Splash Mermaid Fountain Missing

HM GhostHostess

Original Poster
The mermaid fountain that is usually located near the Backlot Tour is missing. Is it out for repair?

This better not be a permanent removal. The fountain has a unique connection to Disney's Hollywood Studios because it was actually made in the Scenic Shop at the Studios and it is from the movie Splash, who's sequel was the first movie to be filmed at the Disney MGM Studios.

nepalostparks

It wasn't there on the 17th; I don't know how long it has been out. I thought I snapped a picture, but I can't seem to find it.

I'm hoping it is just out for a cleaning. The top part of the fountain had a few fern plants in plastic pots, so it certainly looked temporary.

Tom

Beta Return
The mermaid fountain that is usually located near the Backlot Tour is missing. Is it out for repair?

This better not be a permanent removal. The fountain has a unique connection to Disney's Hollywood Studios because it was actually made in the Scenic Shop at the Studios and it is from the movie Splash, who's sequel was the first movie to be filmed at the Disney MGM Studios.

I noticed this too on Monday. My wife said, "Wait....there's something missing here." I stood there and scratched my head for a minute and said "Oh yeah....the mermaid lady with the !" We agreed and moved on.

It looked like there were new flowers in the center of that island, so hopefully they're placeholders while they work on the statue. Perhaps they're giving her some clam shells :p

wdwfan22

The fountain seems to go away for repairs about this time every year for a couple of weeks. I'm sure it will return soon.

tuppence

I hope it returns soon as my little one will be extremely upset if it's not there next week when we arrive. She's a Little Mermaid super fan and loves the fountain. :)

MKCP 1985

it was badly damaged in the hurricanes of 2004. They patched it up and it keeps on going. If they were going to ditch it, 2004 would have been the time to do it, with a good excuse.

AmongMadPeople

I should have looked closer, but I got the impression standing there that the ferns weren't planted in soil, but just potted and propped up in the hole. They looked like temporary filler, nothing permanent.

devoy1701

Splash had a sequel? :lookaroun

lazyboy97o

Remember when Michael Eisner wanted to include components of the movie Splash into Splash Mountain?
I still do not believe that was ever a serious comment. Song of the South had just had a successful theatrical rerelease in 1986. Splash Mountain was also not the original name.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I dont know what im more surpised by splash having a sequel or there being a website dedicated strictly to dhs?

No offense as the site seems well put together, but it seems like there would be barely enough infonto keep it fresh.

Oh well plenty of room still left on the internet ;)

Goofnut1980

Semi off-topic, but who else things the back lot area needs an overhaul?? Make it more park like and less boring and blah. There is nothing "studios" about it... I just do not like walking through the area because of the lack luster appeal.

Lets take out BLT and put in a few new things. I remember when I was a kid, the BLT had the Empty Nest and Golden Girls houses. It was cool to see. Now there is 3 things to look at. Just terrible. :brick:

wilkeliza

Semi off-topic, but who else things the back lot area needs an overhaul?? Make it more park like and less boring and blah. There is nothing "studios" about it... I just do not like walking through the area because of the lack luster appeal.

Lets take out BLT and put in a few new things. I remember when I was a kid, the BLT had the Empty Nest and Golden Girls houses. It was cool to see. Now there is 3 things to look at. Just terrible. :brick:

Didn't BLT just get a remodel this month? What exactly was done during that time. I remember hearing about it when it was announced but no after announcements.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom