Splash Mountain refurb- Janauray & February 2010

elisatonks

seems about normal to me, it was closed for about 6 weeks when i was on my ICP, to be honest it needs the refurb, out of the last 6 times i been on splash mountain it has gone down 5 times whilst i was either on it, in line or heading for it.

Dave Disney

It was closed last year I think it was third week of January when we went and from what I understand that's the normal maintenance cycle for Splash

kungfoosally

ugh 2 trips in a row it was closed... then it was going to happen a 3rd time and i change my trip dates! probably one reason i wont go in jan/feb ever again!

JWG

ugh 2 trips in a row it was closed... then it was going to happen a 3rd time and i change my trip dates! probably one reason i wont go in jan/feb ever again!

If Splash is important to you, don't go in Jan. It's an annual refurb, length may vary year to year depending on work to be done.

ms7479a

I have heard that this refurb will include the installation of some sort of restraints inside the logs to prevent people from jumping out. Also, I have heard that work will not begin on the Fantasyland expansion until the Splash Mountain refurb is complete.

Tom

Beta Return
http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions...efurbishment-in-January-and-February-2010.htm

Is it just me, or doesn't this refurb seem to be a little longer than usual? I know Splash Mountain normally goes down around this time, but I don't recall it being down for almost two months before? :shrug:

Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh.

I go in January because it's just so nice and empty and fun. But this is twice for me on Splash!

Last year, it went down the day we got there. This year, it's going down the day we get there.

Splash seems to need a lot more "tender loving care" than most attractions. This past January, when it was down for 2 weeks, they drained the entire ride and repainted a lot of it. I stood on the bridge and watched as a single tear rolled down my cheek.

We're going in Feb 2011 to take my brother's new wife for her first time. If they drag out the 2011 refurb this long again, I'll......I don't know what I'll do. I'll definitely shake my finger at them and make angry faces.

sillyspook13

I have heard that this refurb will include the installation of some sort of restraints inside the logs to prevent people from jumping out. Also, I have heard that work will not begin on the Fantasyland expansion until the Splash Mountain refurb is complete.

Yup! Lap bars!:D

noelanddusty

I didn't realize that it was an annual refurb. We missed riding Splash in Jan. 2008 and then when I saw it was closing on the day we were planning to get there this coming trip I was devastated. I wanted to move the dates of our trip up a day or two just to get to ride it, but anything before the 3 disqualifies you for the buy 4 get 3 free ( or 5 get 2) and we'd be looking at a lot more money. We love going in January because of the weather and crowd size, plus it's a great time for me to take a week off work. My wife had what I thought was a good idea to solve the problem though, if it would work. Could we add an extra day to our ticket, which with myw base tickets is very little money, and go on Saturday the 2nd of Jan. before it shuts down? We have family in Kissimee we could stay with for a couple of nights before we check in on Sunday the 3rd. The problem I thought of is that I think they normally give you your tickets when you check in, but we would need them the day before in order to get in on Saturday. Would they ship us our tickets ahead of time? I know we have received tickets in the mail ahead of time before but I can't remember what the circumstances were. Could we go by the resort Saturday morning and get the tickets? Anyway, just an idea, do you think it could work?

ryno1982

Two years ago it was long because they added the third load zone. There were rumors about the restraints, so it's entirely possible that could be it. There was also talk at one point of adding a gated area for the wheelchairs to wait in like at BTMR. Last year all they did was standard maintenance and change the color of the sky in the finale. What they really need to do is dust the costumes and paint the sides of the flume.

BenS

Hmm, if my January trip hadn't fizzled it'd be closing a day before I'd get there. ...nope, still not happy about losing that trip. :(

I didn't know Splash went down annually. Is it because of the wear and tear caused by water?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom