Splash Mountain drop question

draybook

Original Poster
Just looking for some info here. Can anyone tell me the drop angle compared to Jurassic Park? I know that it's 33 feet shorter than JP, but how is the descent angle compared to it?

I conquered my fear of JP (and drop rides) today but I think I saw the "tunnel of light" when I saw our drop coming.

Everyone has said that if I've done JP then Splash should be a piece of cake, but drop rides give me anxiety attacks so to speak. Actually, I just tense up really bad and make a grunting noise. It's hilarious and embarassing at the same time. The indoor dark drops get me more, so I'm just trying to psyche myself up for it.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
When we took my parents 7 years ago, we somehow suckered my mother into going onto Splash.
She was absolutely freaking tripping throughout the whole ride. She kept trying to get out of the log, and my dad had to physically restrain her. This was pre-lap bar. She was almost crying as we started up that final climb. She screamed like a lunatic all the way down, and for the next 30 seconds. I asked her why she was still screaming, and she said, "Was that it? That wasn't so bad".
We finished the ride, got off and got right back in line - at my mother's insistence!

You'll be fine.

Marc Gil

Jurassic Parks drop is more intense, and way more scary! Most of the drop is in the dark, so it feels really long. The drop in Splash is like 2 seconds, and is nowhere near as bad as in steepness or height.

Bairstow

I believe Ripsaw Falls is 75' at 50º.
I don't recall that one feeling quite as intense, simply because I was more preoccupied with how wet I was becoming.

KathyJetson

I absolutely hate stomach drops. I was so nervous the first time I rode it I couldn't enjoy the ride thinking about what was coming. When it was over I had to go again so I could actually take everything in. It's one of my favorite rides. I won't do Jurassic Park.

Joshua&CalebDad

Just looking for some info here. Can anyone tell me the drop angle compared to Jurassic Park? I know that it's 33 feet shorter than JP, but how is the descent angle compared to it?

I conquered my fear of JP (and drop rides) today but I think I saw the "tunnel of light" when I saw our drop coming.

Everyone has said that if I've done JP then Splash should be a piece of cake, but drop rides give me anxiety attacks so to speak. Actually, I just tense up really bad and make a grunting noise. It's hilarious and embarassing at the same time. The indoor dark drops get me more, so I'm just trying to psyche myself up for it.

I hate to hear that you have to deal with that type of anxiety but I am also glad to hear that you are slowly facing your fear and conquering it one step at a time.

However, when I read "I just tense up really bad and make a grunting noise" it made me spit out my drink due to laughter. I am glad that you have a sense of humor about it.

BiffyClyro

From memory, the JP drop feels steeper. To be honest though, you can't really compare, because when you're at the top you're just thinking about the drop and not how many ft it is! :D They are both really fun though!

draybook

Original Poster
I hate to hear that you have to deal with that type of anxiety but I am also glad to hear that you are slowly facing your fear and conquering it one step at a time.

However, when I read "I just tense up really bad and make a grunting noise" it made me spit out my drink due to laughter. I am glad that you have a sense of humor about it.

Yeah, we were cracking up at the ride photo, which I will post later.

Bairstow

From memory, the JP drop feels steeper. To be honest though, you can't really compare, because when you're at the top you're just thinking about the drop and not how many ft it is.

Actually I'm usually thinking about the giant Tyrranosaur trying to eat my face.
Jurassic Park's drop doesn't seem so bad because you're "escaping" something worse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom