Splash Mountain suggestion...

NowInc

Original Poster
Ok..so i was watching that travel channel special on DLP last night and saw how they turned their indy ride backwards...and i got to thinking...

What if they turned the boats BACKWARDS on splash mountain?

I think that would be sooo cool!! First off..it would give you the sensation that you are 'drifting" on a log....second..the drop would totally rule!!

...anyone else share this opinion with me?

X Zoe X

Oh that would be cool! theres a ride similar to that idea at Drayton Manor park in the UK. The only thing is if you are sitting at the back you get absolultly drenched! I have learnt from experience!

NowInc

Original Poster
Originally posted by grizzlyhall
I'm sure it'd be more expensive to run than Test Track and CoP combined ;)

How so? all they would do is turn the boats backwards and re-positition the props..no extra power would be needed....

Al

Originally posted by X Zoe X
Oh that would be cool! theres a ride similar to that idea at Drayton Manor park in the UK. The only thing is if you are sitting at the back you get absolultly drenched! I have learnt from experience!

you mean that Stormforce thing?

WDWKing

Whoa Whoa Whoa! I could barely handle the forward drop with dry pants (if you know what I mean), let alone a backwards drop. I would never ride Splash Mountain again if it went backwards.

Maria

Originally posted by WDWKing
Whoa Whoa Whoa! I could barely handle the forward drop with dry pants (if you know what I mean), let alone a backwards drop. I would never ride Splash Mountain again if it went backwards.

I would!!! Specially in the summer! :lol:

KBQueenWDW

Backwards rides aren't all they seem. I've been on rollercoasters that have gone backwards and it was really boring. You lose the feeling of all the drops and you don't have the same excitement. I would rather Splash Mountain stay the way it is.

bearboysnc

quote "How so? all they would do is turn the boats backwards and re-positition the props.."

It would take a small army to "re-position the props"

They're all bolted down.

NowInc

Original Poster
Originally posted by bearboysnc
quote "How so? all they would do is turn the boats backwards and re-positition the props.."

It would take a small army to "re-position the props"

They're all bolted down.

They have done it before ;)

disneyman15

I'm Surrounded by Idiots
I think it would be very cool to go down the final hill backwards but taking the picture would be very hard to do if people were going backwards.

Nineinchnailsmk

i think a backwards drop would be great too. im trying to picture the ride as it is. would they need to completely change everything to make it "backwards?" Maelstrom runs backwards for 15 or 20 secs.

if you changed it and made it backwards, would you change the inside of the ride and make a new story? or would you keep it as it is.

SteveUK

I think the effectiveness of the ride going backwards depends on the type of ride. Rides like space mountain are just a rollercoaster and going backwards would be cool but splash mountain is made by the story, the props and the theme. Without the theming, splash mountain would be OK but nowhere near as good.

tenchu

Originally posted by SteveUK
I think the effectiveness of the ride going backwards depends on the type of ride. Rides like space mountain are just a rollercoaster and going backwards would be cool but splash mountain is made by the story, the props and the theme. Without the theming, splash mountain would be OK but nowhere near as good.

Space mountain backwards would make no difference because it's all in the dark, you cant see anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom