News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

retr0gate

View attachment 682350
Does 23 32872 mean anything?
Wondering the same thing but also, although I know this is probably not the case, this figure reminds me a lot of this one:
1669999694317.png

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Kind of surprised that it looks like the WDW version is happening first... I was under the impression that the Disneyland version would be first to start/first to open... maybe the WDW version is starting first because there is (slightly) more to do?

Riverrafter21

Kind of surprised that it looks like the WDW version is happening first... I was under the impression that the Disneyland version would be first to start/first to open... maybe the WDW version is starting first because there is (slightly) more to do?
I was under the impression since the WDW version is similar to the Tokyo version Disney would like to try and wow the Japanese market into changing their mind about saving their version of Splash.

TQQQ

I think the opening of Tron helps absorb the crowds as a result of it's closure so perhaps thats why WDW is first

Smiley/OCD

Happy to see this project finally have a start date! Judging by concept art, we’ll be getting a lot of animatronics. Lewis, Naveen, Tiana and this reoccurring band? If every scene features them, I think we’re off to a great start. What will make or break this attraction will be the music. It needs to be on par with the movie and original Splash, otherwise this ride will sink.
Keep looking up…I just read that update 3 times and NOWHERE in the description does it mention ANYTHING about AA’s. I REALLY, REALLY hope I’m wrong but I see screens, FEA projected AA’s on the few left on the ride.

Ripley said it best…
“Believe it or Not”

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I think the opening of Tron helps absorb the crowds as a result of it's closure so perhaps thats why WDW is first

Maybe, but it seems unlikely that Tron will be open by late January (and by contrast, Runaway Railway at DL will be opening by late January).

Touchdown

I’m very nervous about this one, Disney needs to at minimum make this ride as good as Splash, and ideally better. To do so it will need to have memorable music and great visuals/story. The ride system remains intact so it’s got that going for it (best flume ride on earth) but I question if they can deliver the other two elements, especially since this ride will not feature the two characters with the best theme park songs (Ray, Dr Faciller) and seems to be completely ignoring the fairy tale elements of the story.

Casper Gutman

That concept art does not alleviate my fear that the ride will contain long empty spaces occasionally punctuated by fairly constrained AA scenes ala Frozen Ever After.

The fact that they didn't initially understand how significant this redo would be to fans coupled with the fact that it seems to be largely a tie-in promo for a dingdang D+ streaming series are massive red flags.

Casper Gutman

I’m very nervous about this one, Disney needs to at minimum make this ride as good as Splash, and ideally better. To do so it will need to have memorable music and great visuals/story. The ride system remains intact so it’s got that going for it (best flume ride on earth) but I question if they can deliver the other two elements, especially since this ride will not feature the two characters with the best theme park songs (Ray, Dr Faciller) and seems to be completely ignoring the fairy tale elements of the story.
I think there's a pretty good chance that guest reaction gets Facilier shoehorned into the thing within three years of opening.

Without Ray, Facilier, the Prince and Princess as frogs, and (possibly) the music, what exactly is the charm of the IP here?

MTS09

Just so happens my family and I will be there that weekend, but were not going to visit MK until Monday, the 23rd (to try to avoid some crowds), and now trying to figure out if it is worthwhile to switch.

For anyone has experience, how crazy is the last day of a ride being open (for the very last time)?

montyz81

Disney needs to at minimum make this ride as good as Splash, and ideally better.
You mean like they did with - Journy, WoM, Horizons, and 20K (Mermaid being the accepted replacement)? Rise of the Resistance is the only experience I see that is better than the one that replaced it in the last 20 years. I may be forgetting something, though.

Disney Analyst

Disney has announced Splash Mountain will close for the reimagining into Tiana's Bayou Adventure January 23rd, 2023.

New concept art -

View attachment 682292

That new concept art is gorgeous 😱😍😍

Touchdown

You mean like they did with - Journy, WoM, Horizons, and 20K (Mermaid being the accepted replacement)? Rise of the Resistance is the only experience I see that is better than the one that replaced it in the last 20 years. I may be forgetting something, though.
-Pandora>Camp Minnie Mickey
-Millennium Falcon>Backlot
-Finding Nemo the Musical>Tarzan Rocks
-HEA>Wishes
-New Fantasyland>Poohs Thoughtful Spot/Ariel Meet and Greet (you cut off at 20 years)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom