Splash Mountain - OPEN!

daverube

Original Poster
I just got a call from my little brother who is at WDW this week. He was in the Spash queue and said that they finished the rehab a little early. No report yet as to what the interior looks like, but if I get one soon, I'll update this post....

dave

Disneykidder

This IS in my top fave. I LOVE THIS RIDE!! I thought they only added another entrance for riders and reworkee the drainage so nothing new inside but we shall see!!:)

daverube

Original Poster
what exactly did they do to SM anyway? didnt recently get a referb?

I believe it went down for painting and maintenance in February 2007. I think this year's rehab was for a new track pulley system for the big drop....but I could be confusing that with another ride...

dave

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I was just there! :cry:

100_1405.JPG

I hates when that happens!

the-reason14

It looked like the were doing something to the track after the big drop. I hope they cleaned up some of the inside and most of those AAs too.

automagic

I think it is closed at the moment. I was there last night shortly before and during Pirate and Princesses and it looked as if the water was drained out of the ride.

Figment1986

I think it is closed at the moment. I was there last night shortly before and during Pirate and Princesses and it looked as if the water was drained out of the ride.

last night they had the water everywhere but the drop... I'm not surprised its open since they had no signage out saying its closed last night during Pirate princess party except for that board near the entrance.

AndrewRnR

Soft openings started today (Friday) and run through the weekend.

The ride is fresh and great. Seems like the painted and redressed most, if not everything, inside the ride. A third load area was added which I hear will help them get a few more people through the ride an hour as they will be able to run another log or two.

maryszhi

that is one of my favorite rides at the world and everytime i go on its more exciting and funer
kind of like the spice girl concert i went to yesterday...best concert of my life....
but seriuosly i hope i get to ride it if w4e end up going 4 spring break

DisneyCane

anyone have any pictures of the new load are?

The new load area looks just like the old load area except they use the third loading gate. They split the line off into 1 line for the back loading gate and 1 line for the front 2 (like they used to). I assume they will only use the 3rd gate when it is busy as it requires an additional CM to load there.

It was amazing how fast the line moves without fastpass. Fastpass was down yesterday. The wait was only about 15 minutes at 11 AM on the Sunday of President's day weekend. When I got off the ride it was probalby up to 1/2 hour or so.

I think that in reality fastpass increases (from the time you get your fastpass until you get to go on) your wait for E tickets although it does allow you to grab something to eat or ride some of the C/D ticket attractions instead of standing on line.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
We were there thru feb 8th and saw many workers allover....saw lots of logs going down big drop but no water running. We observed lots of new timber on parts visable from front view...biggest was a newly made large staircase on interior from front view to left and a new stairway by train station in frontierland. Much was covered up in tarps by entry and passthrough via train. Can't wait for reports of interior work...and PHOTOS!!!!:king:

MontyMon that photo is a true classic....my children thought I was weird to try to take a photo of the sign and would not pose such for me....:lookaroun

Hummer1676

I was there on Saturday and got to ride it. They have updated the speakers throughout. It was loud and so much clearer then it was in November. Still needs some paint and cleaning on the inside. I wish they would clean up the outside and put new grass and ferns out on the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom