Splash Mountain re-theme announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

21stamps

I can name off a hundred strong independent female characters in fiction who are not assumed to be lesbian. You're outrageous.
Major Disney Princesses pre Elsa?
I can’t name one.

I never stayed at the hotels until the fences went up. I wonder what it was like to be able to walk right into the lagoon.
It was great.

We never did, as a Floridian I know what lurks there.

Also a Floridian- I was ok with it. Not at dawn or dusk, but many Floridians do still go in fresh water lakes.

Parker in NYC

I am confused, are you poking fun at the virus as being a device created by the left? If so I am not going to get into a political fight with you. This virus will hopefully end in 2021, my family is treating it quite seriously, the deaths and lifes changed from the virus is terrible. I have to go out with a mask everyday because I run a construction company where my state deemed me to be essential. My line is we construction workers were not essential but inconsequential. But that’s fine.

My point is the virus will end but the slope will keep sliding. But I totally get attacking one sentence over a total thought process as a way to dismantle an argument. That is part of the problem of the cancel culture.

Wait. Didn't you say the Splash Mountain situation is scarier than COVID? I mean, at least wait 'til the body's cold.

orlandogal22

Right it sounds like a secondary reason to me. The primary reason is your overall dissatisfaction with the way the park is going. Apologies if I'm misstating things. I'm in the same boat as you. It seems like every decision WDW has made since 2014ish has been something I didn't want. It just no longer makes sense for me to give them my money.

Sure. You could say that.

Here's my thoughts in order of importance ( I suppose in course of conversation, I wasn't 100% clear enough)

1. Poor park experiences; rude CMs at Guest Relations while renewing last time; rude CMs too busy talking to each other to check out my purchases (multiple times); CMs arguing with me about what I asked for; food prices going up while portion sizes going down; incredibly crowded all year long now; large parts of EPCOT under construction; FP+ issues, etc.

2. Splash Mountain going away; not happy with general direction the company has been going as a whole; too money-hungry; quality decreasing, prices increasing; not the same magic as before; barely recognize my former employer sometimes

3. COVID

4. Money saving.

Better? :)

Scuttle

I am a liberal. I think publicly displaying the confederate flag is terrible. I also think parts of our history is terrible and it’s about time the real Columbus is portrayed to those who didn’t know his doings. However, changing this ride due to a vocal minority is wrong and dangerous. Will me having the picture below on my wall be seen as flying a confederate flag? I hope not. What about wearing a Splash Mountain shirt at the park? Will you get asked to turn it inside out? What’s next on this slippery slope? Tom Sawyer Island? Some of the parts on the railroad? Country Bears? Come to think of it, the golden age of Hollywood was racist, sexist and full of violence. You couldn’t be LGBT and if you were pregnant and not married the studios would force issues. Let’s get rid of Hollywood Studios too.

I better take my picture down. Again I am a bleeding heart liberal and I have these views. This is scarier than the virus.
View attachment 479628
Yes to all those. Frontierland won’t be recognizable. All the Natives will be gone. Guaranteed. Tom Sawyer will be gone. CBJ gone.
I never stayed at the hotels until the fences went up. I wonder what it was like to be able to walk right into the lagoon.
It was actually quite nice when they manicured it. After dinner walks Along the shoreline during the fireworks were great! But most of the last decade it’s been a dilapidated disaster.

The_Jobu

Here's my thoughts in order of importance ( I suppose in course of conversation, I wasn't 100% clear enough)

1. Poor park experiences; rude CMs at Guest Relations while renewing last time; rude CMs too busy talking to each other to check out my purchases (multiple times); CMs arguing with me about what I asked for; food prices going up while portion sizes going down; incredibly crowded all year long now; large parts of EPCOT under construction; FP+ issues, etc.

2. Splash Mountain going away; not happy with general direction the company has been going as a whole; too money-hungry; quality decreasing, prices increasing; not the same magic as before; barely recognize my former employer sometimes

3. COVID

4. Money saving.

If more people spoke with their wallets, they could change Disney overnight.

manmythlegend

3. COVID

4. Money saving.

Much better, thank you, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom