Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain Refurb?

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
From MiceChat:

ky032210e.jpg

Thought I recognized that pic....I just went to add it to this post and I see that you beat me to it. I've got a couple others that I haven't uploaded to any sites...I'll look for them.

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
Were Space and Splash down at the same time during Space's substantial refurbishment?

I don't believe so. If I remember correctly, Space went down right after Easter, which would have been after Splash reopened. Space then reopened in either late November or early December, before Splash went down again.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
This picture was taken (in 1976) just prior to the taking the first, as I was getting off the railroad. I remember waiting quite a while to get the next train pulling into the station. After exiting I took the one that was posted earlier (from MiceChat)
picture.php

This pic was also taken in 1976, on a different day. That's my grandmother and my sister posing for the picture (sadly, both are gone now).

picture.php

janoimagine

It does seem excessive, but I wouldn't complain. I have absolutely zero problems for a ride going down for a refurb, especially the 3 that are rumored, given the shape they are in. Bring out the walls!

Well said. They all need a lot of love to get them back to 'Disney' standard.

janoimagine

I definitely agree with this, but I'm also not the one that would be dealing with guest complaints.

While I agree that this would be a headache for Guest Relations ... to me the burden should be on the consumer ... Do your homework. You wouldn't go on a cruise during Hurricane Season?.? Look into where your heading to see what is happening, if your going to be spending that kind of money to go on vacation then do a little legwork and plan it around the projected refurbs. The mentality that refurbs ruin vacations has to go away ... the consumer needs to start getting a little smarter and learn to think for themselves, espically in this day and age where information is so easily accesable. IMHO. :D

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
While I agree that this would be a headache for Guest Relations ... to me the burden should be on the consumer ... Do your homework. You wouldn't go on a cruise during Hurricane Season?.? Look into where your heading to see what is happening, if your going to be spending that kind of money to go on vacation then do a little legwork and plan it around the projected refurbs. The mentality that refurbs ruin vacations has to go away ... the consumer needs to start getting a little smarter and learn to think for themselves, espically in this day and age where information is so easily accesable. IMHO. :D
This should happen right after we have honest politicians and news shows that actually report facts. It is ironic that will all of the different sources of information we have at out finger tips, the average consumer seems dumber than ever.:lol:

NMBC1993

I for one am all for a refurb of Splash and BTMR at the same time. I've been saying for a while now that TDO is wasting their money making sure that everyone is SO entertained with their interactive queue lines that they are neglecting the attractions themselves. Last time I checked BTMR still has tarps in the last lift and some effects still don't work properly. If I was the one funding these interactive projects I would think to myself "Lets see...bad show...or touch screens? I'm going to go with the bad show":brick:

janoimagine

This should happen right after we have honest politicians and news shows that actually report facts. It is ironic that will all of the different sources of information we have at out finger tips, the average consumer seems dumber than ever.:lol:

Oh the irony .... We can dream of a smarter society ... can't we? :lol:

pegsina

I'm all for refurbs too. Was there about 3 weeks ago and BTMR didn't look too bad to me, but Splash was a disaster. Riding first thing in the AM, there was NO SOUND at all. Really eerie with all the mouths moving but no music or soundtrack.

And I'm surprised that little kids aren;t having nightmares from the riverboat scene at the end. Two of the birds are keeled over and look dead everytime I rode over 10 days!!!

janoimagine

It is possible. Some people on fan boards wish that we were more like Disneyland in terms of upkeep, and this is how they do things over there. Look at the current/upcoming refurb schedule at DL and you will see that they have no problem closing multiple big tickets at the same time.

I think it is more than a possibility right now. I was just sent a message from an extremely reliable source within GM and WDI has 3 Imagineers doing a last minute walkthrough tour of the design center in Warren, Michigan tomorrow afternoon (9/7/11). I will see if I can get the names of the imagineers. This would lend even more credibility to the rumor that Test Track is getting its much needed overhaul and refurb.

janoimagine

Its actually more than three, I am looking at the list now ... its a total of 9, ranging from Post Show Design to Architect, Graphic Designer, Design Administrator, Interactive Designer, Ect. Very exciting indeed. :D

captainkidd

No way will we ever see 2 of the 3 mountains closed at the same time. At least, not on purpose. There's maintenance and upkeep which is great, but then there's just asking for trouble. You close 2 of the 3 mountains down at the same time, the people who don't read these boards (which is about 95%-99% of all visitors) will be carrying pitchforks and torches down to Guest Relations.

I was in Disney at the Beginning of August and Splash was in a bit of bad shape, some of the AAs weren't working and on one occasions one of the AA on the boat in the last scene was down. I mean lying ko'd on the ground. Also what's the deal with the splash. I went on it about 4 or 5 times in my trip and came of almost dry. I then proceeded to laugh about the t-shirts saying things about being drenched and I felt like I wasn't even on a water ride.

WojoDPW

It's sad to hear of the poor condition in which two of my favorite MK rides are in. When I first read on the thread that it was a January 2012 refurb, I was relieved as my trip is in early December, but knowing that I should expect Splash Mountain in shambles when I get there is incredibly disappointing. Hopefully they can work to have some of these issues figured out before they get busy around Christmas.

Tooning

I like that they are doing a refurb however I do still hope tey would be done before the end of my trip in March as these are 2 of our favourite rides.(Unless its cold then refurb Splah MOuntain As Much as you want lol)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom