Splash Mountain Walkthrough

clermont

Original Poster
Can somebdy please give me a walkthrough of Splash Mountain? I was scared to go on a few years ago, please go into detail.

also is that last drop very big

LewZealand

Don't be scared. Just put that rap music you listen to on your CD player at full blast, and then just kick it old school through the briar patch!

ogryn

If I remember correctly there are three drops, two small ones and one big one (you do lose your stomach, although it is over by the time you count to three in your head)

In my opinion, the doing the drop more than pays for the quality of the rest of the ride. It is one of the great Disney attractions, that you should really force yourself to do, even if you don't like drops.

Wilt Dasney

I started doing a detailed ridethrough, but I forget too much stuff. It's the best ride on property, in my opinion, with the possible exception of Haunted Mansion. The drop is one part of a wonderful, long experience, and there's really nothing to it. Ride it....again and again and again.

meatloafsfan

I am with you, when I was a teen I was too afraid to attempt to ride. Now that I am an adult (who me!...:eek: ) I think that I will try it in Feb.

From what I understand, the two small drops are easy, it's just the big one at the end that is scary.

barnum42

Instructions for those nervous about the Splash Mountain Drop:

Prior to the drop, take a firm hold of the handle in front of you.

During the drop scream your head off like a little girl.

After the drop wipe the water from your face, laugh along with everyone else in the log and say "Oh wow! I GOTTA' do that again." :D

DisJosh

I think there are actually five drops....and three lift hills. If you do a search on google or something just type in splash mountain and you can easily find some sites that offer full ride descriptions. I was going to a provide you a link to Digital Disney so you could watch the video but the site doesn't seem to be working. :(

Nemmy

Is that supposed to be a joke? Because it's not very funny.

Anyway, my advice: just hold on for dear life! If people put their hands up and don't fall off, why should someone who's holding on?

mikeymouse

4 notable drops... 2 dark drops ... 2 outside drops, i think. The first dark one is a doozy. The 2nd is cake. The first outside drop is nothing, the 2nd is the killer!

clermont

Original Poster
I just saw pics from this ride and saw that after the big drop the flumes go in a shed and it is dark in there is that another drop?

DisJosh

clermont said:
I just saw pics from this ride and saw that after the big drop the flumes go in a shed and it is dark in there is that another drop?

Nope. There aren't any drops after the big one. There is a little 2 or 3 foot drop down but it's just to get you down to the unloading area level.

pilka214

ok the ride starts and u go to the briar patch u see some of brear bears and foxes lame attempts to catch brer rabbit u go down two little drops (u do not get wet during these) then u go up a reallly big hill while some vultures mock u. and then u fall alll the way to the bottom *splash* (now u get wet) then u see a bunch of animals singing. guess wut song.............. figure it out yourself. then tada its over. yay dry land.

DERWUNDERBARE

By the way, there is a secret to stay dry - but who wants to stay dry at Splash Mountain?

Just look at the people boarding in your log.
If there are heavy people sitting in the first row, you will get wet, if there are heavy people sitting in the last row, you will stay dry, because that weight will lift the boat nose a little bit, and the final Splash won't be as worse as usual.

Piebald

cru5h said:
Would it comfort you to know that my 10 year-old step daughter loved it? :D

I've been on Splash a million times but I think seeing little kids get on (especially on the same log,rocket ship,elevator,limo,simulator whatever youre getting on) the same ride really helps out. I mean, if you're 20 and some little 6 year old is thrilled about getting on RnRc for example, and you are still apprehensive about getting on...then ... you're a wimp :p

Irene

Hi, you can always do what i do when I get to the big drop. I look at the castle then close my eyes and scream. :D :lol: :lol:

aimster

If you like roller coasters, then the big drop on Splash Mountain would be nothing. It's been my favorite Disney attraction since I first rode it at Disneyland in 1989 (on my 15th birthday no less). Was thrilled beyond belief when they opened one in Florida back in the early 90's. My only problem is I normally hate water rides (I do NOT like getting wet). But I usually brave Splash Mountain because it's just the coolest attraction. I try to sit up front and then duck under the front of the log when the big drop comes so only my back gets wet. That isn't so bad... for me at least.

imagineer boy

I rode Splash mountain a year ago for the first time, because I was too scared to go on it before. Now, once I've gone on it, its not so bad. You leave the station and go up the first lift where you go down a small two foot drop so the boat gets going, and you go around a the briar patch in a small lake where you go around and get a good view of the people going down the last drop with a big splash. You then go into the second lift in what looks like an old mill. It drops you off near the top side of the mountain and you're still outdoors, and go around the back of the mountain with great theming. Then you go into a tunnel and go down a POTC size drop into the show building where you see the Song of the South animatronics singing. YOu go through several show scenes, but you see Brer Bear's back side sticking out of a bush beside the river, then its time for the second drop. Be prepared, is slightly larger than the first one, you reach the bottom with a splash, but still at high speed, you accelerate up ( the logs are on roller coaster type tracks at the part ) a hill and splash at the top where you see more show scenes. Then the boat goes down a very small drop into dark show scenes where Brer fox has cought brer rabbit! Once you see the two evil sneering voltures above you, its time for the big one. You go up a long lift hill up to the very top of the mountain, and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! splash! Its all over, You go through more show scenes after the drop and back at the station. The tension build up to the drop is great, but fun afterwards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom