Splash Mountain fall refurbishment 2017

Speedy71

there is a major MK refurb for early 2018 on the line, but is subject to being cut.

giphy.gif

I am Timmy

While Yeti fix is on the "Let's give Rohde a token project to appease him before the next corporate sell out" list, I doubt we would see it anytime soon, if ever. M:S is next for a semi-major refurb in EPCOT, although, I heard as early as late 2017 for it to be done. IIRC, there is a major MK refurb for early 2018 on the line, but is subject to being cut. PS- If you have construction wall phobia, WDW in 2018 will be ypur worst nightmare.
Thank you eternally for that info. - after the walls in 2014 and 2015, that is exactly the reason we decided to skip 2016 (first time in 12 years). Coming back in Dec. 2017, may have to skip 2018 and shoot for 2019. Will obsessively read the boards in the meantime.....

DizArielFan

There is no slow time anytime of the year really anymore. People have more money now after the recession, Disney keeps adding events, etc... Food and Wine starts at the end of August now. The new Arts festival in January looks like it will be back next year (probably expanded knowing Disney).

And before anyone starts quoting the crowd calendars, remember, those are made using historical data and predictions. Also, what a 7 crowd looks to one person will be a 4 to another.

Also credit card lending has relaxed a bit since the recession, there are companies out there that will approve a $20,000 limit card to somebody with a 650 credit score (Lowes credit card from Synchrony financial etc) So more people have been able to travel to WDW by putting it on a card.

seascape

Also credit card lending has relaxed a bit since the recession, there are companies out there that will approve a $20,000 limit card to somebody with a 650 credit score (Lowes credit card from Synchrony financial etc) So more people have been able to travel to WDW by putting it on a card.
No one should borrow money for a vacation or a DVC ownership. Cash is king and debt is stupid.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
No one should borrow money for a vacation or a DVC ownership. Cash is king and debt is stupid.

That's the choice some make to take aspirational vacations on borrowed money. Making decisions on your potential future financial status isnt very wise and fraught with risk, yet some do it without hesitation. There are entire industries that exist because of this mindset.

Princess Leia

Just got back in contact so the refurb is August 28th- Novmeber 16th.
I just need it to be back online by Thanksgiving weekend. It's one of my favorites, and the friend that I'm going with has never been on it. Since some of the refurbs last longer than planned, I'm a tiny bit nervous.

RSoxNo1

In Roller Coaster Tycoon, when a ride goes down, you fix it, and fix it right then, or the program makes you hire another maintenance worker. If your rides start breaking down frequently, you tear them out and replace them, or they blow up and kill guests.
First off that's a game, but second off, they also have regular maintenance checks in the game. The evolution of that game (Planet Coaster) does have a refurbishment component.

Yert3

I'll take ANY Splash refurb I can get. We can never let it get this bad again:

Video taken by me a few days before it's three month refurb in 2013. I had to get video evidence of it because I was in complete shock of how bad it was.

P.S the dim lighting isn't due to my camera. That's actually how bad the lightning in the attraction was.

KrzyKtty

Is this set in stone yet? I would be very upset if this was not open my next visit in October.
I don't think it is on an official DIsney blog, but it is on multiple websites forums. So it might be pretty plausible. Granted, this is from someone who hasn't read all 5 pages of this. Just noticed it on quite a few other forums with a quick google search.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom