Splash Laughing Place

Fantasmic

@lolshutterbug... when we went in 2011, we noticed that if we rode splash soon after opening, everything worked better, but as it got busier things didn't work so well, and weren't synched. Am I right in thinking that, as the day goes on and more boats are sent round the boats get out of sync with the effects on the ride? (Hence the million dollar bunny working, but not hopping at the right time for us many times!)

lolshutterbug

@lolshutterbug... when we went in 2011, we noticed that if we rode splash soon after opening, everything worked better, but as it got busier things didn't work so well, and weren't synched. Am I right in thinking that, as the day goes on and more boats are sent round the boats get out of sync with the effects on the ride? (Hence the million dollar bunny working, but not hopping at the right time for us many times!)
I wouldn't say yes, but I wouldn't say no. We're supposed to dispatch a boat every 11.5 seconds for everything to be perfectly synched with the ride. But as we all know, some people take longer than other. So slowly, things get just a little tilted by the middle of the day. The best times to ride are right at opening and about 1-2 hours before we close (after the fireworks) because we're sending boats faster.

blueboxdoctor

I thought I read that there is a scheduled maintenance for the first part of 2013. It's definitely needed, as the ride likes to break down, but it also makes sense they're holding it off until the end of the holiday season.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I thought I read that there is a scheduled maintenance for the first part of 2013. It's definitely needed, as the ride likes to break down, but it also makes sense they're holding it off until the end of the holiday season.
There's always scheduled maintenance in January. It was deferred this year due to BTM. Next year it's a much longer refurb. I just hope its long - and funded - enough.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom