Speculation on annual passes?

Kramerica

Original Poster
Hey all! As I currently understand it, annual passes are available to be renewed on a case by case basis, but new annual passes are not available for purchase yet. We're planning on moving to the Orlando are around July. I know there's been no official news, but is there any speculation on the return of annual passes that can be purchased new? Is there any concern at all of them not returning at all?

Thanks all! For all that live in Florida we look forward to being your new neighbors!

Trackmaster

I think anybody can renew their annual pass. They aren't selling new passes. Also if you cancelled during covid they are reviewing case by case if they will allow you to repurchase from what I understand.

No one cares about the renewals dude. This never ended. We all know this. When people ask, its because they do not currently have rights to an Annual Pass and would like to purchase one.

Hcalvert

I care. Mine renews in July and I didn't know if I could renew.
Similar for me. I can renew in early June (my 60 day mark) when I am at Disney. I plan on it due to already booking a Christmas trip and will most likely go for two weeks in June 2022.

nickys

Premium Member
DW & I were lucky enough to buy NEW Gold AP's - just before the lockdown. Good to 2031, or activation.

But general comment? If one can not BUY an item? That item no longer exists. Current data indicates that NEW APs are dead.
Let us know if anyone is able to buy a NEW AP? Silver, Gold, or any other color?
People who had cancelled theirs since the closure have bought new ones. These are not renewals, they can be activated on first use. And Disney have sold new ones for kids who have turned three since the parks closed if their parents have them.

So yes, they are still being sold.

Hcalvert

View attachment 559378
When looking at MagicBand options (I know they aren’t free anymore for resort stays) for an upcoming trip, I came across this interesting mention towards the bottom of the page, “Deluxe Annual Passport”. 🤔

Could this be the name that will replace “Gold” APs? (My current AP is Gold.) Or, has the Gold AP always been referred to in some areas of the site as a Deluxe Annual Passport and I’m just late to the game?
No they aren't free, but you can still get some bands free with your annual pass until August. It is only the plain ones that were free before. You can still get the discounted ones like everyone else with a resort stay. I noticed that they have increased the prices of most bands by $5 too. I bought the rose gold one for $10, but now it is $15.
1621675612359.png

Last edited:

Hcalvert

Thanks for the info. Correct. Currently, I can still get my AP MagicBand.
I was intrigued that the “affiliation” lists a “Deluxe Annual Passport”. I’ve never seen the term Deluxe used to describe an Annual Pass at WDW and didn’t know if it could be an indicator that some changes to the AP program at WDW are on the horizon and this is what the product equivalent to Gold APs are going to be called. 🤷‍♂️
Mine just says Platinum Annual Pass, which I have. So, I cannot help you with that. It would not surprise me if they change the names of the levels to eliminate some and change blackout dates among other things.

Ayla

Mine just says Platinum Annual Pass, which I have. So, I cannot help you with that. It would not surprise me if they change the names of the levels to eliminate some and change blackout dates among other things.
I think it's a good bet the tiers will be rearranged with different perks attached, as well as new names given to each AP level.

Gillyanne

My friend also has Gold Pass certificates on her account. I just looked at some screenshots she sent me back in Feb. Hers were also labeled as "Deluxe Annual Passport".

correcaminos

My Gold APs are listed as such on the app and under tickets. Only under the MB order area were they listed as Deluxe Annual Passport

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have a feeling they may go out of character and start selling them with “not valid before ____” date.

normally there’s no advantage to that...but they can totally do that to steer crowds and justify it...and the added wrinkle is to drive bookings at about 10,000 hotel rooms that are still closed

DoleWhipDrea

"Deluxe Annual Pass" is a term that Disneyland used to use for one of their levels. Obviously they're changing up their program significantly, but something to note. Deluxe wasn't the absolute top tier, but was second-best for visiting DLR, just under the one without any blackout dates.

Trackmaster

I kind of like the idea of making the names more utilitarian and less "fun" sounding like the other parks do. Kind of like what they do for the Epcot after 4, Weekday Select, and Theme Park Select. Since the only real difference between Annual Pass levels is the blackout intensity, it might make things a little easier to comprehend for people if you just put where the blackouts are in the name. And the top level would be "unlimited" instead of Platinum.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I kind of like the idea of making the names more utilitarian and less "fun" sounding like the other parks do. Kind of like what they do for the Epcot after 4, Weekday Select, and Theme Park Select. Since the only real difference between Annual Pass levels is the blackout intensity, it might make things a little easier to comprehend for people if you just put where the blackouts are in the name. And the top level would be "unlimited" instead of Platinum.

yeah...but that goes against a 75 year corporate policy of twisting words

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I mean I feel like they're probably better than the rest of the industry. Isn't it funny that for for many chains, the gold pass basically represents the lowest level of passes? Wasn't there a point in time that gold meant that you were the winner and #1?
If I recall...the point of the “gold” pass label was to get you to pay for bout $100 more for a pass with restrictions than the previous one that had none?

did it work?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom