Splash Mountain Appreciation Thread

DisneyFanatic12

As Yensid already said, there are 17 new characters, not 17 animatronics in total. You've also got the returning characters including Tiana, Naveen, Louis, Mama Odie, Charlotte, Big Daddy LeBouf, Eudora, the King and Queen and Naveen's little brother. And a number of these characters (both returning and new) will also get multiple copies throughout the ride. Especially the main trio of Tiana, Naveen and Louis. I expect they alone will probably have at least 3-4 figures each. The animal figures seen in the concept art I believe were all confirmed to be part of the 17 new ones. I don't believe any are reskins of Splash figures.

That said, I was also told that they would be reusing the America Sings figures as well (WDW as well I assume, at least the ones that we ended up getting copies of). They seem to be keeping this a bit quiet. But in one of the pieces of art, you can spot the old possums hanging from the ceiling as a shadowy silhouette. A lot of these figures would be fairly straightforward to insert into the new ride with relatively minor changes (maybe some different clothing here and there).

I don't know the exact amount of animatronics the ride will have. But the basic gist is that fans of rides with large AA populations should be happy about that part. I was initially very concerned that this would be another empty ride with maybe a dozen or so AA's and wall to wall video screens. But I was assured that this wouldn't be the case and that it would be a classic AA-heavy experience, the likes of which they haven't done in decades. We'll see, though the pieces of artwork do contain hints that this claim is accurate. Not that there won't be any screens, but it seems like they're going to be used in a more tasteful and supplementary "effects" sort of way rather than in place of physical scenery/characters. I was even told that the AA faces would be mechanical, not projected.
That would be amazing if it comes to fruition!

Club Cooloholic

I think I would have ridden it more if they could figure out a way to not get wet lol. My kids never wanted to ride it because of that. If you ride it early you are wet all day, late at night you are riding home on the bus, train or car wet so never seems a good time.

Last edited:

Musical Mermaid

I think I would have ridden it more if they could figure out a way to not get wet lol. My kids never wanted to ride it because of that. If you bride it early you are wet all day, late at night you are riding home on the bus, train or car wet so never seems a good time.
I'd only get a lot of water on me when they had the big water blasters turned on for the final drop, otherwise for many of its later years, it wasn't that bad, whether I was in the front or back (back was better though). It wasn't getting people soaked the way it was with everything turned on and functioning. I was completely dry within half an hour.

Club Cooloholic

I'd only get a lot of water on me when they had the big water blasters turned on for the final drop, otherwise for many of its later years, it wasn't that bad, whether I was in the front or back (back was better though). It wasn't getting people soaked the way it was with everything turned on and functioning. I was completely dry within half an hour.
I didn't know they had water blasters! However it comes back, they should consider having those in play say 11AM to dusk, then turn them off.

𝕴𝖒𝖆𝖌𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖊𝖗97

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I didn't know they had water blasters! However it comes back, they should consider having those in play say 11AM to dusk, then turn them off.
They also had a water cannon that would shoot forward to specifically target those on the bridge and circling the front of the drop. It wouldn’t go off every time (maybe every three boats dropping down), but that was always the most stressful part of the ride for me—because if it got you, you were soaked before the second lift hill!

Smiley/OCD

Actually, those water cannons weren’t that bad because they were sort of random as to whether you got hit…to me, the worst water “effect” is after the big drop and you wind around heading to the paddle boat. There’s a waterfall on the right and it ALWAYS seems that the logs pile up there as you get drenched by that waterfall.

zipadee999

If your lucky to find the Dreamcast, Gameboy, Ps1 or PC version of WDW Magical Racing Tour (The Mario Kart style racer) you can always enjoy racing it.

In that thumbnail Mickey looks like a 40 year old dad who’s been trapped in the car driving to Disney with his screaming family for 3 days from Wisconsin.

Grimley1968

What a great ride this was. I always loved the beginning of the ride, sort of dreaded the drop (but Imagineering was fantastic in amping up that dread), then enjoyed the drop, and immensely enjoyed the extra scenes after the drop. Most log flume rides pretty much end with the drop and you get out seconds later. This ride seemed like the "extras" after the drop were as substantive as what preceded the drop. RIP Splash.

Cmdr_Crimson

In that thumbnail Mickey looks like a 40 year old dad who’s been trapped in the car driving to Disney with his screaming family for 3 days from Wisconsin.
The character is named Bruno Biggs..In the instruction book they introduce the characters..
20230629_095248.jpg

JIMINYCR

From our very first trip to our last, Splash was one of a few rides that I never could get enough of. I would plan on multiple ride throughs on our MK days. Ive always mentioned on various posts that Splash gave the riding guest so much variety of things to see, hear and experience, probably more than ony other attraction. You had music, so many different animatronics, story telling, and the thrill of the drop preceded by the vultures warning. And no matter how long of a wait in line you had, it was worth it because it the ride gave you so much and lasted longer than any other.
Ive been disappointed in Dis taking away various things and Ive accepted change, for good and bad, but having the demise of Splash hurts more than any other time. so glad we got to experience it so many years and so many times. Shame on you Disney for buckling under and not holding fast to something weve all loved dearly.

erasure fan1

From our very first trip to our last, Splash was one of a few rides that I never could get enough of. I would plan on multiple ride throughs on our MK days.
Yup. No one in our group would ever get tired of it. I remember during E nights, the guy asked if we wanted to go again. Of course we said yes, and they sent us through again. We rode at least 5 or 6 times in a row with out getting out of the log. Good times, good times.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

17 “original” ones, to be exact. Not a ton considering it had 63, but it could technically have 80 now, I guess. I’m sure it’ll have something along the lines of 20. They’re expensive to maintain and hard to keep working. But I’m hoping the sheer number of animatronics will be as impressive as it was for Splash!

(I am a little nervous of how it could be budget cut, as they seemed to of hedged their bet… if the funding is reduced they might just reskin some of the old ones. This concept art they released looks an awful lot like one of the old Splash ones)View attachment 727181
God I hate how boring this turtle looks.

As Yensid already said, there are 17 new characters, not 17 animatronics in total. You've also got the returning characters including Tiana, Naveen, Louis, Mama Odie, Charlotte, Big Daddy LeBouf, Eudora, the King and Queen and Naveen's little brother. And a number of these characters (both returning and new) will also get multiple copies throughout the ride. Especially the main trio of Tiana, Naveen and Louis. I expect they alone will probably have at least 3-4 figures each. The animal figures seen in the concept art I believe were all confirmed to be part of the 17 new ones. I don't believe any are reskins of Splash figures.
Do you think they have plans on making animatronics out of the characters shown in the painting of the crown being placed on the water tower? I feel like it'd be silly to have them be solely relegated to a supplementary piece of media but then again guests probably aren't as familiar with them as the chefs from the film.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom