Splash Mt. Down 10/19-?

WeekendGM

Original Poster
Splash Mt was not operating yesterday and has not opened today. The flume was completely drained with logs still out on the flume. Anyone have any reasons why?

RSoxNo1

Any updates?

Edit: Per Touring Plans, it looks like it was down all morning and just re-opened. It has a 65 minute wait.

copcarguyp71

We were there Oct 10-17 and it was down a majority of the time then a s well. We finally got to ride the morning of our departure but it was very glitchy. In talking to a cast member who was working at the Frontierland train station she said there are a ton of issues with the lap bars and when they do a "hard reset" of the ride it takes an hour and a half to get it up and running again. Not sure if that is why it is closed currently but that was the info I got earlier in the week. We took advantage of the bounceback offer for next september so we are looking forward to a renewed Splash, renewed Test Track and Fully open FLE then!!!!

wiigirl

Yes, it was broken.
:(
75.gif

Tip Top Club

It was closed all day on the 19th, but opened up late afternoon on the 20th. These little things happen when you don't rehab a ride as often as you should...

cba

There's a refurb from January to March, where I hope WDI fixes this problem. The last time I went to Magic Kingdom I heard a guy say that it was broken, and when I looked up at the drop, I saw nobody. After a few minutes it was the same. It seems Splash Mountain breaks down too much.

Polydweller

It was closed all day on the 19th, but opened up late afternoon on the 20th. These little things happen when you don't rehab a ride as often as you should...
Except they really couldn't refurb it when the normally would. It usually has a month long refurb every year but this time they had BTMRR down for a lengthy refurb and couldn't have both down at the same time. And yes that has led to more breakdowns. That shoud be taken care of in the 2013 lengthy refurb.

ImagineerDude

I was there on the 18th and it worked from 4pm to 12am during the party, don't know about before... we rode it twice...it was a walk-on both times.

scpergj

We were there, just walking past on the way to Big Thunder when it went down on Friday (don't know when or if it restarted after about 2 PM - that's when we left), then when we got to the Magic Kingdom at open on Saturday it was down and all water was drained out of the externally visable areas. We leaft around noon, so I don't know when or if it restarted.

Bairstow

Rode it around 9:30 on Friday and it stopped for about 7 minutes as we approached the big lift. After we did Thunder twice it was stopped and dry and stayed that way until 11 that night.

No tarps anywhere.

Was there today around 5 and it was running just fine.

PSUMike

My family and I were at MK on Friday the 19th. We were walking up to ride Splash at about 10:00 and saw that the ride was closed. An older lady was coming off the ride and my wife and I were just getting ready to leave. She said that one of the rocks on the ride had broken loose near the final hill and had grazed her and her husband. They weren't injured but the ride was down for the rest of the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom