Spider-Man Ride Patent for DLR

Phroobar

Is ITTBAB's building big enough for something like that? It seems like it would be a tight fit in order to get a decent swing motion.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Is ITTBAB's building big enough for something like that? It seems like it would be a tight fit in order to get a decent swing motion.

Not sure but I was assuming they could extend it into Fliks Fun Fair if they need to. Regardless, looks like a fun concept.

D

Deleted member 107043

Yeah, I'm wondering how this would replace It's Tough to Be A Bug without tearing down the existing building or making major modifications to it. I thought the new Marvel ride was going in the expansion area behind

brb1006

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Screen-Shot-2017-10-06-at-10.06.01-AM.png
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Screen-Shot-2017-10-06-at-10.05.47-AM.png
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Screen-Shot-2017-10-06-at-10.06.16-AM.png
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Screen-Shot-2017-10-06-at-10.15.24-AM.png

Phroobar

Not sure but I was assuming they could extend it into Fliks Fun Fair if they need to. Regardless, looks like a fun concept.
I think there is too much in the way to extend the building. It would fit in combined Muppets and Millionaire building.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Who knows maybe this isn't for ITTBAB at all. I was just going off the last rumors putting Marvel land in Bugs Land. If that's true and the Coaster is going behind GOTG then it would make sense that Spider-Man is going in ITTBAB/ Fliks Fun fair. It's all conjecture at this point though.

Antaundra

I hope this means Marvel land is further along than we've been led to believe. I was loosing hope that it was ever going to happen.

lazyboy97o

Patents are not always for attractions in active, immediate development. Even if for an impending attraction, they also would not necessarily reflect an actual footprint.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I think there is too much in the way to extend the building. It would fit in combined Muppets and Millionaire building.

It would be a lot easier and it's underutilized space. But then where does the Mickey ride go? (Probably wishful thinking). Let's assume the Mickey ride is a big hit and they want to bring it to DCA, it would only make sense that it goes in the backlot. (Or maybe the animation building if it's big enough?) So I'm thinking Spider-Man for Bugs Land. This might make more sense of Pixar Pier since we'd be losing Bugs Land and Monsters Inc. Coaster goes behind GOTG. This only makes sense if they think they can't get the eastern gateway project off the ground. If they can, then everything gets shifted around. I wouldn't be surprised if they have two plans for Marvel land. The one including demoing Bugs Land is the "we re not confident about the eastern gateway" plan.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

maybe its just me...but that ride system doesn't look like it would make me feel the greatest. Of course, it could greatly depend on the speed it goes and how wildly it swings back and forth. It almost looks like a more sophisticated thing you'd find at the county fair.

Phroobar

Kind of like a smaller version of this thing driving around a warehouse.

scre.jpg

mickEblu

Original Poster
Kind of like a smaller version of this thing driving around a warehouse.

scre.jpg

Lol.

I'm thinking Harry Potter ish sized ride vehicles that can swing side to to side except your hanging on an overhead track. Well if anything this kills my dream of an Aladdin E ticket. But I'm glad that they re finally doing something with this type of concept since Peter Pan (1955).

mickEblu

Original Poster
maybe its just me...but that ride system doesn't look like it would make me feel the greatest. Of course, it could greatly depend on the speed it goes and how wildly it swings back and forth. It almost looks like a more sophisticated thing you'd find at the county fair.

I think it will be pretty tame. It will definitely be less thrilling than GOTG or the Coaster.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Honestly looks like a cool ride concept. Too bad it has no place in DCA and I already hate it.

Lol. To be honest I'm about 90% excited for it because of the concept. As far as it not having a place, nothing will ever look more out of place than that GOTG tower. At least this will be a purpose built attraction/ showbuilding that won't be towering over the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom