Splash Mountain Rehab

Rockin Roller

I have always wondered this but on the drop thats in the dark heading towards the laughing place what does it look like inside. I really want to know badly!!!!!!!!!! Please somebody like give me something cause im really curious.

Space Mountain

Original Poster
I have always wondered this but on the drop thats in the dark heading towards the laughing place what does it look like inside. I really want to know badly!!!!!!!!!! Please somebody like give me something cause im really curious.

What do you mean? Its a bunch of black walls with a floor and an emergency exit.. :veryconfu

Craig & Lisa

• Splash Mountain®: Closed for Refurbishment [January 5, 2007 to January 27, 2007]
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: Closed for Refurbishment [January 28, 2007 to January 31, 2007]
  • Tomorrowland® Indy Speedway: Closed for Refurbishment [January 31, 2007]
I can understand Splash and the Speedway, but Winnie has not been there long enough, to really need any kind of refurb. Even alittle, it would seem to me that some other area's need refurb more than winnie. Like Space Mtn??

Great to see an old friend!

People have mentioned the guy in the hard hat, but I didn't see anyone mention that the "ladder" is also in the shot. There's never any rest for our old friend!

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
I can understand Splash and the Speedway, but Winnie has not been there long enough, to really need any kind of refurb. Even alittle, it would seem to me that some other area's need refurb more than winnie. Like Space Mtn??

Anyone who travels on WtP will notice that a few of the props are saggy and at sometimes it can get so hot and humid in the show building that it's ridiculous! Last time I rode, the circular smoke heffalump or woozle or whatever wasn't working... just looked like it had cigarette smoke coming out of it... and the "pages" from the storybook at load/unload were sagging and looked like they were wallpapered in a bathroom and nobody turned the fan on.

Captain Barbosa

I happen to know the person that Disney contacted about converting the Indy Speedway karts to electric motors. I think this would be a very wise choice on Disney's part, reducing noise and fumes. Whether or not this will actually happen is yet to be seen.

Cool pictures!! Splash Mountain looks really neat being able to see the track and some of the equipment. I hope everything gets done quickly!

"Looks like Brer Fox and Brer Bear are causin' some trouble upstream."

sknydave

I happen to know the person that Disney contacted about converting the Indy Speedway karts to electric motors. I think this would be a very wise choice on Disney's part, reducing noise and fumes. Whether or not this will actually happen is yet to be seen.

They're go-karts... They're supposed to be noisy.

Space Mountain

Original Poster
Update on other work being done:

• Drywall is being replaced in the final scene because of water damage
  • Replace stairs
  • Replacing deteriorated conduits throughout the ride building
  • Changing air-tanks

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
Update on other work being done:

• Drywall is being replaced in the final scene because of water damage
  • Replace stairs
  • Replacing deteriorated conduits throughout the ride building
  • Changing air-tanks
I may make myself sound really dumb right now, but what exactly are conduits? And what are the air-tanks used for?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom