News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Surferboy567

In a way it makes sense to shutter MK's Splash first because it is going to require more work to change it over to PatF vs Disneyland's Splash. Of course, this could just be a cost-saving measure while attendance is low. (if the later, should we be looking at Kali River Rapids next?) A refurb possibly but it seems out of character especially if their aim is to gut and replace later. Interesting development.

Was hoping to get last rides in. But now not so sure. :/

I doubt it, probably just a refurb. I heard cast members were working on top of Chickapin hill. Disney wouldn’t just shutter a ride without selling extremely coveted and limited edition merch to try and capitalize.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
So Splash Mountain has now been drained at WDW. Refurb? Cleaning? Something more?

https:///2020/07/disney-world-splas...ail&utm_term=0_a98380eccc-50f1bf58ac-88910963
I did hear that the ride went down for some reason yesterday. Maybe that has something to do with it?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's back open now.

Well, how about that!

1595952764613.png

spresso81

That's not going to happen. They've already made the speech they were changing it. They can't make another one saying "We don't think it's racist anymore, because we are making so much money off of it."

I totally agree with the 2nd part. I am hoping, management concludes we know it is making a ton of money and most people love it. So we change the DL ride in say 3 years but keep dragging our feet. 4 years from now society is focused on another election, one or two of the Bobs are gone and this project gets Main Street Theatered or Mary Popped and magically stays as the current SM.

MickeyMouse10

I totally agree with the 2nd part. I am hoping, management concludes we know it is making a ton of money and most people love it. So we change the DL ride in say 3 years but keep dragging our feet. 4 years from now society is focused on another election, one or two of the Bobs are gone and this project gets Main Street Theatered or Mary Popped and magically stays as the current SM.

I wish that were possible, but it really isn't. That ship has already set sail and we have to learn to live with it. There is going to be more replacements and tinkering in the future. All we can hope is that the attractions will still remain enjoyable.

Besides anytime they want to change things they'll just pull out old Walt quotes. "Walt said Disneyland isn't a museum".

peter11435

Let’s hope park management and ops see how SM consistently has the longest wait times. Maybe if there are changes to upper management at WDC there can be some more movement to leave the ride in Florida alone.
Management knows exactly how long wait times are and have been. Any decision to remove/change Splash Mountain was made while already knowing it’s existing popularity.

Sir_Cliff

I think the best chance for something like that to occur is if there's a slow recovery from Covid and the company finds itself in a difficult financial situation. In that case, I can imagine there being some internal questioning about whether spending large sums of money to refurbish one of their most popular rides at DL and WDW is really so urgent a priority.

I still think it will likely happen. Honestly, though, if this hasn't happened in 2 or 3 years time do you think anyone outside of the fan forums will still be talking about it?

celluloid

I can imagine there being some internal questioning about whether spending large sums of money to refurbish one of their most popular rides at DL and WDW is really so urgent a priority.

That discussion has already been happening. Things got worse for the theme parks after the announcement. It's not happening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom