Spirit Airlines

crazygirley

Original Poster
Has anyone ever flown with Spirit Airlines? This will be my first trip on this airline, and I would love to hear some reviews. Anyone?

X12345

crazygirley said:
Has anyone ever flown with Spirit Airlines? This will be my first trip on this airline, and I would love to hear some reviews. Anyone?

i flew from detroit to fort lauderdale about 18 months ago. No problems.

GenerationX

We've flown Spirit for almost all of our trips. They're much less expensive than the alternatives. We found their service to be friendly, but their frills to be few. We were delayed once on a return trip due to a massive rain storm. Other than that, they've been on-time. Overall, I recommend them.

Fantasmic!329

I have been to WDW three times, all the three we used Spirit. Great airline, no big complaints. Delayed once due to pilot's seatbelt malfunctions. :brick:

DisneyPhD

Many trips, never a problem. Infact I perfer it to NW if the prices are the same.

I thought maybe we would be on the same flight, but we leave on the 4th. For us when we booked the airfare was a lot more on the 3rd then the 4th, so that is why we picked that day. What was the airfare for you? (we paid 79 each way, this was a few months ago.)

Getting closer..................... :p

crazygirley

Original Poster
DisneyPhD said:
Many trips, never a problem. Infact I perfer it to NW if the prices are the same.

I thought maybe we would be on the same flight, but we leave on the 4th. For us when we booked the airfare was a lot more on the 3rd then the 4th, so that is why we picked that day. What was the airfare for you? (we paid 79 each way, this was a few months ago.)

Getting closer..................... :p
It is getting close, isn't it? I counted this morning, something like 50-something days for us!!!

But yes, my flight is on the 3rd around 11:00am, so no, we will just miss each other... but will find ourselves at the same place the following day (and the funny thing is that we are ALWAYS just a few miles apart!!! LOL!!!)

The trip in general was last minute, and we booked our flight late, about a month ago. Airfare was very cheap, around $200 one day, and the next morning had skyrocketed up to nearly $300. We waited it out and it dropped to about $225, which was the best deal we found and is what we paid round trip, and it hasn't gone down since.

I've always flown NWA and liked it. Never had a problem. I'm sure Spirit will be great, too. Maybe better!!!

DisneyPhD

crazygirley said:
It is getting close, isn't it? I counted this morning, something like 50-something days for us!!!

But yes, my flight is on the 3rd around 11:00am, so no, we will just miss each other... but will find ourselves at the same place the following day (and the funny thing is that we are ALWAYS just a few miles apart!!! LOL!!!)

The trip in general was last minute, and we booked our flight late, about a month ago. Airfare was very cheap, around $200 one day, and the next morning had skyrocketed up to nearly $300. We waited it out and it dropped to about $225, which was the best deal we found and is what we paid round trip, and it hasn't gone down since.

I've always flown NWA and liked it. Never had a problem. I'm sure Spirit will be great, too. Maybe better!!!

Getting even closer! :sohappy:

I find Spirt easier since you don't have to go to the new terminal. The new one is prettier, but a bigger pain the in the butt so it is just as easy to go to smith and deal with the stanky elevator! :lol:

I don't think Spirit has the whole bag must be under 50 lbs or we will fine you $50 or something like that rule NW does. I don't like that (not that I want a bag over 50lbs but it is a pain to worry about, is it close?)

Have you made your PS yet, I am draging my feet on that. I just don't want to pick what day we are doing what yet.

We do have a rental car this time, but I like to stay on prop anyway.
:p

speck76

crazygirley said:

I flew Spirit this summer

It is a no-frills airline along the lines of Southwest or Airtran.

I flew Spirit Plus, which is there version of 1st class.....the seats were pretty good....and Spirit Plus includes free alcohol and snacks.

Spirit is replacing all of their planes with Airbus 318/319 models by 2007.....if you get a new plane (which I had 1 way) they are very nice.....you if get stuck on one of the old planes (MD 80's I think)...it is not great....although no worse than most NWA planes.

I've flown Spirit a few times going from Detroit to Ft. Myers, and had no problems ever.. For my next trip though, I will be flying NW as their tickets were half the price of Spirit (go figure)..

DisneyPhD

HoneyMnShawnee said:
I've flown Spirit a few times going from Detroit to Ft. Myers, and had no problems ever.. For my next trip though, I will be flying NW as their tickets were half the price of Spirit (go figure)..

Funny how that happens. All things being equal I will fly Spirit, however if NW has a lower price......... Our next flight in Jan (booked back in sept) was much cheaper then NW. However NW flights for Feb and March (at least when I was look a while ago, was much less then Spirit.) I must admit, if Spirit is not as afordable, I will jump airlines!

ZapperZ

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Spirit Airlines isn't "new". In fact I think it was ValueJet until it had a crash in Florida a while back. I recall that they were cited for a number of violations. Either they decided to start with a clean slate by changing the name, or they want to remove the stigma attached to the ValueJet name.

Zz.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom