SPIRIT OF ALOHA SHOW.....gotta few questions.

<3caseyscorner

Original Poster
Hey guys! So me and the DH are going to the Spirit of Aloha Show for the first time. I have gotten mixed reviews on it. So......what do you guys think? If you dont like it, what is it about you dont like? and if you do like it, what do you like about it???? How big is the area? we are in cat 3 seating. Also anyone have any food pics of the food??????? THANKS PALS!!!!!!:wave:

ob1thx1138

We went last summer and did not care for it. The show is really corny and dancing is very well done, but you can only watch hula dancing so long before it gets really boring. The only interesting part of the show was the fire dancers and even that didn't keep our boys (16 and 8) interest the entire time they were on stage. The food was good, but not great about what you would expect from a buffet (it is served family style) The dessert was pretty good and our favorite part was the drink that we got in a monkey head shaped cup which we still have proudly displayed in our home (our master bath has a tropical theme).

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Absolutely awful. A shell of its former self (the old Polynesian Luau was actually quite good).

The first 30 minutes of the show are interminable, and the rest of it isn't much better. The fire dancers are mildly entertaining, but not worth the price.

The food isn't very good, either.

wvdisneyfamily

The food is okay, but definitely not anywhere close to the best on property. We really liked the pineapple. The dessert was wretched. None of us liked it, and DS and I are chocolate fans. The show was not as bad as everybody says. It was corny but fun. The last part was good. I wouldn't do it again. I'm glad I did it once.

GASTES

We have been twice and both times enjoyed it very much!!! Food Good and we had great seats since we booked early we had catergory 1 seating. Very good show worth seeing

<3caseyscorner

Original Poster
thanks!! so i booked hoop de doo instead and watching for an opening at califonia grill. we have the deluxe plan so we are wanting to do a show or signature dining one night :eek:

GeoDonJac34

I think you made the right decision. I agree with others here. the show is really corny. I definitely would not go back. Hoop De Doo, I did enjoy.

captainkidd

Absolutely awful. A shell of its former self (the old Polynesian Luau was actually quite good).

The first 30 minutes of the show are interminable, and the rest of it isn't much better. The fire dancers are mildly entertaining, but not worth the price.

In a nutshell, this just about sums it up.

GoochDSA

I couldn't agree more. Well said.

Good move switching to HDDR. It is hands down the best dinner show on property. I would even keep HDDR over trying to get into CG. If you haven't done HDDR before I would probably suggest that experience over just about any of the signatures on the dining plans (with the exceptions of maybe Citricos or Flying Fish).

sksowell

My family went once and really do not have a desire to go back. As mentioned the food was just ok and the overall show was rather boring. If you want a good show I recommend the Hoop De Doo, very entertaining, we go back anytime we get a chance.

lbrad

I have done the Luau twice.

I saw the original Luau so SoA is not as good.

I wouldn't go again BUT I do recommend trying it at least once.

I truly enjoyed HDDR much more, as did the rest of my family.

Scuttle

The first hour of the show is horrible, but the second hour is actually pretty good when they firedance and stuff. Good decision on the Hoop, It is far superior

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom