Splash Mountain EMH (Evening)

DisneySwami

Original Poster
Going back to the mouse in June of this year. Does anyone have any insight if Splash Mountian will be returned to EMH status? Also will Disney consider turning on all of the water cannons?

Genie of the Lamp

Greetings first time poster and Welcome to WDWMAGIC!:) I believe that Splash Mountain will not be returned to EMH attraction list. I also don't think they turn on all the water cannons, but they may decide to turn a few on during the day. That would be my guesses/opinions.

DisneySwami

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply. I have read these boards for years and just decided to join and share the info! I have been to WDW thirteen times since 1999. Seven times since 2008. Splash is one of the families most favorite rides. Riding it during evening EMH has always been special. We just going to hope for the best that Management returns it to evening EMH!!

StarWarsGirl

I was not even aware that it was off the list. Currently, it is closed for refurbishment, so if you're looking at a current list, that would be the reason why. Considering that you are going during high season, Splash mountain is a popular attraction, and it has been on the list since they first began EMH, I would say probably yes. Since you are going in June, all the cannons should be turned on. They turn many of them off during the winter. If you'd like the full effect of getting soaked, sit towards the front.

There used to be a watercannon that as you were coming around Chick a Pin Hill would spray you. Thankfully, they took this one out. Many of us enjoy Splash Mountain, but would rather come off as dry as possible.

StarWarsGirl

Thanks for the reply. I have read these boards for years and just decided to join and share the info! I have been to WDW thirteen times since 1999. Seven times since 2008. Splash is one of the families most favorite rides. Riding it during evening EMH has always been special. We just going to hope for the best that Management returns it to evening EMH!!
You should edit your profile if you plan to be here frequently. If you're looking for advice, it helps if we know how experienced you are, when you last trip was, favorite resorts, next trip, how long you're staying, etc.

BTW, 42 trips since 1995, 14 trips since 2008. ;)

Well guess what. It is on the list. It was removed before the refurbishment and replaced with The Country Bear Jamboree and it will not return to the list after the refurbishment.

I was not even aware that it was off the list. Currently, it is closed for refurbishment, so if you're looking at a current list, that would be the reason why. Considering that you are going during high season, Splash mountain is a popular attraction, and it has been on the list since they first began EMH, I would say probably yes. Since you are going in June, all the cannons should be turned on. They turn many of them off during the winter. If you'd like the full effect of getting soaked, sit towards the front.

There used to be a watercannon that as you were coming around Chick a Pin Hill would spray you. Thankfully, they took this one out. Many of us enjoy Splash Mountain, but would rather come off as dry as possible.

StarWarsGirl

So I double checked. It is currently on WDW Magic's list of Extra Magic Hours attractions. But so is Snow White's Scary Adventures, which closed a while ago, so I'm not positive how well updated this list is. Disney's website does not list which attractions are open for Extra Magic Hours. However, my guess is still the same: that it should be open. You can try to contact Disney here to ask. Someone might know.

StarWarsGirl

StarWarsGirl

Well guess what. It is on the list. It was removed before the refurbishment and replaced with The Country Bear Jamboree and it will not return to the list after the refurbishment.
It was replaced with Tiki Birds. Country Bears was under refurbishment when it was taken off. Considering that they've had issues with it since, this was mroe of a maintenance issue than anything IMO.

jharvey

It was replaced with Tiki Birds. Country Bears was under refurbishment when it was taken off. Considering that they've had issues with it since, this was mroe of a maintenance issue than anything IMO.
Actually, while I hope it returns, the statements at the time were that it was being taken off for a less labor intensive ride as a means to control payroll. This was done prior to the refurb so one must assume it will remain off the list. Until something to the contrary is put in writing, the only thing we have to go off of is what is written.

StarWarsGirl

Actually, while I hope it returns, the statements at the time were that it was being taken off for a less labor intensive ride as a means to control payroll. This was done prior to the refurb so one must assume it will remain off the list. Until something to the contrary is put in writing, the only thing we have to go off of is what is written.
I still maintain my opinion, especially since this person is going during high season. I think it will go back up. It really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Tiki Birds is basically dead for Extra Magic Hours.

Really wish Disney would list EMH attractions on their website...

juniorthomas

Going back to the mouse in June of this year. Does anyone have any insight if Splash Mountian will be returned to EMH status? Also will Disney consider turning on all of the water cannons?

I've been on it for evening EMH. It's a mixed blessing, really - getting soaked at 9pm makes drying off a little interesting...

Also, welcome to the frenzy that is the WDWMagic forum!

Yert3

I assumed they took SM off of EMH for one of two possible reasons. Either to have a little extra hours to work on it overnight, or because of the very low attendance at night, or both. But I'm probably really wrong with both of those theories.

well starwarsgirl95 seems to be an expert but it was taken off for a reason other than the then upcoming refurb and it will not return to the nighttime emh lineup.

jharvy you are correct. sorry starwarsgirl95. admit defeat, it builds character.

StarWarsGirl

jharvy you are correct. sorry starwarsgirl95. admit defeat, it builds character.
I'm not admitting defeat until I go in August and see that it's not up myself. It doesn't make sense to me why they would take it down. I am an expert, and that's because of experience. My experience is that they don't turn off a popular ride during high season. During low season it makes more sense, but not during high season.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom