Splash Mounain Hardware

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I went to Magic Kingdom yesterday and either Splash mountain was broken, closed or stalling on the ride. Is the ride not done or they just dont make things the way they used to.

SMRT-1

1253637561-admiral_ackbar.jpg

MUTZIE77

Every ride will go down at some point during the day, how serious and for how long nobody knows. Rides cant operate at their peak efficiency all day long. You just have to roll with it.

BrerFrog

Looks like Brer Fox and Brer Bear are causing some kind of commotion downstream...

(Great pic by the way SMRT-1)

Oh man, I hate when that happens. It really harms the experience since whenever both of them are causing a commotion you will be stuck on a lot of scenes during the ride.

Cynderella

My understanding, based on comments surrounding the future installation of lapbars, is that guests standing/climbing out of boats is the cause of much of Splash's downtime.

It amazes me that people would even be that stupid to think about doing that...but alas...:brick:

Brian

Oh man, I hate when that happens. It really harms the experience since whenever both of them are causing a commotion you will be stuck on a lot of scenes during the ride.
Hey some college kids in the boat behind me last visit took off their shirts and they had to use the PA to yell at them to put them back on. It really ruined the experience, not for me, but for some others in the boat with me.

Master Gracey 5

Hey some college kids in the boat behind me last visit took off their shirts and they had to use the PA to yell at them to put them back on. It really ruined the experience, not for me, but for some others in the boat with me.

Perhaps those college students partook in some of Brer Frog's moonshine down in the laughin' place.

BrerFrog

Never doubt the stupidity of the average human. One has to look no further than youtube to see how incredibly stupid people can be.:lol:

Speaking of stupidity: my CP was at The Barnstormer and more than twice during my two-month program I witnessed some mothers lifting their kids over the fence that is close to the coaster track as you arrive at the loading platform in order to let their kids play in the sand!!

Yes, they willingly placed their kids pratically in front of an incoming coaster train. :brick:

Brian

Never doubt the stupidity of the average human. One has to look no further than youtube to see how incredibly stupid people can be.
Speaking of stupidity: my CP was at The Barnstormer and more than twice during my two-month program I witnessed some mothers lifting their kids over the fence that is close to the coaster track as you arrive at the loading platform in order to let their kids play in the sand!!

Yes, they willingly placed their kids pratically in front of an incoming coaster train.
I'm not very surprised, I assume that you "yelled" at the mothers?

raven

Some kids on our boat at Splash in DL caused downtime because they thought it would be fun to stop the boat and back everyone up. :brick:

CaptainJackNO

I went to Magic Kingdom yesterday and either Splash mountain was broken, closed or stalling on the ride. Is the ride not done or they just dont make things the way they used to.
Given the amount of people who ride that attraction every day, and the hours a day that attraction operates, breakdowns can be expected. That attraction moves tons of people every day, all day. I wouldn't worry.

ryno1982

Unless the worklights were on, the ride was not broken. It was most likely an intrusion. Now if it was broken down, it was most likely a non resetable ride stop, which can be caused by a variety of things, but mostly because the computer feels like it. For instance, if one of the sensors fails, the computer may lose track of the amount of logs on the attraction and it causes a non resetable. CMs have to manually reset all the prelifts, lifts, and drops. This can be done with people still on the ride. Only in the event of an estop, or if a nonresetable takes too long will the ride be evacuated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom