Spectromagic Rehab

DisneyFan 2000

Well to be honest I really don't like MSEP. Sure the floats are nice but IMO the music is terrible! When I see SpectroMagic I feel it has a 'magical' touch to it that makes it special! The music is great and the song during the last part of the parade is simply heart warming! Those things make it so much better then MSEP IMO.... (Last time I checked MSEP didn't have a song, right?)

'Although we say goodbye
We cast a spell that won't be broken
Let this night forever
Live in our dreams' :)

DarkMeasures

I think Spectromagic should go to hell for all I care.

I want the Main Street Electrical Parade to return.

It was perfect in every way. The wonderful music the floats (especially those bugs)....

It was so great. And it was replaced by a parade that is nowhere to the greatness of the Electrical Parade.

But the Electrical Parade's music. My favorite Disney song of all time.... so great.... I would call it Micheal Iceburg's masterpiece.

Bill

Account Suspended
And I call it crap. Sounds like an 80s computer that's having a mental break down.

SpectroMagic has the best music for any Disney Night Parade, IMHO. Though, Tapestry of Nations had good music as well. Nations, not Dreams. Dreams was ruined with all those bratty kids screaming in the background.

marchofthecards

Nothing wrong with MSEP

What's wrong with MSEP? Spectro is good, but is now becoming dated. The new Dreamlights parade of Tokyo is simply MSEP jazzed up and is spectacular....if only other parks could get this!!!

Spectro is very moving, but we do miss....

"Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls,
Disneyland proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination, in thousands of sparkling lights and electro-synthe-magnetical musical sounds.......

(Pause)

....The Main Street Electrical Parade!"

(Stage Lights out - Roll Parade!) :sohappy:

Fantillusion is good, as a great score, and good show effects, but Paris are not using it to its full potential. Some of what was received from Tokyo is not used, or even been put together yet!

Toodles!

Simes

Testtrack321

Originally posted by Bill
And I call it crap. Sounds like an 80s computer that's having a mental break down.

SpectroMagic has the best music for any Disney Night Parade, IMHO. Though, Tapestry of Nations had good music as well. Nations, not Dreams. Dreams was ruined with all those bratty kids screaming in the background.

Couldn't agree more. Never understood the hoopla around MSEP. Also, the music in Nations was awsome, especially the the begining after the Sage's into.

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by Bill

Couldn't have said it any better! I never understood all the hype around this show!

Figment1986

I like MSEP and SM. i had both on tape, but MSEP disapeared during it's transition to DVD a few months back.....

I wish there was a way we could get both parades mixed together and make it with todays technology.....

and be better than anyother parade.

colliera

Wrong composer.

Originally posted by DarkMeasures
...But the Electrical Parade's music. My favorite Disney song of all time.... so great.... I would call it Micheal Iceburg's masterpiece. [/B]

I agree. But it isn't Micheal Iceburg's composition. Certainly he did play it but it was composed as "Baroque Hoedown" and was written by Jean-Jacques Perry and Gershon Kingsley. Don Dorsey arranged the music except for the "To Honor America" at the end of the parade which was arranged by Jim Christensen and performed by Jim Christensen & Paul Beaver.

It served as the musical bed for the Disney tunes overlaid to match the float passing by.

Yeah, I miss Michael too, http://www.michaeliceberg.com I believe.

Hi Ho!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom