Splash Mountain fall refurbishment 2017

Jones14

My memory from some 1992 articles about the WDW version was more red/clay look due to its location/proximity to Big Thunder.
That’s correct! IIRC, they modeled the mountain after Georgian soil (the red clay), and modified the music to the bluegrass and banjos style to match Frontierland’s musical aesthetic a little better.

Personally, I’ve always liked the WDW exterior the best, but then again, I did grow up in Georgia.

Last edited:

Yert3

Photo update. Taken just a few minutes ago.
0AA3DF9E-3133-4AE1-9D3C-F56D8FE1111D.jpeg
C6529B87-4D9B-4622-989A-CB13FFB59F8C.jpeg
857E772A-46EB-4521-85C3-732240CB0031.jpeg
774289C2-D9CF-4292-973F-0011667C4BD0.jpeg
EAA86E74-CE62-4FA0-82EF-69C23013CFB6.jpeg

jaxonp

I don't understand why this ride is so highly regarded. I know most love it but I just don't get it. Hopefully they'll fix so many of the broken things during this refurb.

jaxonp

Funny, I feel this way about Pirates of the Caribbean. To me Splash Mountain is iconic and one of the best in MK

No I get that people love it, I'm not disputing that. I just don't understand it. Obviously it's me... I just tend pass over it most times that I'm at MK or DL. The length of the ride is the best part to me. The theme is meh, the animatronics are hit or miss anymore and it seems very very dated these days leading to it not having the staying power as other classic do. Again... my opinion. Pirates, HM, BTMR are all much better IMO.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
No I get that people love it, I'm not disputing that. I just don't understand it. Obviously it's me... I just tend pass over it most times that I'm at MK or DL. The length of the ride is the best part to me. The theme is meh, the animatronics are hit or miss anymore and it seems very very dated these days leading to it not having the staying power as other classic do. Again... my opinion. Pirates, HM, BTMR are all much better IMO.
Yep, it’s you;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom