News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

JohnD

Brer Rabbit May not fit the Western Spitoon theme of Big Thunder Mountain (neither does Country Bears), but it fits the general era of America Frontierland is portraying. PatF? Not so much. It would honestly fit Main Street better.

I’d imagine they’re already at least considering alternative themes for Florida that Tokyo would agree with. If Tokyo doesn’t budge, they will probably just stick with PatF, and nothing else with the land will change.

Not that I agree but I think its inevitable that Splash Mountain gets rethemed away from Brer Rabbit and company from Song of the South. I won't rehash the reasons. We all know why. Which is why a retheme to PATF kills two birds with one stone in the minds of Disney brass. Now you have an IP based on a black protagonist in a positive light. You can argue the merits of the correct theme in the area but the current political winds are currently blowing for PATF.

Brer Oswald

Not that I agree but I think its inevitable that Splash Mountain gets rethemed away from Brer Rabbit and company from Song of the South. I won't rehash the reasons. We all know why. Which is why a retheme to PATF kills two birds with one stone in the minds of Disney brass. Now you have an IP based on a black protagonist in a positive light. You can argue the merits of the correct theme in the area but the current political winds are currently blowing for PATF.
I never said it wasn’t inevitable. But if they want to retheme it in Tokyo and split the R&D costs with OLC, they’re going to need a different theme. And, as you’ve stated, Disney thinks the PatF idea will fix all of the problems with SotS.

It won’t. It actually makes the whole issue with SotS so much worse. But I’ve explained that at nauseum in the other thread.

But, I suppose it’s their best course of action if they want to stop acknowledging the Brer Rabbit film, while preserving their optics.

Brer Panther

You better hope Bob Chapek is a closeted Brer Rabbit fan who’s just waiting for Iger to leave before he pulls the plug. Otherwise, it’s happening.
As a matter of fact, I am hoping that the rumors about Chapek wanting to keep Splash Mountain as is are true.

Of course, we don't know WHEN Iger will leave. I really, really, REALLY hope he doesn't extend his contract again.

_caleb

In DL, not as hard to retheme as they think. Critter Country abuts New Orleans Square. You could extend New Orleans Square around the new ride since P&TF takes place in New Orleans and the bayou. Or, because that would no longer make it a "square", just call that area the Louisiana Bayou. The transition between NSQ to Louisiana Bayou would be natural. Then just shrink Critter Country to around Pooh.

As for WDW, I'd like it to stay Splash Mountain but if it gets re-themed, they should just re-theme it and leave it at that. Splash Mountain isn't exactly themed to Frontierland either.
So, just wanted to summarize the thread?

_caleb

How was that political?
View attachment 512474
There are like a half dozen threads for debating the retheme of Splash mountain, speculating about the likelihood of Disney changing course, paying tribute to the ride, imagineering a new ride, petitioning for the rerelease of Song of the South, etc.
How was that political?
It wasn’t political. And my post was actually about this comment:
As a matter of fact, I am hoping that the rumors about Chapek wanting to keep Splash Mountain as is are true.

Of course, we don't know WHEN Iger will leave. I really, really, REALLY hope he doesn't extend his contract again.
Instead of the one I actually responded to.

This thread was supposed to be about the ride.

No big deal

_caleb

I made a statement of fact. 1. Why WDW desires to retheme and 2. What the theme should be. That's it. I'm neither arguing for nor against it. I'm perfectly okay with the retheme being delayed indefinitely.
I was teasing you because you seemed to be just saying again what others have been saying in this thread for a while now. I'm glad we agree.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Make it into Western River Adventure? 😰

Make it into a water park!!

1605322837360.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom