News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

EPCOT-O.G.

Most significantly, the article mentions both DL and WDW. Nothing about Tokyo. But, if there were plans to stall or scuttle this project, they wouldn't have posted this to the (checks notes) Disney Parks blog.

TheMaxRebo

Most significantly, the article mentions both DL and WDW. Nothing about Tokyo. But, if there were plans to stall or scuttle this project, they wouldn't have posted this to the (checks notes) Disney Parks blog.

Also feel like she should get some more concrete details about the timing of it next month when in that article posted to Disney Parks Blog it mentions about that specifically

Animaniac93-98

"We are working with so many consultants..."

I feel like that's the reason right there why this is taking so long to even start. More time spent reaching out to people and waiting for responses. More layers of revisions and decision making to deal with.

Doubt most, if any, have experience in attraction design/operation either.

GoneForGood

I could be wrong, but I find it a little odd how they barely-- if at all have referred to the overlay as "thrilling".

I mean, I suppose they are marketing the theme of it first rather than the fact that it's a thrilling attraction, in a sense it would sell itself.

With the original Splash they made sure to let us know the ride was thrilling and how important it was to the story. Using phrases like "longest, fastest, wettest log flume!" and constantly referring to the Briar Patch plot point. Perhaps that kind of thing will come after a more in-depth announcement comes out? I would hope so, personally.

LittleBuford

I could be wrong, but I find it a little odd how they barely-- if at all have referred to the overlay as "thrilling".

I mean, I suppose they are marketing the theme of it first rather than the fact that it's a thrilling attraction, in a sense it would sell itself.

With the original Splash they made sure to let us know the ride was thrilling and how important it was to the story. Using phrases like "longest, fastest, wettest log flume!" and constantly referring to the Briar Patch plot point. Perhaps that kind of thing will come after a more in-depth announcement comes out? I would hope so, personally.
I think the thrill is taken for granted as a baked-in component of the ride, regardless of the theme.

TheMaxRebo

I also see it as the thrill is already a known element at this point. There is no reason to bring it up, when the attention is on the new theme.

Plus the key elements of the retheme are the characters and the music, not the "trill" ... If this was to like a Marvel superhero or something maybe they would focus on the thrill

cookiee_munster

Plus the key elements of the retheme are the characters and the music, not the "trill" ... If this was to like a Marvel superhero or something maybe they would focus on the thrill
You saw it here first! 🤣
8d3e72f37fd9572b9696014e0b9202bd.jpg

Kirby86

I know I shouldn't laugh, but that's a level of petty that is borderline aspirational.
It's an amusement or theme park thing. Every Park wants to breake records when they open a new ride so they'll go the extra foot higher for the record books. The late 90s and early 2000s Cedar Fair and Six Flags would go back and forth yearly building new record breaking coasters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom