Speculation on annual passes?

ElvisMickey

I have no “info” on that...it just makes sense.

they’ve been expired for a year...and people are coming back and paying without that or the cursed dining plan that screwed the whole system up. And it’s for reduced/altered food for the price.

1+1= ____
What’s ironic is that an awesome Cast Member actually gave my renewal to me for free right before Christmas 2019. Then the S hit the fan in March 2020 and I barely got to use it! Oh well…3rd world problems lol…

nickys

Premium Member
I have no “info” on that...it just makes sense.

they’ve been expired for a year...and people are coming back and paying without that or the cursed dining plan that screwed the whole system up. And it’s for reduced/altered food for the price.

1+1= ____
That isn’t actually true.

Any active TIW cards were given a four month extension because of the closure. So people who bought them in early 2020 have been using them and a few still are.

However no one has been able to buy a new one (there never was a “renewal” option).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That isn’t actually true.

Any active TIW cards were given a four month extension because of the closure. So people who bought them in early 2020 have been using them and a few still are.

However no one has been able to buy a new one (there never was a “renewal” option).

so they’re like 95% expired??

...bit of a parse, no?

the point remains...that small degree of “literal” doesn’t change the opinion. Extensions would have been granted no earlier than 3/15 (the last date a sale was made)...which means end of July clears the decks??

Trackmaster

If I recall...the point of the “gold” pass label was to get you to pay for bout $100 more for a pass with restrictions than the previous one that had none?

did it work?

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing. I'm not talking about Disney. I was thinking more about Cedar Fair and Six Flags where somehow the gold passes are the lowest level. Cedar Fair is more reasonable and only has a Platinum, but the levels at Six Flags go forever, of course with Gold being the lowest level and only being $50 a year. No blackout dates and free parking too. I'm just never a fan of the "give away the gate" mentality. And part of that is making the $50 a year people feel like they have something special because it says gold, when in reality its the lowest level pass. I mean people basically pay more money on lunch at Disney than that Gold pass.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing. I'm not talking about Disney. I was thinking more about Cedar Fair and Six Flags where somehow the gold passes are the lowest level. Cedar Fair is more reasonable and only has a Platinum, but the levels at Six Flags go forever, of course with Gold being the lowest level and only being $50 a year. No blackout dates and free parking too. I'm just never a fan of the "give away the gate" mentality. And part of that is making the $50 a year people feel like they have something special because it says gold, when in reality its the lowest level pass. I mean people basically pay more money on lunch at Disney than that Gold pass.
No...you’re right.

what I was saying was “gold” was Disney’s first blackout pass not restricted to Florida residents. They jacked the price, put in blackouts, and called it “gold”

same psychology

Raxel7851

I mean I feel like they're probably better than the rest of the industry. Isn't it funny that for for many chains, the gold pass basically represents the lowest level of passes? Wasn't there a point in time that gold meant that you were the winner and #1?
Kind of like the old American Express Gold Card. Then they went to Titanium and Platinum. Ok, I’m showing my age a bit. 😀

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom