Splash Mountain closing for annual refurbishment in January 2014

MerlinTheGoat

Honestly I totally can see a day in the future where they justify it's permanent closure.
If company perceptions don't change eventually in time to stop it, indeed it could happen. It's really not an out of this world possibility. Nothing is safe in this climate. Especially if bean counters like Iger and his gang are allowed to remain running the company and continue to waste billions on idiotic money scams. Again, THEY HAVE DONE THINGS LIKE THIS BEFORE. The decimation of Future World and slashing of maintenance crews among so many other actions have shown what they think of the parks.

Tonka's Skipper

proof?.......bus drivers don't count! opinions are fine, but this rumor. Delays in construction, refubs can be explained in many other ways, change in plans, design, delays in material, unexpected problems.

The Dwarf train did not take as long at some think. When they started construction on FL and people complained, they made a total redesign of the new FL including the 7DT. This meant stopping all work on the 7DT and redesign the entire attraction from the underground up!

Then add that they built this major attraction in the middle of FL, not to one side, thereby making the construction a lot harder and time consuming. Yes it took a long time, but there were reasons for the long time!. However you don't benefit from a new attraction until you get the thing open!

As to Horizons, it lost it's sponsor GE and had low ridership and as much as I loved that attraction they closed it for those reasons and built a new one, Mission Space.

World of Motion was another of my favorites, but again low ridership and GM wanted a new attraction, Test Track.

Seems if they wanted to save money they just would have left them there or just tore them down

Imagination another low ridership......mostly because Disney messed with it to much and it needs a total new attraction, hopefully with Figment and Dreamfinder.

None of these attraction fit the topic..

I know your rumor sounds good to put down Disney, but there is no fact!

AKK

Last edited:

Seth7721

That will be the day I cancel my Annual pass, and never go to Disney again. That is my favorite ride there. If Disney shuts it down they can expect a lot of backlash.

MerlinTheGoat

proof?.......bus drivers don't count! opinions are fine, but this rumor. Delays in construction, refubs can be explained in many other ways, change in plans, design, delays in material, unexpected problems.

The Dwarf train did not take as long at some think. When they started construction on FL and people complained, they made a total redesign of the new FL including the 7DT. This meant stopping all work on the 7DT and redesign the entire attraction from the underground up!

Then add that they built this major attraction in the middle of FL, not to one side, thereby making the construction a lot harder and time consuming. Yes it took a long time, but there were reasons for the long time!. However you don't benefit from a new attraction until you get the thing open!

As to Horizons, it lost it's sponsor GE and had low ridership and as much as I loved that attraction they closed it for those reasons and built a new one, Mission Space.

World of Motion was another of my favorites, but again low ridership and GM wanted a new attraction, Test Track.

Seems if they wanted to save money they just would have left them there or just tore them down

Imagination another low ridership......mostly because Disney messed with it to much and it needs a total new attraction, hopefully with Figment and Dreamfinder.

None of these attraction fit the topic..

I know your rumor sounds good to put down Disney, but there is no fact!
The Mine Train was actually apparently part of the original expansion before the Tremaine Chateau and Pixie Hollow version came about. You can ask Lee for more details but I recall him and other insiders here stating this, the chateau version was likely an attempt to cut costs until they finally decided to include the coaster in the final version. Not a bus driver rumor. It's quite bloody obvious from just plain common sense (based on what both Universal is able to accomplish now as well as what Disney USED to be able to pull off) that the Mine Train is taking too long. Disney themselves have accomplished infinitely greater things while working around obstacles inside parks in far less time and with immensely less money (even adjusted for inflation). If you're going to diss insiders here who have proven themselves too many times to list, then go ahead and call it bus driver info and continue living in that Fantasy Land (just realize that the Fantasy Land you're living in was value engineered and STILL not complete after well over 3 years of construction time).

Meanwhile up at Universal, Diagon Alley is just about complete and effectively "began" when Jaws closed in early 2012 (they had a lot more work in order to clear a place than New Fantasyland, which had very little left to clean up from 20k Leagues). They also built Transformers in no time flat despite also being in the middle of a functioning park. At this rate the upcoming King Kong ride will be finished well before Avatar too (which I gather hasn't begun any substantial construction progress yet), and that also has a park to work around as well. There's something very obviously wrong with the way Disney is handling construction time and budgets, especially given the quality of the final products.

As for your claims about waning popularity for EPCOT rides, Imagination 1.0 was manipulated by park ops to make it seem to have waning popularity. It was quite common during the mid 90's to see cast members leading people away from the ride and shuffling guests over to the 3D movie instead. You can again ask people like Lee or Martin about these actions, but it was done due to the operating costs the ride commanded, and the waning attendance levels caused by intentional manipulation were used in the corporate ranks as an excuse to gut it and replace it with a ride that cost far less to run. When left to its own devices, Imagination was quite a popular ride. And even with that manipulation it still commanded infinitely more people than the absolute abysmal failure of the current version which most people know to avoid like the plague. Horizons and World of Motion also likely suffered from similar fates to some extent. I am aware that GM wanted a new ride in place of World of Motion, but it was Disney's fault the new ride wasn't as good from a show perspective (early concept art for WoM also actually depicted a Test Track like thrill ride accompanying the main attraction). Horizons was apparently going to get a makeover like SSE's 94 refurb until they decided to reformat it into a glorified space spinner. And i'm not even sure why they shut down Wonders of Life.

There's an unfortunate and completely BS argument going around that EPCOT was in some sort of dire trouble due to guests not liking it. Some even have said it was a failure even when it originally opened and no one ever liked it in the first place (claims it was a financial disaster). Couldn't be more wrong. Even in the 90's (until they began manipulating traffic for rides shortly prior to the park's Gemini devastation), crowds close in size to THIS during some of the busier seasons were quite common-

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/look-how-crowded-future-world-used-to-be.875245/

That video was taken in 1989 (when the park and its classics were already established and older), but there were plenty of times when those rides continued to command similar crowds throughout the early-mid 90's, before park ops began manipulating the crowds away from them. That video is also quite a testament to just how loved these rides were despite the false claims people have levied towards the park. All of Future World's classic rides were massively efficient on crowds, very long continuously moving omnimovers that ate through masses of people like they were nothing and kept lines moving incredibly quickly. The fact that these rides still got those huge crowds despite the incredible capacity and efficiency of all those rides is truly impressive and says a lot. This was also well before Fastpass was created (which artificially inflates lines to several times what they should be), and when Future World had multiple great rides to absorb and spread out crowds well.

The reality for park guests is quite different than what the manipulated data seemed to indicate to the non park-going corporate leaders. There are a few simple facts that reasons their replacements get the lines they have now is due to, 1- the advent of Fastpass which has been shown to manipulate ride lengths to several times what they normally would be (the wait time for Mermaid with and without Fastpass has been mentioned here on multiple occasions), 2- the rides in general are nowhere close to being as efficient or high capacity as any of the classic Future World rides, and 3- the options for quality rides at Future World has become incredibly limited with the 90's purge (there aren't enough popular and quality rides to help even distribute crowds). If Soarin were capable of the same capacity and efficiency as the likes of the classic Future World rides (as well as a lack of fastpass along with a buffer of alternative quality ride choices in the park), you'd not be nearly as impressed with the sort of lines it commands.

Last edited:

Tonka's Skipper

The Mine Train was actually apparently part of the original expansion before the Tremaine Chateau and Pixie Hollow version came about. You can ask Lee for more details but I recall him and other insiders here stating this, the chateau version was likely an attempt to cut costs until they finally decided to include the coaster in the final version. Not a bus driver rumor. It's quite bloody obvious from just plain common sense (based on what both Universal is able to accomplish now as well as what Disney USED to be able to pull off) that the Mine Train is taking too long. Disney themselves have accomplished infinitely greater things while working around obstacles inside parks in far less time and with immensely less money (even adjusted for inflation). If you're going to diss insiders here who have proven themselves too many times to list, then go ahead and call it bus driver info and continue living in that Fantasy Land (just realize that the Fantasy Land you're living in was value engineered and STILL not complete after well over 3 years of construction time).

Meanwhile up at Universal, Diagon Alley is just about complete and effectively "began" when Jaws closed in early 2012 (they had a lot more work in order to clear a place than New Fantasyland, which had very little left to clean up from 20k Leagues). They also built Transformers in no time flat despite also being in the middle of a functioning park. At this rate the upcoming King Kong ride will be finished well before Avatar too (which I gather hasn't begun any substantial construction progress yet), and that also has a park to work around as well. There's something very obviously wrong with the way Disney is handling construction time and budgets, especially given the quality of the final products.

As for your claims about waning popularity for EPCOT rides, Imagination 1.0 was manipulated by park ops to make it seem to have waning popularity. It was quite common during the mid 90's to see cast members leading people away from the ride and shuffling guests over to the 3D movie instead. You can again ask people like Lee or Martin about these actions, but it was done due to the operating costs the ride commanded, and the waning attendance levels caused by intentional manipulation were used in the corporate ranks as an excuse to gut it and replace it with a ride that cost far less to run. When left to its own devices, Imagination was quite a popular ride. And even with that manipulation it still commanded infinitely more people than the absolute abysmal failure of the current version which most people know to avoid like the plague. Horizons and World of Motion also likely suffered from similar fates to some extent. I am aware that GM wanted a new ride in place of World of Motion, but it was Disney's fault the new ride wasn't as good from a show perspective (early concept art for WoM also actually depicted a Test Track like thrill ride accompanying the main attraction). Horizons was apparently going to get a makeover like SSE's 94 refurb until they decided to reformat it into a glorified space spinner. And i'm not even sure why they shut down Wonders of Life.

There's an unfortunate and completely BS argument going around that EPCOT was in some sort of dire trouble due to guests not liking it. Some even have said it was a failure even when it originally opened and no one ever liked it in the first place (claims it was a financial disaster). Couldn't be more wrong. Even in the 90's (until they began manipulating traffic for rides shortly prior to the park's Gemini devastation), crowds close in size to THIS during some of the busier seasons were quite common-

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/look-how-crowded-future-world-used-to-be.875245/

That video was taken in 1989 (when the park and its classics were already established and older), but there were plenty of times when those rides continued to command similar crowds throughout the early-mid 90's, before park ops began manipulating the crowds away from them. That video is also quite a testament to just how loved these rides were despite the false claims people have levied towards the park. All of Future World's classic rides were massively efficient on crowds, very long continuously moving omnimovers that ate through masses of people like they were nothing and kept lines moving incredibly quickly. The fact that these rides still got those huge crowds despite the incredible capacity and efficiency of all those rides is truly impressive and says a lot. This was also well before Fastpass was created (which artificially inflates lines to several times what they should be), and when Future World had multiple great rides to absorb and spread out crowds well.

The reality for park guests is quite different than what the manipulated data seemed to indicate to the non park-going corporate leaders. There are a few simple facts that reasons their replacements get the lines they have now is due to, 1- the advent of Fastpass which has been shown to manipulate ride lengths to several times what they normally would be (the wait time for Mermaid with and without Fastpass has been mentioned here on multiple occasions), 2- the rides in general are nowhere close to being as efficient or high capacity as any of the classic Future World rides, and 3- the options for quality rides at Future World has become incredibly limited with the 90's purge (there aren't enough popular and quality rides to help even distribute crowds). If Soarin were capable of the same capacity and efficiency as the likes of the classic Future World rides (as well as a lack of fastpass along with a buffer of alternative quality ride choices in the park), you'd not be nearly as impressed with the sort of lines it commands.

You are of course entitled to your opinions, and they are that....not facts, and we are discussing under the guise of a refub, losing a attraction just to save money, for which you have not proved anything.

As to your other points:

The facts are that World of Motion, Horizon and Imagination were high volume attractions but the people were not riding the attractions, toward to the end of Horizons and World of motion, and imagination, there was never more then a 5 minute line when we where there........no denying that fact. Maybe during Xmas and Easter they were busier, but not during the majority of the rest of the year. EI why they shut them down, just like other major parks do.

As to Disney and the Iger years. I agree, Iger has messed up ..FP has big issues and he has held off on new attractions.........hopefully based on the last 2 years and new additions in the works, things have been improved.

AKK

Last edited:

Figment2005

Transformers is a copied attraction from Hollywood inside of a warehouse. Easy to understand why it was completed so fast. Diagon Alley is not completed yet and is set for a summer opening I believe. (Correct me if I'm wrong please) I am also curious as to when both additions broke ground, as I feel they have been relatively similar on timeframes. I know that both Minetrain and Diagon Alley are detailed but I still feel that the amount of rock work is a primary reason it is taking this long. Diagon Alley in its simplest form is nothing more than a city facade hiding 2 attractions. Oh, and a big dragon of course.

Tonka's Skipper

Figment, I totally agree. Many of Uni's rides are just that square box buildings, reused and often using the same tracks inside.

As I pointed out before, &DMT was not actually started(broke ground again) until a year or so after the rest of NFL was started.

discos

And we know for a fact Disney likes to spread big projects over numerous fiscal periods which is lately why the projects have been taking so long. We all know DIsney CAN build quicker they just choose not to.

Getting back on track with Splash, maybe for a part of the closure they did shut down to save on operating costs but weren't there workers working on the ride pretty much non stop throughout the refurb period? I mean I can believe how much work there was to do seeing how before the refurb last year, the ride was pretty much left operating to rot. The true test with all these theories will be to wait until next year and see how long that refurb is. If its longer than the usual couple week maintenance on it then maybe they are extending refurb periods to save on operating costs.

articos

Many of Uni's rides are just that square box buildings, reused and often using the same tracks inside.
Not the case.

Separately, just to put this to rest, Splash was not let go down due to budget. It was a scheduled maintenance period, and it was scheduled according to the needs of the maintenance needing to be done.

MerlinTheGoat

You are of course entitled to your opinions, and they are that....not facts.
Not really, there has been a lot of talk from insiders such as Lee and Martin that Imagination at the very least was manipulated into seeming like attendance dropped. You're free to not believe them of course, but it was indeed common to see cast members herding people away from the ride and to the 3D movie instead (they've always had issues with Imagination version 1, it's original opening was apparently delayed at least partially because of the complicated nature of the flight into imagination carousel and ride vehicle synchronization). It's well known how maintenance heavy the ride was, it shouldn't come as any surprise that park ops wanted it and other show heavy rides like it gone. It's common sense, especially with what ended up replacing these rides (with a severe lack of decent show scenes and a complete lack of animatronic figures or elaborate set pieces). I've again given you three very good reasons those rides didn't usually get huge lines, but it wasn't exactly unheard of to see these sort of crowds regardless even later on in the mid 90's and not specifically on holidays.

The fact that maintenance continues to suffer all over the parks should be a massive hint that the executives hate having to actually run these rides. They see the rides as the nuisance required for them to sell hotel rooms and merchandise, and since '94 there has been a never ending trend of cutting park maintenance budgets wherever possible (and it's only escalated since, no signs of slowing down especially now that they have to cover up the money pit caused by nextgen).

Not the case.

Separately, just to put this to rest, Splash was not let go down due to budget. It was a scheduled maintenance period, and it was scheduled according to the needs of the maintenance needing to be done.
Good to know, thanks. I'm sure they couldn't have gotten to all the necessary underlying work with last year's refurb (which was pretty short and didn't look like it really got into the mechanical aspects, seemed more to address show issues).

Last edited:

MerlinTheGoat

Rode it today. Everything was working! It's been a long time since I've seen so much movement in the AA
I'm glad to hear that, hope it's still looking nice by the time I have a chance to visit. Planning to go sometime in either April or May, here's hoping the ride is still in show ready form by then.

So far no one has taken any videos of the ride post-refurb. I gather it still was looking pretty decent from last year's overhaul but I'm wondering if they addressed the water effects in the Laughing Place.

Tonka's Skipper

Not the case.

1. look at the studios buildings and it shows your wrong! I did not say all the buildings.

2. I agreed, that has been my point from the beginning. Mr. Merlin is the one saying Disney closes down attractions to save money on the budget.

Tonka's Skipper

Not really, there has been a lot of talk from insiders such as Lee and Martin that Imagination at the very least was manipulated into seeming like attendance dropped. You're free to not believe them of course, but it was indeed common to see cast members herding people away from the ride and to the 3D movie instead (they've always had issues with Imagination version 1, it's original opening was apparently delayed at least partially because of the complicated nature of the flight into imagination carousel and ride vehicle synchronization). It's well known how maintenance heavy the ride was, it shouldn't come as any surprise that park ops wanted it and other show heavy rides like it gone. It's common sense, especially with what ended up replacing these rides (with a severe lack of decent show scenes and a complete lack of animatronic figures or elaborate set pieces). I've again given you three very good reasons those rides didn't usually get huge lines, but it wasn't exactly unheard of to see these sort of crowds regardless even later on in the mid 90's and not specifically on holidays.

The fact that maintenance continues to suffer all over the parks should be a massive hint that the executives hate having to actually run these rides. They see the rides as the nuisance required for them to sell hotel rooms and merchandise, and since '94 there has been a never ending trend of cutting park maintenance budgets wherever possible (and it's only escalated since, no signs of slowing down especially now that they have to cover up the money pit caused by nextgen).

Good to know, thanks. I'm sure they couldn't have gotten to all the necessary underlying work with last year's refurb (which was pretty short and didn't look like it really got into the mechanical aspects, seemed more to address show issues).

1. So Disney intentionally sabotaged Imagination to be able to close it down years later? Right......at best opinion and IMO opinion silly.

2. I agree Iger has cut maintenance as I have said many times in the board............but the discussion points here is that they were intentionally leaving a highly popular, high capacity and highlyattended attraction shut down to save money.

You have no details on the maintenance requirements, condition, the mechanics or computers systems that run the attraction, so your statement on when and how the attraction needs to be worked on is just opinion. Their is no facts and there is no logic to it.

MerlinTheGoat

It's well known on this board that management sabotaged Imagination's attendance. Again you can ask @Lee or @marni1971 about the details, they're quite credible and aren't ones to lie about things like this. I don't know whether other attractions suffered from the same fate, but it would not surprise me whatsoever. And if you're referring to a lack of details regarding Imagination's maintenance, the flight into imagination carousel scene has always given them trouble and was supposedly one of the factors causing the ride's opening to be delayed. Makes perfect sense, I can see a million problems with synchronizing that sequence to the cars that had to follow it around. Especially when the ride was forced to stop or slow down suddenly. That's not even getting into the many show scene elements.

Splash Mountain is quite obviously a VERY maintenance heavy attraction, it takes very little thought to see this and one needs no specific details to imagine that it costs a lot more money and work than other lesser rides to keep it in show ready condition. I can assure you that any park ops not dedicated to quality for the guest and wanting to save cash (in other words most if not all of the people running WDW right now) would love nothing more than for the ride not to exist and have an excuse to either close it for long periods or for good. It's a boat based ride with multiple lift hills and drops, all of which require a lot of attention from the maintenance crews just to remain safe. The ride is notorious for breaking down incredibly often (including when it was new) likely because the sensors are so easy to trip (makes a lot of sense given that the vehicles aren't always as closely tethered to a track like most other rides). The cost of having to continually pump water through has to be substantial. And the ride uses a TON of elaborate show elements, particularly an immense quantity of detailed and well articulated audio animatronic figures throughout. The constant flow of water only further compounds the deterioration the ride goes through compared to a comparably dry attraction. Mold, rot, rust, etc etc are all going to wreak havoc and very quickly on ALL the components of the ride whether they be show elements or mechanical aspects.

Tonka's Skipper

It's well known on this board that management sabotaged Imagination's attendance. Again you can ask @Lee or @marni1971 about the details, they're quite credible and aren't ones to lie about things like this. I don't know whether other attractions suffered from the same fate, but it would not surprise me whatsoever. And if you're referring to a lack of details regarding Imagination's maintenance, the flight into imagination carousel scene has always given them trouble and was supposedly one of the factors causing the ride's opening to be delayed. Makes perfect sense, I can see a million problems with synchronizing that sequence to the cars that had to follow it around. Especially when the ride was forced to stop or slow down suddenly. That's not even getting into the many show scene elements.

Splash Mountain is quite obviously a VERY maintenance heavy attraction, it takes very little thought to see this and one needs no specific details to imagine that it costs a lot more money and work than other lesser rides to keep it in show ready condition. I can assure you that any park ops not dedicated to quality for the guest and wanting to save cash (in other words most if not all of the people running WDW right now) would love nothing more than for the ride not to exist and have an excuse to either close it for long periods or for good. It's a boat based ride with multiple lift hills and drops, all of which require a lot of attention from the maintenance crews just to remain safe. The ride is notorious for breaking down incredibly often (including when it was new) likely because the sensors are so easy to trip (makes a lot of sense given that the vehicles aren't always as closely tethered to a track like most other rides). The cost of having to continually pump water through has to be substantial. And the ride uses a TON of elaborate show elements, particularly an immense quantity of detailed and well articulated audio animatronic figures throughout. The constant flow of water only further compounds the deterioration the ride goes through compared to a comparably dry attraction. Mold, rot, rust, etc etc are all going to wreak havoc and very quickly on ALL the components of the ride whether they be show elements or mechanical aspects.

Fine....whatever you want to say...they ententionally trash there own attractions ...all opinion, but your right to say it!..........

You missed to point on Imagination, you know nothing about the condition of the attraction over the years, whether there was problem to a simple timing and positioning of the cars, or show elements. Or their maintenance programs. All you have said is *I CAN SEE*. Imagination is nothing new to techno, the systems have been around for decades.

As to Slash all the facts I pointed out earlier and add the problems of leaving a complex attraction dead for a few months a, which cause very expensive start up costs. All big reason not to let it lay closed.

Still, just opinion no documentation.

we can continue to go back and forth, its just not a believable.

AKK

As to statements like *This board well knows* and *we all know*, first not everyone here agrees with your statements and centuries ago everyone knew the world was flat.,

AKK

Last edited:

MerlinTheGoat

Fine....whatever you want to say...they ententionally trash there own attractions ....your opinion..........

no fact just opinion.

AKK
It's absolutely fact, they have done it before. 20k Leagues under the Sea was yet another attraction well known to have been shut down because the park ops didn't want to pay for maintenance, sans a real replacement for almost two decades (the replacements of which pretty much no one are satisfied with that know what was there before). Is this really hard for you to grasp that park ops find the parks and their rides a nuisance? The epidemic cuts in maintenance crews and budgets begun during the latter half of the Eisner era (continued and further escalated by Iger) should be a huge eye opener to how they view the quality of upkeep in the parks. The same thing happened at Disneyland during the later Eisner years (soon safety became compromised in the cuts) until he apparently cracked down on the park ops and appointed Matt Ouimet to clean the place up. And Disneyland is far from the only park to suffer safety problems. Prior to its refurb last year, concrete rockwork was falling in the loading area of Splash Mountain due to lax maintenance (it's only luck that caused it not to hit anyone). Similar close call with the tree of life at AK.

The second floor of Imagination continues to be unused as of the second version of the ride, and Wonders of Life in its entirety has been completely shut down for years now only to be used for convention space (and the Odyssey restaurant). Plus the Diamond Horseshoe. River Country has been abandoned for years now (and Discovery Island). It should not come as a shock or be swept under the rug as some kind of unfounded opinion that executives are not a fan of the maintenance and operation of attractions inside the parks...

Last edited:

Tonka's Skipper

It's absolutely fact, they have done it before. 20k Leagues under the Sea was yet another attraction well known to have been shut down because the park ops didn't want to pay for maintenance, sans a real replacement for almost two decades (the replacements of which pretty much no one are satisfied with that know what was there before). Is this really hard for you to grasp that park ops find the parks and their rides a nuisance? The epidemic cuts in maintenance crews and budgets begun during the latter half of the Eisner era (continued and further escalated by Iger) should be a huge eye opener to how they view the quality of upkeep in the parks. The same thing happened at Disneyland during the later Eisner years (soon safety became compromised in the cuts) until he apparently cracked down on the park ops and appointed Matt Ouimet to clean the place up. And Disneyland is far from the only park to suffer safety problems. Prior to its refurb last year, concrete rockwork was falling in the loading area of Splash Mountain due to lax maintenance (it's only luck that caused it not to hit anyone). Similar close call with the tree of life at AK.

The second floor of Imagination continues to be unused as of the second version of the ride, and Wonders of Life in its entirety has been completely shut down for years now only to be used for convention space (and the Odyssey restaurant). Plus the Diamond Horseshoe. River Country has been abandoned for years now (and Discovery Island). It should not come as a shock or be swept under the rug as some kind of unfounded opinion that executives are not a fan of the maintenance and operation of attractions inside the parks...

The fact that 20 k and the dl sub attraction was at the end of thier life span and required new subs, and a totally new show, is not sabotaging the attraction by closing it down, they decided they didn't want to spend the money to replace it........NOT THE SAME THING as letting a attraction sit closed.

It also proved a mistake as the fans told Disney very loudly, so loud, they had to change the plans and build a new Sub ride at DL.

The maintenance cuts really started with Iger. Eisner was a big supported of WDW

To decide to close attractions like horizon, world of motion, river country, discovery island due to low attendance is also far different from sabotaging them. I am a child of the 1964/65 Worlds Fair and a big fan of the Horizon and World of Motion , but facts are facts, the attractions had very low ridership the last few years they were open, even when open only part time. Again very different from saying they closed splash to save operating money. River country closed because there were 2 big water parks.

Again nothing about the topic, in the way of documented proof od Disney saying they close Slash mountain to save operating money???

AKK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom