News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

matt9112

Or 20K. The only other time MK closed an E-ticket and the only thing comparable to today (even if, say, closing Snow White for a meet and greet was a worse decision).

Many of the parks rides have come and gone, but the park was blessed not to loose any of those headliners besides the submarines.

And now it's happened again with Splash...though it's not a total replacement.

At least 20k had an argument for it’s closing (capacity was trash) I think capacity and use of land should trump most things and 20k wasn’t good at either.

seabreezept813

“Mommy mommy can we ride Tiana’s ride?”

”I’m sorry sweetie. The company didn’t think about the target demographic for the IP when they forgot about the ride system height requirement. Again.”
My 4 year old wouldn’t ride Splash and was tall enough. One look and wouldn’t even consider it.. so ridiculous to that it will really be like 6+ if that..

Kirby86

I thought this was a joke.

Yikes.

They really are leaning in to the salt dome conceit, completely oblivious to its use of slave labor, in the first ride devoted to an African American princess.
Ever since the Essance Festival they mentioned salt domes starting with the research video. Since they want to be authentic to New Orleans they felt like they have to explain the drop since Louisiana has no mountains and the closest thing they have to use for elevation are salt mines. Even though New Orleans dosent have salt mines near it but suspension of disbelief is needed. Honestly I think the Laughing Place kind of forced their hand it's an underground cave where the rockwork is done.

drizgirl

Or 20K. The only other time MK closed an E-ticket and the only thing comparable to today (even if, say, closing Snow White for a meet and greet was a worse decision).

Many of the parks rides have come and gone, but the park was blessed not to loose any of those headliners besides the submarines.

And now it's happened again with Splash...though it's not a total replacement.
Snow White was replaced by 7DMT.

JohnD

Ever since the Essance Festival they mentioned salt domes starting with the research video. Since they want to be authentic to New Orleans they felt like they have to explain the drop since Louisiana has no mountains and the closest thing they have to use for elevation are salt mines. Even though New Orleans dosent have salt mines near it but suspension of disbelief is needed. Honestly I think the Laughing Place kind of forced their hand it's an underground cave where the rockwork is done.
Isn't there a tall tree in the movie? You could pretend to be inside the tall tree where it's dark. Then there's, say, a hurricane where the inside of the tree floods causing you to "ascend". As the flood "recedes" you "fall" out of the tree. All it takes is a little "imagineering". ;)

Kirby86

I’m aware of the history and their convoluted explanation. it’s very incongruent that a project that has as one of its driving goals to eradicate the use of a problematic part of Disney’s cultural history would use as a basis the locale and industry that relied on slave labor.

A little bit of work beyond Googling “highest elevation point in Louisana” would have made this clear.
Oh I agree it was definitely am odd choice but they seemed dead set on it.
Isn't there a tall tree in the movie? You could pretend to be inside the tall tree where it's dark. Then there's, say, a hurricane where the inside of the tree floods causing you to "ascend". As the flood "recedes" you "fall" out of the tree. All it takes is a little "imagineering". ;)
I don't think having a hurricane as a plot point would be a good idea because God forbid a major one hits New Orleans again like Katrina did. The PR would be a nightmare.

JohnD

Oh I agree it was definitely am odd choice but they seemed dead set on it.

I don't think having a hurricane as a plot point would be a good idea because God forbid a major one hits New Orleans again like Katrina did. The PR would be a nightmare.
Okay, borrow from Winnie the Pooh: "a blustery day". We're talking Louisiana where its sea level or below and easily floods.

Touchdown

That’s like 4” above the 95th percentile. We will need to independently verify your claims before alerting Guinness.
I know, but I did do a typo he’s almost 3, but he’s still ridiculously big for his age. Been that way since birth, despite my suggestions, my brother and sister in law did not name him Maximus. He’s got 18 more months till he goes to DLR for the first time, loves anything mechanical and was very upset when he couldn’t ride a roller coaster at the Mall of America last month. He goes to Dollywood later this year, which means he’ll be able to challenge Firechaser Express, Big Bear Mtn, and Dragonflyer. If he gets to 42 he gets to ride Blazing Fury and the log flume. Can’t wait to be there with him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom