned about Japanese women wearing traditional dresses to the park, they didn't think a bench seat like Disneyland's would work with them. And I may be wrong, but there may also be something cultural about the physical contact of one person sitting in the other's lap... But you can correct me on that last part if I am wrong.

-Rob

Pongo

I love WDW's Space Mountain seating configuration. It makes the ride a lot more fun and "peson;a", I guess, when you don't have another person sitting sext to you.

shamu4452608

I Want To See Too Seat On Space Mountain In Florida I Just Dint Like The I Seats My Legs Are Have Way Out The Cars Are Too Small For Me So That Why I Dont Ride It

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
shamu4452608 said:
I Want To See Too Seat On Space Mountain In Florida I Just Dint Like The I Seats My Legs Are Have Way Out The Cars Are Too Small For Me So That Why I Dont Ride It
Hey Shamu, welcome to the boards.

I have no idea what you just said.:lol:

Please take caps lock OFF, and try to use some punctuation (just for the sake of clarity.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom