Splash Mountain EMH (Evening)

Well send me your resume. I will make sure they get it. :eek: And the only way you are going to get wet during MK EMH is to stop by the new beautifully themed restrooms and splash yourself.

StarWarsGirl

Talk about a ride that just changes dramatically during EMH. Love BTMRR and SM late at night! There is something just so enjoyable about being out in the cooler air and the surprise of total darkness.
My dad always says, "Ain nothin' like riding Big Thunder Mountain at 1 in the morning!" He's right. I so rarely ride it during the day that it seems strange to do so. I can't remember the last time I rode Splash Mountain during the day.

StarWarsGirl

an expert or just narcissistic? do you work for the company like I do?
Forgive me for doubting your credibility as a Cast Member, but I've met Cast members, and I frequently know more about the parks than they do. My favorite story is that one time I was telling them how to do an off-line charge...

StarWarsGirl

Well send me your resume. I will make sure they get it. :eek: And the only way you are going to get wet during MK EMH is to stop by the new beautifully themed restrooms and splash yourself.
Thank goodness for that. I hate getting wet, and that stupid water cannon that they used to have as the boats came down Chick a Pin Hill and you were going around in your own boat...they were horrible. But I have not gotten wet since they turned that stupid thing off. There was one time that we were the last ones on the ride, and I hopped in the back of the boat while the rest of my group was up front. The cannon hit the front of the boat but missed me in the back. I was nice and dry and everyone else was soaked, not to mention irritated at me for laughing at them. You could still get pretty wet in the front at night, though.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Forgive me for doubting your credibility as a Cast Member, but I've met Cast members, and I frequently know more about the parks than they do. My favorite story is that one time I was telling them how to do an off-line charge...

Here's the thing....

They took Splash off of EMH. Until they put it back into the lineup, the assumption will be that it is no longer going to be offered.

Spikerdink

Really wish Disney would list EMH attractions on their website...

Nah, they want the illusion that ALL the rides are open for people to enjoy.... the way they phrase it on the Magical Express bus ride is designed to make you think that you can enjoy all the rides/attractions, but they limit what is open....

juniorthomas

We do it right before leaving for this reason. If we get soaked, we're just going back to the room anyway.

Still makes for a long and unpleasant ride on the subarctic Disney bus ride home... Air conditioning has a time and a place and that time is definitely not immediately after a late night SM, and the place is definitely not on a late night bus.

StarWarsGirl

Still makes for a long and unpleasant ride on the subarctic Disney bus ride home... Air conditioning has a time and a place and that time is definitely not immediately after a late night SM, and the place is definitely not on a late night bus.
Well, when it's still 85 degrees at two in the morning...we frequently stay at BLT so we just walk back. It makes it easier. We're also rarely in the park during the day in the summertime and in the winter, it's usually closed for refurbishment.

StarWarsGirl

Here's the thing....

They took Splash off of EMH. Until they put it back into the lineup, the assumption will be that it is no longer going to be offered.
They took it off once high season ended. And then they had the whole structural thing...I'm still going with my theory...you'll have to show me that it's not there, and then I'll believe.

DisneySwami

Original Poster
ozboyyyyyy Do you know why Management elected to remove it? It is a popular attraction and I just can't get my arms around why they would remove it from evening EMH. Thanks

StarWarsGirl

Clearly I need to stop going during colder weather months.
Colder weather months can be nice. There was one summer that my dad said to me, "Hey, let's go ride bikes at Fort Wilderness." It was hot. Extremely hot. We stopped at one point (one of many stops) and the Cast Member says "Oh yeah, the high today was 100." That's one of the hottest days we've ever had down there. Going at night is a method of survival.

Winter months vary. I've been down there when it's REALLY cold, but last trip in January to late February, it was 70-85 most days. Splash is usually closed when I'm down in the winter, though.

StarWarsGirl

ozboyyyyyy Do you know why Management elected to remove it? It is a popular attraction and I just can't get my arms around why they would remove it from evening EMH. Thanks
I'm not ozboy, but my guess is that 1.) They removed it for low season 2.)It needed some down time or 3.) They knew they were having issues with the structure and just wanted to keep it going for a while longer. Someone else ventured a guess that it was a cost issue, which is also valid. We've been debating as to if this is permanent. My guess is no. I think they'll put it back for the summer and high season. It really doesn't make sense to have a perfectly good ride just sitting there.

juniorthomas

Colder weather months can be nice. There was one summer that my dad said to me, "Hey, let's go ride bikes at Fort Wilderness." It was hot. Extremely hot. We stopped at one point (one of many stops) and the Cast Member says "Oh yeah, the high today was 100." That's one of the hottest days we've ever had down there. Going at night is a method of survival.

Winter months vary. I've been down there when it's REALLY cold, but last trip in January to late February, it was 70-85 most days. Splash is usually closed when I'm down in the winter, though.

I've been through all kinds of weather at The World. High 40s in December, 100s in July, torrential downpours in (well, basically every month) - my favorite was an epic rainstorm in Epcot. Found out that evening there was a tornado watch in our area. Nobody told us. We survived the ankle deep water outside of Canada (and the related sprint to our dining reservation in Japan) by drying off with help from a Teppanyaki bathroom hand dryer. Needless to say, we did not really dry off.

StarWarsGirl

I've been through all kinds of weather at The World. High 40s in December, 100s in July, torrential downpours in (well, basically every month) - my favorite was an epic rainstorm in Epcot. Found out that evening there was a tornado watch in our area. Nobody told us. We survived the ankle deep water outside of Canada (and the related sprint to our dining reservation in Japan) by drying off with help from a Teppanyaki bathroom hand dryer. Needless to say, we did not really dry off.
I've had several of those storms...one last August near Star Tours. Just kept riding over and over and over again...

Then there was the storm where we got stuck under Astro Orbitor in a downpour. Streets were flooded. They lost power at Cinderella Castle.

Then there was that time the bus got struck by lightning after a trip to Blizzard Beach...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom