Splash mountain merch

ELG13

Original Poster
I have a favorite coffee mug that got put in the wash and went to the shop Disney store online me to see if I could find something to replace it with and I didn't see anything for splash mountain online. It's very possible I missed all of it but when I type splash mountain all I get is a picture of Minnie and Mickey on the beach. Am I at the mercy of the eBay pirates that I heard have been cleaning out the gift shop? We won't be back until HOPEFULLY May and I'm not sure what the timeframe is for the change. Where else could I look? I would like to have a few things may e before it's all gone but really, all o want to do right now is replace my mug 😁

JIMINYCR

I also looked on shop Disney for Splash things and in the past, other items and come up empty. It frustrates me to no end that they dont carry a larger selection of things for those who dont live close by to the parks and are at the mercy of buying online. These E-bay sellers know they have us at the prices they inflate. In the past I've relied on a friend who moved to Orlando but I dont like taking advantage of her and asking her to constantly shop for me. A while ago I had found a service where someone shopped the parks for outsiders but the person running that business is no longer doing that.
There have been people on WDWMagic who have offered to pick things up for those who ask. Maybe you can reach out and get lucky connecting with someone on here???

Last edited:

PurpleMan

In the Parks
No
Am I at the mercy of the eBay pirates that I heard have been cleaning out the gift shop?
Yes you are.;)

13145936776850.jpg

ELG13

Original Poster
I also looked on shop Disney for Splash things and in the past, other items and come up empty. It frustrates me to no end that they dont carry a larger selection of things for those who dont live close by to the parks and are at the mercy of buying online. These E-bay sellers know they have us at the prices they inflate. In the pst I've relied on a friend who moved to Orlando but I dont like taking advantage of her and asking her to constantly shop for me. A while ago I had found a service where someone shopped the parks for outsiders but the person running that business is no longer do that.
There have been people on WDWMagic who have offered to pick things up for those who ask. Maybe you can reach out and get lucky connecting with someone on here???
I don't understand why they wouldn't have the same stuff there as online. Most places have MORE available online, not less. I realize they have a ton of stuff but I definitely think they are missing an opportunity there. Unless they know the pirates will come and pay whatever for it just to double it on eBay....

Kobe!!

I don't understand why they wouldn't have the same stuff there as online. Most places have MORE available online, not less. I realize they have a ton of stuff but I definitely think they are missing an opportunity there. Unless they know the pirates will come and pay whatever for it just to double it on eBay....
Maybe they are missing the opportunity, but maybe they think if you buy a park ticket, (plus parking, hotel room, food, etc. etc.) they will make even more money and you will still buy the merch.

ELG13

Original Poster
Maybe they are missing the opportunity, but maybe they think if you buy a park ticket, (plus parking, hotel room, food, etc. etc.) they will make even more money and you will still buy the merch.
Oh absolutely. But still....can't a girl just get her official merch from the company instead of eBay 😭

Kobe!!

Patience. Splash isn't going anywhere any time soon.
This.

With so many things going on and the guests flocking to grab it, they will ride it out for as long as they can. I honestly don't think the ride will even close until 2021 at the earliest.

The real kicker is how Disney added 30% off merch to AP's. I wonder how many went back and "tried" to get the price exchange. lol

Hcalvert

This.

With so many things going on and the guests flocking to grab it, they will ride it out for as long as they can. I honestly don't think the ride will even close until 2021 at the earliest.

The real kicker is how Disney added 30% off merch to AP's. I wonder how many went back and "tried" to get the price exchange. lol
It's only 10% more and the fine print does say it does not apply to previous purchases. The only merch I bought with the 30% discount was a Baby Yoda.

Kobe!!

It's only 10% more and the fine print does say it does not apply to previous purchases. The only merch I bought with the 30% discount was a Baby Yoda.
10% is a lot when your buying thousands of dollars. Some of the stuff basically pays for itself at that point.

ELG13

Original Poster
How do we get the AP discount online? I haven't activated bout passes yet (thanks covid). I have the code for the 30% but I just purchased something last week and honestly didn't even think about the AP discount. I was logged in to my account so I thought it would apply it automatically but I don't believe it did.

Hcalvert

How do we get the AP discount online? I haven't activated bout passes yet (thanks covid). I have the code for the 30% but I just purchased something last week and honestly didn't even think about the AP discount. I was logged in to my account so I thought it would apply it automatically but I don't believe it did.
You have to put in the promo code AP30OFF. The online discount started this week. I bought the Baby Yoda at Hollywood Studios when I was there.

Hcalvert

What about the usually 20% we get ...isn't it 20?? I'm not sure
Right now it is 30% until August 14. I believe the 20% off discount is usually on property only and not on ShopDisney. We used to get the AP discount on the app, but that was a few years ago.

ELG13

Original Poster
Right now it is 30% until August 14. I believe the 20% off discount is usually on property only and not on ShopDisney. We used to get the AP discount on the app, but that was a few years ago.
Oh ok that makes sense then!! I just ordered my annual mug with the discount since we won't be there this year.

britdaw

This.

I'm praying it still still be open in March for us to ride it one last time before it closes... My girls LOVE Splash Mountain, and even though they also love "The Princess and the Frog", they weren't thrilled when I told them about the retheming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom