splash mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky

you know it is possible the poster was being sincere. Splash Mountain will be closed in January for rehab beginning Jan 2, 2007. I suspect that is what served as the information which led him to ask that question. Something most likely got garbled in the translation.
Thanks, Prof Ecks! This was the obvious explanation, but for some reason it took 26 replies to get to it, with several of them even expressing anger or contempt for the OP.

radiohost

Simply Put.....Disney would not spend millions of dollars to build a ride that would be torn down less than 20 years later, and with it being one of the top 3 attractions at the Magic Kingdom!!!:cool:

iheartdisney91

Yes this is not rumor.This is fact.Upper mgt for WDW has decided to gut out the attraction but leave the structure with a massive refurb to make it a wonderful new shop-called MERCHANDISE MOUNTAIN.

um.....no! they would never remove splash mountain, they wouldnt take one of the best, original rides out just to make or referb a gift shop! :hammer: i dont believe this for a sec!:mad: :zipit: omg why did i even click this post, why did i get involved?! i know its not true so i dont give a care.......

CoffeeJedi

They would never do that! What's next, you're going to tell us that they'd bulldoze 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea? wait, ok... nevermind...
But how about Mr. Toad! They'd- what? Aw shoot.
Horizons and World of Motion! They'd never tear down those 2 classics! ummm, dang

Is ANYTHING sacred?
Pirates, Haunted Mansion, and Small World are probably the only attractions that will never be gone. Some day, this could sadly be a very real discusion. :(

wedway71

um.....no! they would never remove splash mountain, they wouldnt take one of the best, original rides out just to make or referb a gift shop! :hammer: i dont believe this for a sec!:mad: :zipit: omg why did i even click this post, why did i get involved?! i know its not true so i dont give a care.......

Um I was being sarcastic.:lol: Yes there is a huge plan to take down one of the worlds best attractions and make it a mountain of merchandise.

wedway71

your confusing me :hammer: ok so ur jk ok lol i didnt know lol sry fer the inconviniance

Lol-Yes I was jk.Some feel WDW is expanding too much on the Stores and places to eat and less on the entertainment and attractions so I made that silly little joke.:wave:

Magicmyway

As much crazy as that is and with the fact they wont do it thank goodness, they did rip out Mr. Toad...and that still has people mad so I highly doubt they'd do it.

scottnj1966

Yes this is not rumor.This is fact.Upper mgt for WDW has decided to gut out the attraction but leave the structure with a massive refurb to make it a wonderful new shop-called MERCHANDISE MOUNTAIN.

You sure? I heard it was gonna be potter mountain.

goofyfan13

I thought it was funny......:lol: .....I worked at Big Thunder MR this past spring and summer in the CP wearing a cowboy outfit, and you think I didnt hear this joke more than once????!!!:cool:

I too thought it was funny, just didn't want to add any fuel to a possible fire that may arise. :lol:

I probably should have used this smilie too :lookaroun

JimboJones123

They would never do that! What's next, you're going to tell us that they'd bulldoze 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea? wait, ok... nevermind...
But how about Mr. Toad! They'd- what? Aw shoot.
Horizons and World of Motion! They'd never tear down those 2 classics! ummm, dang

Is ANYTHING sacred?
Pirates, Haunted Mansion, and Small World are probably the only attractions that will never be gone. Some day, this could sadly be a very real discusion. :(

Wait til the suits find out the ride is based on the "banned" Song of the South. (still mad they put out another sucky year of WD Treasures W/O it)

This may not be a bad rumor after all....

Eyorefan

Wait til the suits find out the ride is based on the "banned" Song of the South. (still mad they put out another sucky year of WD Treasures W/O it)

This may not be a bad rumor after all....

I know, they will do a Brother Bear overlay next time they shut it down for referb.:eek:

CoffeeJedi

I can just see it now... a conversation between 2 bean counters who just don't get it......

Hmm, how can we make Splash Mountain cheaper to operate?
Those animatoony-anatomic- er, whatever you call those robot things are too expensive!
You think any of the guests even know who Brer Bunny is anymore?
I doubt it, they're too stupid to care, they just ride it for the big drop and getting wet.
Yeah, maybe we can take out the whole back portion and all the characters, just have the logs go up, then back down, less time spent on the ride and more time for buying stuff.
Oh, that would save a lot of money! But we still need to tie it in to Consumer Products somehow.....
How about cardboard cutouts from whatever DVD we're selling that month, we could swap them in n' out cheaply...
Yeah! Then sell the DVDs to the morons at the gift shop at the end!
Wow, we just saved hundreds of thousands a year.
Great, I'll make sure that we get awarded a couple of new Bentley's, let's go to the Bahamas for 2 weeks in celebration!
I'll bring the blow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom